You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-04 04:14:26

Thomas Caseus

All about shirts

The tragedy of Mountainhole & Lock.

In the latter days of the reign of Caesar Clinton, Lord Grünstone found himself in an exulted position and curious of the fine trinkets that might be obtained in cities more exotic than Novus York. Verily he made enquiries so as to find artists who might make for him blouses of finest muslin. Through whisperings, Lord Grünstone discovered that the blousemakers held in the very highest esteem in Londinium were known as Mountainhole & Lock.

Lord Grünstone's minions were summoned to make an appointment with the great firm of Mountainhole & Lock - failure would be punished by death. His minions succeeded, and Lord Grünstone ventured forth from his lair to meet an ambassador from Mountainhole & Lock. "Sirrah, I require blouses of finest muslin" said Lord Grünstone in the most condescending tone he could muster. "And I care not one whit for the cost to mine treasury, for I am a great Lord in the town of Novus York. Displease me not, for my wrath is without equal!". "Yes Mr. Knobend, I mean Grünstone" said the ambassador." And how many shirts does sir require?", he added in his most solicitous tone. "Make it a modest order, for I am careful and wise in the ways of bespeaking garments, and will not risk a poor fitment. An even two score and six will suffice" bellowed Lord Grünstone.

Lord Grünstone's heart was full of gladness after meeting the ambassador -"Verily I say to thee that I shall be the envy of all Novus York when I appear in my blouses of finest muslin from Mountainhole & Lock" he boasted to his friends. But all did not go as he expected, and of the two score and six shirts delivered unto him, not more than 5 were of a fitment worthy of a Lord. Grünstone's blood boiled with rage and despite the very sternest warnings to the firm of Mountainhole & Lock, he could not induce them to produce for him more than five shirts worthy of his station. After much gnashing of teeth and beating of chest, and even more therapy, Lord Grünstone gave up his tiresome crusade - his last instruction to Mountainhole & Lock was that the shirts be given to an Almshouse.

Thomas Caseus
Ferreus placeo

Last edited by Thomas Caseus (2006-04-04 05:21:23)

Board footer