You are not logged in.

#151 2012-10-12 01:38:14

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: Pics from Ivy Style opening night party

I was in my bookshop the other evening listlessly flipping through Ivy Style again and a graphic novel that seemed to have a camel toe on every page when it struck me -

And it was an insight worthy of the the bleedin' obvious Mark Miwords.

It's all off the Net., isn't it?

That's where the unboubtedly nice Patricia got it all from. So she says that 'Trad' is the new name for all this (not in reality it ain't, love) and we have Chens & Muffy & college boys & talking heads.

Elsewhere she's said that it's FIT's first exhibit which is zeitgeist driven. But that zeitgeist she's noted is the Internet one... One trolled into being, doncha know.

That's the major fault with it all I've finally realised. The project started from the wrong place: Online.

??????????????

#152 2012-10-12 03:06:22

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy

There you go Jim, your next project should be trolling a real life ivy movement into being. Maybe things like this exhibit will push Ivy out into the mainstream more. Even if it did though it would still just be a fleeting thing, the general populous want to follow the herd and fashions come and go fairly damn quick these days.

"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

#153 2012-10-12 05:11:57

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

Board footer