You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » What Jazz are you listening too? or WJAYLT for short.

#601 2022-12-14 20:27:52

Dulouz

Re: What Jazz are you listening too? or WJAYLT for short.

AlveySinger,

The obvious conclusion from the film is definitely, it's Frank Sinatra. I think the official position is that it's Dean Martin and related to the all the issues he had with managers.

Further elaboration: my mucca's belief that it was TB, boiled down to think about it, how could someone with TB's mediocre talent get so far?

Flick between 3 radio stations here on my way to work: Feelgood my wife's fav a local golden oldies style from the 80s onwards, Sublime Jazz FM and a new station I've found on DAB that plays neo-soul and the more funky jazz of the 70s onwards. That keeps me entertained on the 12-15 minutes way into work.

#602 2022-12-15 14:12:24

RobbieB

I've just caught a couple of documentaries on Amy Winehouse. I was a big fan and it was good to hear her singing again. What a talent, influenced by some Jazz greats

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#603 2022-12-16 00:56:04

Staxfan

I’ve been playing Ella & Friends Christmas cd in my car, I usually just listen to the Ella tracks but there are a few Louis Armstrong tracks that are good, one in particular that I hadn’t heard before, ‘Christmas Night in Harlem’, there’s only so much Frosty the Snowman I can take....

#604 2022-12-16 06:40:47

AlveySinger

RobbieB I went to the Amy Winehouse retrospective at the Design Museum earlier in the year. It featured her personal cd collection. Yes, massively influenced by jazz.

Bloody heart breaking to see how drugs ruined her life.

So talented from such an early age.

#605 2022-12-16 19:17:19

Dulouz

Never realised how great a talent Amy was at the time. A mate of mine was really into Back to Black, but I just thought reasonable single fodder, not interested enough to check out the whole album.

Had the Mosaic Stan Kenton set on earlier, June Christy singing Rika Jika Jack, Tampico and It Ain't Necessary So. The big band world that was until it wasn't.

#606 2022-12-19 03:42:02

RobbieB

Tony Bennett and Basie - A Swinging Christmas

Missus making early preparations for Christmas (me with my feet up)
This came up on my Spotify list. I must have been listening to it last Christmas.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » What Jazz are you listening too? or WJAYLT for short.

Board footer