You are not logged in.

#51 2013-09-29 14:33:35

Leer R.

Re: A blog from someone not so "new"...

I once had trews made out of a pretty nice lightweight cloth. After two seasons they just disintegrated... The only consistent stuff at H&M really seems to be stuff made in Romania. Far better than the rest, if you look carefully, you can make out in the store what the better stuff is. There was a nice overcoat, good polka dot scarfs, and a good and sturdy looking wool Harrington jacket, too. Anyway, I like it, it didn't cost a fortune and it seems pretty well made... I bet they could make good Ivy sacks better than any Keydge for a fraction of the price... ;-)

Last edited by Leer R. (2013-09-29 21:49:10)

http://maennergarderobe.blogspot.co.at

BB Makers shirts: 15.5/33, BB #1, 2 or 4 suits: 38R

#52 2013-10-19 11:18:33

Laa0815 Hedonism

#53 2013-11-04 13:12:30

Leer R.

#54 2013-11-07 03:41:35

Laa0815 Hedonism

#55 2013-12-02 12:56:51

Laa0815 Hedonism

#56 2013-12-02 13:00:43

Bop

Seeing both those avatars together remind me of the hokey-cokey !

#57 2013-12-15 09:26:26

Laa0815 Hedonism

New domain!!!!

maennergarderobe.blogspot.co.at

#58 2013-12-15 11:17:59

Beestonplace

Could you update us on your blog a bit more frequently? It seems as if there is nothing new going on.

#59 2013-12-15 12:20:56

Leer R.

You are right, not so much going on... I will let you know! There is a new interview on the way... Stay tuned!

#60 2013-12-15 12:25:20

Beestonplace

Waiting!

#61 2013-12-26 05:35:33

Laa0815 Hedonism

Tour de Mod part III!

With Daniele, who we all should know on here wink smile

http://maennergarderobe.blogspot.co.at/ … avare.html

#62 2013-12-26 06:03:11

Kingston1an

^ Unfortunate barnet though...

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#63 2013-12-30 08:23:47

Laa0815 Hedonism

Reworked some of my posts today... Added some pics etc... Did some updates. smile

#64 2013-12-30 08:37:44

Beestonplace

When are you going to updayte them next?

#65 2013-12-30 09:00:29

Worried Man

Kingston1an wrote:

I recall him sporting some super cool looks back when he posted on Talk Ivy.  Not too keen on this new look though.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#66 2013-12-30 09:05:17

Leer R.

Worried Man wrote:

Kingston1an wrote:

I recall him sporting some super cool looks back when he posted on Talk Ivy.  Not too keen on this new look though.

He always mixed and matched between Mod and Ivy... So this supposedly "new" look has always been part of (his own) game... I personally liked his college boy haircut better, but Daniele is Daniele - a supercool and relaxed guy, that's one of the nicest people around... smile

#67 2013-12-30 09:33:41

Worried Man

He definitely looks cool.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#68 2013-12-30 09:53:45

Worried Man

To clarify, I'm not taking a whack at Daniele's style, just saying the very Italian / mod thing isn't my taste.  He obviously drew inspiration from the Italian / mod thing when he posted here, but not in such a heavy dose.

#69 2013-12-30 10:08:52

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Worried Man wrote:

To clarify, I'm not taking a whack at Daniele's style, just saying the very Italian / mod thing isn't my taste.  He obviously drew inspiration from the Italian / mod thing when he posted here, but not in such a heavy dose.

I concur with my learned friend WM ,that whole European mod scene leaves me a bit cold.

“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”

#70 2013-12-30 10:39:24

Worried Man

Armchaired wrote:

Worried Man wrote:

I concur with my learned friend WM ,that whole European mod scene leaves me a bit cold.

I'll give him this... He definitely seems to know what he's doing with it.

#71 2013-12-30 12:51:42

Leer R.

Armchaired wrote:

Worried Man wrote:

I don't think that the European take on the Mod thing is very different to the Brit Mod scene... Everything I saw in London that was "Mod" could have been in Vienna, too... I think the Italians have a different take on clothes in general. That's the main difference... they are far more expressive - they always were smile

#72 2013-12-30 13:08:17

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Leer R. wrote:

Armchaired wrote:

Worried Man wrote:

I don't think that the European take on the Mod thing is very different to the Brit Mod scene... Everything I saw in London that was "Mod" could have been in Vienna, too... I think the Italians have a different take on clothes in general. That's the main difference... they are far more expressive - they always were smile

What you saw in London is European,we are Europeans in London too Dom

“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”

#73 2013-12-30 13:32:37

Leer R.

Armchaired wrote:

Leer R. wrote:

Armchaired wrote:

big_smile wink that's right. You are the first Brit EVER mentioning that, at least the first mentioning that to ME tongue

#74 2013-12-30 13:58:50

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Leer R. wrote:

Armchaired wrote:

Leer R. wrote:

big_smile wink that's right. You are the first Brit EVER mentioning that, at least the first mentioning that to ME tongue

LOL  even if a few of us do not like to admit it you cannot argue with geography.

#75 2014-01-06 13:31:14

Laa0815 Hedonism

Board footer