•  » Inane Overdrive-Brave New World Edition, 2013 and Beyond

#51 2013-01-18 08:19:35

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Re: Inane Overdrive-Brave New World Edition, 2013 and Beyond

g- wrote:

Film Noir Buff wrote:

Chévere wrote:

Forumite is an appropriate term for mites that inhabit or infest fora.

You have to admire that the mods there have managed to ensure no one knows more than they do.

Great line, FNB.  Great line.  So true, so true.

lt is a great line. Once a person comes along who brings new ideas and who knows his stuff, that's when they start feeling threatened (especially Paggy and Lurch) and that's when you get the boot.

Buff's Bastards......exposing message board inanity and keeping false GODS accountable since 2006!

Cooked food should be made illegal - Dr Jubb (Jubsy)

#52 2013-01-18 14:53:44

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Inanity at it's best.

Net worth before you can "afford" $500 shoes?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/248651/net- … -500-shoes

l couldn't read anymore than three posts, even that did my head in and made me wonder why l am wasting my life reading such rot. Anyway, l am off to see my shoomaker.

Buff's Bastards......exposing message board inanity and keeping false GODS accountable since 2006!

#53 2013-01-19 11:19:57

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Online posting at a forum taken to extremes. Check this out:

Total Posts
Total Posts: 295,910
Posts Per Day: 235.35

#54 2013-01-19 11:56:09

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Obviously employed in a government public sector position either in Greece or management in the UK NHS.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#55 2013-01-20 06:55:01

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

Flairball wrote:

Had a nice dinner with the wife at Hamersley's Bistro, so I thought I'd try something a bit different.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/Flairball/review/7306d2b2f9c0baecf1d5c1461b44f5e5.jpg

The pics don't pick up some of the colors, but there is a cranberry overcheck on the jacket, and the tattersall that coordinate nicely with the tie.

Barbour tattersall
LLB trousers
jacket (I've forgotten it's source)
Louis Boston tie (thrifted)
K Cole shoes

srmd22 wrote:

Great rig!

What kinda food at Hamersley's?

Flairball wrote:

ALL!

"You've gotta get up close like this and - bada-BING! - you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit."

suits/jackets 36/37S. waist 29-30. shirts 14.5/15 32.

#56 2013-01-22 02:08:26

adorable homunculus

Casting for the remake of Goldfinger begins in earnest. A leaked photo of the top contender for the role of Oddjob has been posted on Andyland's WAYWT thread

http://i.imgur.com/nHzqudV.jpg

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#57 2013-01-22 03:14:32

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

He should be renamed Mish Mash judging by what he's wearing.

Fair play to him for inventing the short sleeve 3 piece suit though. Someone had to.

"You've gotta get up close like this and - bada-BING! - you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit."

#58 2013-01-22 03:36:32

Reckless Reggie

''I was sure that I parked my trailer right here. And someone stole it in the time that it took to eat a Big Mac. BTW I was an alternative cover picture for Fuck Yeah Menswear but Uncle Simon told me not to demean myself. But I think that he was just jealous.''

I'm Reckless Reggie of the Regent Palace,
I'm in love with every gal;
I flirt with Maudie and I flirt with Alice,
I'm a real life Regent's pal.

#59 2013-01-22 14:10:55

Bishop of Briggs

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/201 … ation.html

"Laundering shirts at home can be good way for men who a) do not employ a laundress and b) are willing to learn how to iron to occupy themselves during spectator sports. ...

"At less than ten minutes per shirt (as little as five with experience), laundering shirts at home is far more practical than you might think. And if you are one of those fortunate men who have found a launderess to employ, s/he will do better work with the right tools."

Or better still, marry someone who can iron your shirts properly!

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is now dead!

#60 2013-01-22 14:42:19

Gilgamesh2003

Good heavens! What will Mr. Boelke suggest next? That one might dispense with Cook and prepare one's meals oneself? That one might don one's trousers without the guiding hand of a valet? Revolutionary talk like this threatens the entire order of things.

#61 2013-01-22 15:05:57

prince nez

adorable homunculus wrote:

Casting for the remake of Goldfinger begins in earnest. A leaked photo of the top contender for the role of Oddjob has been posted on Andyland's WAYWT thread

I heard they were also casting for The Man With The Golden Gun. The little fellow playing Nick Nack has been on the publicity circuit.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/mafoofan/foo_greatcoat_medium_zps28853b95.jpg

#62 2013-01-22 16:16:10

g-

Such earnestness.  Unfortunately within a year he will be spouting the SF mantra.

#63 2013-01-22 16:21:38

g-

prince nez wrote:

I heard they were also casting for The Man With The Golden Gun. The little fellow playing Nick Nack has been on the publicity circuit.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ … 853b95.jpg

At one time he was certainly less of the caricature, but it is full on now.  He looks like a minor character from a LeCarre novel--one with grave flaws.  It a complete house of horrors there.

#64 2013-01-22 17:02:52

formby

prince nez wrote:

...has he joined the army?

The size of those lapels and width of martingale accentuate his small frame. They are in keeping with the classic style of a great coat though. The pockets and cloth are of course not.

There seems to be a problem with the box pleat at the back. I don't think it should gape like that.

He deserves some credit for taking a classic and playing with it.

Approved, with some reservations.

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#65 2013-01-23 01:33:59

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Imagine how you'd piss yourself if you saw him on the street though, hurrying along with his little legs going ten to the dozen as he made his way off on his important business...

#66 2013-01-23 02:35:40

fxh
Big Down Under.

I tend to be slightly with Formby here. The foo guy to me is just another bloke posting pictures on the internet - I neither like nor dislike him. But I've always been disappointed that for a bloke with so much (seemingly) easy big $ to spend on clothes, and a fair amount of knowledge, he does so little with it.

I'm not sure if that coat would be very practical, but thats not all that important at times. I'd agree lapels and back belt seems a bit oversized and the box pleat should be shut - shouldn't it?

I'd have thought its a bit heavy material for all the accoutrements and the material would look better on a simpler design. Or a complicated design and much much lighter material.

Any way I like to see people who can afford it "having a go" rather than searching for the most expensive boring tie they can find.

Those trousers and cuffs he wears do him no favours - and I can't understand why he does.

To do: insert constantly changing witty, knowing and slightly ironic literary quote or reference.

http://sexyankles.tumblr.com/

#67 2013-01-23 02:45:51

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

prince nez wrote:

Here's a nice label shot for anyone who wants to know where Foo gets his stuff made.
http://www.mysite4u.com/toys/gijoe/images/Dsc00054_jpg.jpg

#68 2013-01-23 09:45:26

g-

fxh wrote:

I tend to be slightly with Formby here. The foo guy to me is just another bloke posting pictures on the internet - I neither like nor dislike him. But I've always been disappointed that for a bloke with so much (seemingly) easy big $ to spend on clothes, and a fair amount of knowledge, he does so little with it.

I'm not sure if that coat would be very practical, but thats not all that important at times. I'd agree lapels and back belt seems a bit oversized and the box pleat should be shut - shouldn't it?

I'd have thought its a bit heavy material for all the accoutrements and the material would look better on a simpler design. Or a complicated design and much much lighter material.

Any way I like to see people who can afford it "having a go" rather than searching for the most expensive boring tie they can find.

Those trousers and cuffs he wears do him no favours - and I can't understand why he does.

I do agree with your point of "having a go."   This coat, however, reminds me of something I would have picked up from a military surplus store in the '80s.

#69 2013-01-23 10:54:41

NJS

Bishop of Briggs wrote:

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2013/01/maintenance-steam-station.html

"Laundering shirts at home can be good way for men who a) do not employ a laundress and b) are willing to learn how to iron to occupy themselves during spectator sports. ...

"At less than ten minutes per shirt (as little as five with experience), laundering shirts at home is far more practical than you might think. And if you are one of those fortunate men who have found a launderess to employ, s/he will do better work with the right tools."

Or better still, marry someone who can iron your shirts properly!

Presumably, Mrs Briggs does not read FNB!

#70 2013-01-24 08:48:18

The_Shooman
A pretty face

fxh wrote:

We all have our special areas where we have talents and we have other areas where we are clueless. Obviously Mr Fan is clueless about combining an outfit, but he probbably has other talents to make up for his disasters. Not many people are good at combining clothes, you've either got it or you haven't.

#71 2013-01-24 14:10:57

Popeye Doyle

Show us your Swifter

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p599/Pinesiw/20130122_093852.jpg

"All in all they are a pretty sleazy bunch."
                                            --Cruiser
"Can one safely bone the cordovan of the dead?"
                                            --Quay

#72 2013-01-24 15:22:29

adorable homunculus

^ If that guy was holding up a copy of today's newspaper then I could believe it to be a still from a hostage video appeal.  It's surely not a submission to a menswear forum?

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#73 2013-01-24 15:46:45

Popeye Doyle

^ If that guy was holding up a copy of today's newspaper then I could believe it to be a still from a hostage video appeal.  It's surely not a submission to a menswear forum?

Please note that this Canadian gentleman seen on the Hat Forum does not have any cupboards or shelves but he does have a fucking 28 cubic-foot freezer. Be careful, you might find one of his roommates inside.

"All in all they are a pretty sleazy bunch."
                                            --Cruiser
"Can one safely bone the cordovan of the dead?"
                                            --Quay

#74 2013-01-24 21:43:35

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Popeye Doyle wrote:

Please note that this Canadian gentleman seen on the Hat Forum does not have any cupboards or shelves but he does have a fucking 28 cubic-foot freezer. Be careful, you might find one of his roommates inside.

good point!

He is also a person who lacks proper responsibility because he is obviously not a steward of the land. The evidence of this is his freezer. No proper Giant vibrator should have cupboards, refrigeration or a freezer. Actually...if it was my Giant vibrator the first thing to go would be the fridge and the freezer. l bet you this guy even has a stove/oven in his Giant vibrator (a loser).

Ovens and freezers are the stupidest things ever invented, they will lead you up the garden path quicker than you can say `jack robinson'.

btw, he also has text books and a t.v. That guy is sooo screwed, he will never be anything but a mind controlled slave owned by bankers. Poor bastard.

Last edited by The_Shooman (2013-01-24 21:46:20)

#75 2013-01-25 03:16:48

Reckless Reggie

I recon that he is about to harvest alfafa to make juice and keep himself calm and clean inside.

I'm Reckless Reggie of the Regent Palace,
I'm in love with every gal;
I flirt with Maudie and I flirt with Alice,
I'm a real life Regent's pal.

• Index
  •  » The Wardrobe
  •  » Inane Overdrive-Brave New World Edition, 2013 and Beyond

Board footer