You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-06 01:32:08

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger
From: Beyond!
Posts: 4789

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Nice avatar by the way. Tibetan Fox, right?


"You've gotta get up close like this and - bada-BING! - you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit."

suits/jackets 36/37S. waist 29-30. shirts 14.5/15 32.

 

#27 2013-01-06 01:32:40

4F Hepcat
THE Cat
Posts: 14333

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Eckhart wrote:

You know a lot about this crap...You must be really boring or lonely:)

I have merely placed myself at the centre of the information vortex, nothing happens in this town, without me knowing about it.


Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

 

#28 2013-01-06 01:33:49

Excart
Member
Posts: 80

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Nice...you dress like a gay youth worker too?

 

#29 2013-01-06 01:40:49

4F Hepcat
THE Cat
Posts: 14333

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

No, that was John Gall by the way, not Jim.

He would likely take that as a compliment being a cappucino swilling Guardianista.


Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

 

#30 2013-01-06 01:42:18

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger
From: Beyond!
Posts: 4789

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Only Jim is the gay youth worker. Hepcat dresses as a Policeman and I dress as a Red Indian. You can be the soldier if you want Eggcart?


"You've gotta get up close like this and - bada-BING! - you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit."

suits/jackets 36/37S. waist 29-30. shirts 14.5/15 32.

 

#31 2013-01-06 01:54:51

SurreySteve
Member
From: Surrey...
Posts: 188

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Liam Mac wrote:

Only Jim is the gay youth worker. Hepcat dresses as a Policeman and I dress as a Red Indian. You can be the soldier if you want Eggcart?

Village People Ivy!


Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day...

 

#32 2013-01-06 02:15:16

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

I do a bit of highway maintenance, can I join? Oh shit I'm already a red indian. (native american to non-Ivy Style readers)

Last edited by My Grandfather's Pants (2013-01-06 02:16:01)


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#33 2013-01-06 02:16:46

Axelist
Talker of the talk, walker of the walk.
From: age
Posts: 1223

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

woofboxer wrote:

My Grandfather's Pants wrote:

Honestly, hand on my heart, sometimes I think he has put in a good effort. Other times, when he is trying too hard not so. I think he has got a better considered wardrobe than most people, myself included. The problem remains of him being a complete nob, but that is just my personal impression, I think JP is a nob too but he can equally dress well. What I find strange is how Boyer has anything to do with menswear, he often looks like a bed ridden great-aunt.

When I met them they both looked the real deal, especially Boyer. When Chens lays bare his wardrobe for Ivy Style or Japanese magazines, as you say, it looks well considered, understated and tasteful. His biggest problem is the collection of pompous weirdos that gravitate to the comments section of his blog to correct each others punctuation and indulge their collegiate fantasies. He has railed against the English a number of times, but is that any surprise given the constant stream of vilification and personal insults that are directed towards him from some of the members of this forum?

One day, one far day, history will reveal the true nature of your Rudolf Hess-like mission. What was negotiated, what was the intention. What was Jim's role in the plot? Nothing in the Ivy-reich happens without him knowing it and giving the nod. wink


Just to get a repp..

 

#34 2013-01-06 02:30:42

fxh
Big Down Under.
From: Melbourne
Posts: 6155

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said young man, 'cause your in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young man, there's a place you can go
I said young man, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time


To do: insert constantly changing witty, knowing and slightly ironic literary quote or reference.

http://sexyankles.tumblr.com/

 

#35 2013-01-06 02:30:48

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy
Posts: 2477

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

As per the title of the thread, some cool pics.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/2igli5y.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/_MG_9002.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/1845_p1010420.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/80081065.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/229841_10151034530957714_614554861_n.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/DSCF9737.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/woolsterandjunior.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/dsc08500u.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/gary199023888346.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/imag0019e.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/rlmk4x.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/P1140910.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/P1140909.jpg

I've found all these to be inspirational.


"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

 

#36 2013-01-06 02:33:48

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Thank you for flying Cymru Airways. we hope your journey is a pleasant one.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/imag0019e.jpg

Only joking, this man is received like a god in these parts.


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#37 2013-01-06 02:33:50

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate
From: Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Posts: 6108

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Eckhart wrote:

Nice...you dress like a gay youth worker too?

You look like you could use a shave Eckhart.


'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

 

#38 2013-01-06 02:35:55

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy
Posts: 2477

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Harpo's the man!


"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

 

#39 2013-01-06 02:38:16

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

And this guy is the unsung hero, forget your online style geniuses. They could all learn a thing from Heikki.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/henryfitzgerald/_MG_9002.jpg

Look at that popped collar, look at that attitude. Look at that hairline!!!

Last edited by My Grandfather's Pants (2013-01-06 02:39:44)


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#40 2013-01-06 02:42:50

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy
Posts: 2477

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

I think that look's blue steel, but it could be magnum? I've always liked Heikki's style.


"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

 

#41 2013-01-06 02:50:40

GIZhou007
Ivy Original.
From: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 685

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

His attack on us after our the discussion of chronic pain and medications, was teh work of a filth.  I have never attacked him or his page, other than light hearted banter; let alone Jim goiung through chemotherapy. he fucked up because as Doctor GI Zhou007, and being classed as a disabled veteran, I called a few people as I am sure Jim did.  No call for that sort of stuff in his blog.   

Axelist wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

My Grandfather's Pants wrote:

Honestly, hand on my heart, sometimes I think he has put in a good effort. Other times, when he is trying too hard not so. I think he has got a better considered wardrobe than most people, myself included. The problem remains of him being a complete nob, but that is just my personal impression, I think JP is a nob too but he can equally dress well. What I find strange is how Boyer has anything to do with menswear, he often looks like a bed ridden great-aunt.

When I met them they both looked the real deal, especially Boyer. When Chens lays bare his wardrobe for Ivy Style or Japanese magazines, as you say, it looks well considered, understated and tasteful. His biggest problem is the collection of pompous weirdos that gravitate to the comments section of his blog to correct each others punctuation and indulge their collegiate fantasies. He has railed against the English a number of times, but is that any surprise given the constant stream of vilification and personal insults that are directed towards him from some of the members of this forum?

One day, one far day, history will reveal the true nature of your Rudolf Hess-like mission. What was negotiated, what was the intention. What was Jim's role in the plot? Nothing in the Ivy-reich happens without him knowing it and giving the nod. wink

 

#42 2013-01-06 02:56:28

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate
From: Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Posts: 6108

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Axelist wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

My Grandfather's Pants wrote:

Honestly, hand on my heart, sometimes I think he has put in a good effort. Other times, when he is trying too hard not so. I think he has got a better considered wardrobe than most people, myself included. The problem remains of him being a complete nob, but that is just my personal impression, I think JP is a nob too but he can equally dress well. What I find strange is how Boyer has anything to do with menswear, he often looks like a bed ridden great-aunt.

When I met them they both looked the real deal, especially Boyer. When Chens lays bare his wardrobe for Ivy Style or Japanese magazines, as you say, it looks well considered, understated and tasteful. His biggest problem is the collection of pompous weirdos that gravitate to the comments section of his blog to correct each others punctuation and indulge their collegiate fantasies. He has railed against the English a number of times, but is that any surprise given the constant stream of vilification and personal insults that are directed towards him from some of the members of this forum?

One day, one far day, history will reveal the true nature of your Rudolf Hess-like mission. What was negotiated, what was the intention. What was Jim's role in the plot? Nothing in the Ivy-reich happens without him knowing it and giving the nod. wink

.
You will have to be patient Hepcat, the files will be released in 2042 under the the Thirty Year rule.

By that time we will live in cities inside huge domes as it will far too dangerous to go outside because of pollution and ultra violet rays. Due to being in a permanent air conditioned environment there will no need for clothing and we will all be able to walk around naked in public. Personal hologram packs will take care of decency by cloaking you in an illusion of the clothing of your choice. This would mean I would have access to a selection of Brooks No 1 suits, matched with white shirts and muted repp ties whilst Liam Mac will be able switch between lumberjack, surfer or rockabilly just by thinking about it. Grandfather Pant will be able to make himself black and project a number of doppelgangers to make up his own gang of disaffected ghetto kids with exremely short trousers. I'll be dead by the time all this fun starts but you may see it. Just think how interesting Ivy Style For Today will be by then.

Last edited by woofboxer (2013-01-06 02:57:34)


'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

 

#43 2013-01-06 03:03:39

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Ha,ha. I'm not sure Liam has strayed into rockabilly. Although I quite like the future you've set out for me. I'd probably be to old by that point to get involved in any real civil unrest though.


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#44 2013-01-06 03:15:05

Yuca
Member
Posts: 6924

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Re. Chens: I don't regard him as evil incarnate or the world's worst dressed (perhaps some people who know me in the real world would consider me for the role).  However I have never seen a photo of him looking good.  As I said yesterday, he seems to love the contemporary designer ethos of 'look at me', but being aligned with ivy he's forbidden from wearing clothes with external labels/logos, so he has to resort to wearing as many attention-seeking garments as he can.

As an ivyist who buys all his clothes new, I can understand why he has the necessity to liven up his look; the garments made by present day Brooks etc simply do not have the understated substance of real ivy.  Without some sort of gimmick they have no presence.

(I'm not saying it's impossible to wear ivy and only buy new, btw, but it would require the wearer to buy from a very small number of retailers.)


some sort of banal legitimacy

 

#45 2013-01-06 03:18:48

Yuca
Member
Posts: 6924

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Btw, I'm not implying that I am some sort of style guru; after 4 years of ivyism, I'm still finding my feet (metaphorically speaking - this has no relation to standing on gay priests). 

However I think in the near future I'm going to get my look passable (and I'm a perfectionist).


some sort of banal legitimacy

 

#46 2013-01-06 03:28:11

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...
Posts: 342

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Eckhart wrote:

To be frank, Ivy Style is quite easy....and, more importantly, it is almost effortless if you grew up in a waspy scene.

So I really do not understand what is the big deal with someone who can dress "Ivy Style".  Moreover, why would you want to adhere strictly to it...it is often boring and dull

As for Ivy Jim, his black cardigan, denim shirt and tie combo---one can barely see anything other than his bulbous head and oversized glasses--he looks like a gay social worker. Not a bad thing but perhaps a little out of touch with what he really wants to be projecting.

I hope Gally is laughing at this !

 

#47 2013-01-06 03:39:15

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Yuca wrote:

Re. Chens: I don't regard him as evil incarnate or the world's worst dressed (perhaps some people who know me in the real world would consider me for the role).  However I have never seen a photo of him looking good.  As I said yesterday, he seems to love the contemporary designer ethos of 'look at me', but being aligned with ivy he's forbidden from wearing clothes with external labels/logos, so he has to resort to wearing as many attention-seeking garments as he can.

As an ivyist who buys all his clothes new, I can understand why he has the necessity to liven up his look; the garments made by present day Brooks etc simply do not have the understated substance of real ivy.  Without some sort of gimmick they have no presence.

(I'm not saying it's impossible to wear ivy and only buy new, btw, but it would require the wearer to buy from a very small number of retailers.)

I've seen photos of him dressed well, I always think he makes good sock choices. That's the real given in menswear, can you choose the right sock?

I think you could dress well with new items but like you said, you'd have to go to a small selection of makers.


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#48 2013-01-06 03:50:06

Yuca
Member
Posts: 6924

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

My Grandfather's Pants wrote:

Yuca wrote:

Re. Chens: I don't regard him as evil incarnate or the world's worst dressed (perhaps some people who know me in the real world would consider me for the role).  However I have never seen a photo of him looking good.  As I said yesterday, he seems to love the contemporary designer ethos of 'look at me', but being aligned with ivy he's forbidden from wearing clothes with external labels/logos, so he has to resort to wearing as many attention-seeking garments as he can.

As an ivyist who buys all his clothes new, I can understand why he has the necessity to liven up his look; the garments made by present day Brooks etc simply do not have the understated substance of real ivy.  Without some sort of gimmick they have no presence.

(I'm not saying it's impossible to wear ivy and only buy new, btw, but it would require the wearer to buy from a very small number of retailers.)

I've seen photos of him dressed well,

Yeah right.

Examples?


some sort of banal legitimacy

 

#49 2013-01-06 03:51:28

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

Challenge accepted.


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

#50 2013-01-06 03:57:18

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin
From: the Time that Land Forgot.
Posts: 3768

Re: The Cool Pic Thread -

I think this outfit is great, the colour and pattern works well, and it shows off his hair colour to good effect.

http://fineyounggentleman.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/img_9397.jpg

Also if that is Boyer in the middle, then the person I was referring to as being pre-op was not Boyer.

I didn't think this was too bad either,

http://www.ivy-style.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cc-gc.jpg

or this,

or though, the at work bit made me chuckle

http://questmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cc2.jpg


Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 Rickard Andersson