You are not logged in.

#26 2013-05-25 05:52:15

Bop

Re: The EDL, right wing extremists or fashionistas?

If everyone had jobs nobody would give a fuck, they'd to busy spending their earnings and enjoying themselves, or just getting on in life, instead of finding causes to produce some sense of identity and self-worth. Right-wing sensibilities always come to the forefront in an economic downturn. It's not fucking rocket science why.

Last edited by Bop (2013-05-25 05:55:09)

#27 2013-05-25 06:31:12

Bishop of Briggs

^ There is more to alienation than jobs, e.g. housing, education and access to other public services. There are cultural issues too, especially Asian sex gangs targeting white teenagers, e.g. the recent cases in Rotherham and Oxford which are the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#28 2013-05-25 06:34:40

Yuca

some sort of banal legitimacy

#29 2013-05-25 06:36:55

adorable homunculus

Bad people are bad people whatever colour or religion they may be.

This said some ethnic groups do appear to contain a higher percentage of bad people than others.

However in my experience stupidity and racism tend to go hand in hand.

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#30 2013-05-25 06:38:06

Yuca

#31 2013-05-25 06:40:14

Bop

#32 2013-05-25 06:46:21

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Benson Box employ around 200 people I believe Yuca, most I've been told are poles. Lets be kind and say theres 100 jobs off the market. Benson Box have never struggled to fill their job places. True, boring manual work making, folding and packing cardboard boxes. Non the less it is work for someone. At least Benson haven't taken production out of the country, just brought an unskilled workforce into it. Same shit as far as I can see. Still, I won't lose to much sleep over it. I'd long lost my view that G.B was the greatest country in the world, lap dog to the EU and unable to find a leadership to look after its own. Glad to be out the stinking craphole to be honest.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#33 2013-05-25 06:49:09

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

EDL are one of the few active protest groups who are in growth and the Woolwich incident has done them a power of good. On the other hand, left wing and anti capitalist groups are struggling to motivate their supporters to turn out to events.  There seems to be little appetite for protest amongst young people, quite often demos consist of turning up for a photo opportunity to post on the group's internet site, then retiring to the pub for a congratulatory pint.

The 2011 riots were nothing to do with protest, just an opportunity for mass criminality and the fun of having a crack at the Old Bill. Lots of kids had expensive new trainers on afterwards.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#34 2013-05-25 06:54:36

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Aye putting up with your own shitheads is bad enough but shitheads from other countries as well? FFS. Its hopeless.

#35 2013-05-25 06:56:09

Bop

I think you off the mark there, many grass root anti-capitalist groups have bought things like corporate tax avoidance to a forefront, to the point were the government have had to go after these large companies, in a attempted to save face when normal people are having their incomes squeezed.

I'm amazed anybody can think the EDL is a good thing, that mentality is the complete mirroring of the opposing mindset. Let the people we pay to protect us protect us, not a load of stone island clad bother boys.

#36 2013-05-25 06:56:47

Yuca

Last edited by Yuca (2013-05-25 06:57:40)

#37 2013-05-25 07:04:53

Yuca

Last edited by Yuca (2013-05-25 07:06:28)

#38 2013-05-25 11:25:25

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

I don't know Yuca, I have a feeling that it might be something to do with the suppression of wages. We had a strike a couple of years ago here in Norway to get the minimum wage up because "skilled" tradesmen from eastern European counties were working for it. When I lived in Leicester I myself was told by a site manager on the Shires project when that was being built that I wouldn't work for the money polish plumbers made on the job.

I was speaking with a Polish chippie last year (a proper one) and he told me he can earn the same money in an hour in Norway as it takes a day in Poland. So like I've said I don't blame the people...

#39 2013-05-25 13:08:14

Topstitcher

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#40 2013-05-26 08:41:53

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#41 2013-05-26 09:14:03

Liam

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#42 2013-05-26 09:31:00

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#43 2013-05-26 10:38:16

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

In Malmö's ghetto the post men refuse to deliver to the door any more. Residents have to go to the PO to collect mail. Swedens far right party, Swedish Democrats, have seats in parliament which were won in the general election of 2010. It is a mainsteam party with a platform built on issues of Islam, crime and immigration. The riots are bound to add to their share of the vote. In 2000 the party was no where near gaining a seat due no doubt to the uniforms and swastikas. They were dropped in 2001. Scarey shit.

#44 2013-05-26 11:35:10

Bishop of Briggs

@ 4F Hepcat

Ali Miraj was only the Conservative candidate for Watford in 2005, held by the Tories until 1997. He came third and was later kicked off the Conservatives' Approved Candidates List for criticising Cameron - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6924988.stm.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#45 2013-05-26 15:56:49

TheExpandingMan

#46 2013-05-29 05:14:42

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Anyone catch Pat Condell's latest video:

http://www.patcondell.net/

#47 2013-05-29 05:50:43

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Should anyone on here be worried?

(url=)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22698510(url/)

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#48 2013-05-29 06:15:35

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I've checked the list out, there's only something like 175 people who have made donations and they've added a coda of people's criminal records. Some of them quite extensive, but mainly petty, but a few nutters. Anonymous also have many wanted individuals in their midsts.

Quite a provocative act, especially if this inspires someone to go and visit their local EDL sponsor and beat the crap out of them and possibly kill them. In that case, Anonymous will have blood on their hands. Anonymous grudge is that the EDL attacked the Occuply Movement and this has singled them out for special attention.

But if you were on that list, you would quite rightly be somewhat worried at the moment. Let's hope this doesn't inspire further violence.

We need more debate that is not stifled and limited by progressives and misconceived political correctness.

#49 2013-05-29 06:46:06

Russell...Street
By any other name...

Fascionista?

I think they're a bunch of ugly yobs!

That being said I'm not sure about their political views. At least they are pro-Zionist, which is always a plus in my eyes. I've read an article in Bahamas a few years ago that criticised the reports in German leftie publications which portrayed them as far-right-wing nutters and lumped them together with BNP/ NF. It was mentioned that the EDL had quite a few black members and that they even welcome Muslims as long as they were not Sharia-freaks.

The article pointed out, though, that the BNP and NF were trying to infiltrate the EDL. From what I've read recently, it seems that has happened already and it's now a bunch of Neo-Nazi-scum...

Anyone who can read German might be interested:

http://www.redaktion-bahamas.org/auswahl/web59-2.html

The level of language is probably to academic to translate it with some internet tool.

Addendum re: Bahamas: Of course, they were criticised by the mainstream left for "defending the EDL" or for "sympathising with fascists", even though that's not what's being said in this article.

Last edited by Russell...Street (2013-05-29 08:54:19)

42R | 16.5/34 | 34/30 | US 10D/UK 9.5E
"Horses, horses... horseshit!"

“As honest as you can expect a man to be in a world where its going out of style.”  - Raymond Chandler

#50 2013-05-29 15:47:15

Bishop of Briggs

The EDL has been infiltrated by MI5 and is now just an organisation to identify violent opposition to Islam. The BNP has infiltrated the English Democrats after failing to undermine UKIP.

Board footer