You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-25 00:13:19

Topstitcher

Stylish Behaviour In London Clubs -

http://wasp101.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-indiscreet-charm-of-bourgeoisie-by.html

Written in the 'florid' style. I thought that would be in keeping with the tone of the blog.  The link to the RAC's Turkish Baths seems not to work correctly. They're worth a Google. The enforcement of silence in the baths is spelled out there.

Best -

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#2 2013-05-25 07:39:02

formby

Re: Stylish Behaviour In London Clubs -

The Anthony Blunt room?

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#3 2013-05-25 12:56:16

Topstitcher

An early hero for many of us. Also, thinking back, none of us were ever in the Boy Scouts... A link there, maybe ?

wink

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#4 2013-05-25 13:10:33

Bishop of Briggs

The RAC Club, despite the pool and Turkish bath, is a bit soulless but the Epsom clubhouse (golf course, outdoor pool etc) is worth a visit.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#5 2013-05-25 13:13:33

Topstitcher

The Groucho always suited me best. Club talk for another time maybe...

#6 2013-05-26 12:42:40

Bishop of Briggs

I like the East India Club - great busy bar and the fish in the restaurant is excellent.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#7 2013-05-27 03:14:52

Topstitcher

The Garrick is good for picking up old men...  Sorry, 'Networking'. Some friendly souls there...

The Groucho & The Garrick make the ideal 'both sides of the coin' combination for a Media boy. 

The Quebec is actually a bar which operates on a very clubby level - It can also be a bit of a job centre like the two clubs above. Best 'job centre' club in my experience is Heaven - But then we stray into the other meaning of club.

#8 2013-05-27 09:19:55

Bishop of Briggs

^ These "establishments" sound utterly ghastly. My club is a very friendly place with excellent food and amusing company. To keep it that way, I will keep its name to myself.

#9 2013-05-27 12:47:18

Topstitcher

Such an i-Gent !

I'm always a guest wherever I go. It's nicer.

Best -

#10 2013-05-27 13:02:24

Bishop of Briggs

Not an iGent at all. We just don't want egotists, megalomaniacs, sociopaths or just sad losers.

#11 2013-05-28 02:36:18

Topstitcher

#12 2013-05-28 09:50:20

Bishop of Briggs

^ I was invited to join by a group of senior members. There is nothing to "fess up" as I did not mention you. Your self-obsession is so boring.

#13 2013-05-28 11:16:24

Topstitcher

Harrumph, Harrumph - I am the Bishop of Priggs !   wink

'Fess up that this is just a pose. Otherwise you look mental.

Best -

#14 2013-05-28 12:02:35

Topstitcher

Bottom line:

You can't have it both ways - You can't be intelligent & be outraged by the Internet in 2013 ....  So which are you ?

Best -

#15 2013-05-28 13:30:52

Bishop of Briggs

I am not outraged by the internet, just fed up with your endless stream of vacuous comments.

You have nothing intelligent, original or even interesting to contribute on here.

Go and troll somewhere else.

#16 2013-05-28 14:46:12

Topstitcher

Board footer