You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-05 08:55:22

Sammy Ambrose

Did Jimmy have anything to say beyond winking?

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#2 2013-06-05 09:43:04

Sammy Ambrose

Re: Did Jimmy have anything to say beyond winking?

I read on the other channel that Jim's gone into the clinic.

All the best, Jim.

x

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#3 2013-06-05 16:52:47

GIZhou007
Ivy Original.

He will be okay.

#4 2013-06-06 00:07:43

Sammy Ambrose

Inshallah

#5 2013-06-07 01:13:59

Topstitcher

Jolly nice in there it is too while I have my oil changed. I even sneaked out to the pub yesterday !   Thank you for the good wishes.

I have developed a form of synethesia now which makes life very entertaining - Too much Tramadol and then Morphine for too long left my poor old brain starved of stimulation and so it started replacing all the sensations it missed getting with pleasurable memories. So, for instance, as I type this I can't actually feel the keys as I tap them but if I think about Corduroy then I can feel that beneath my numb old fingers. A 'sense memory' I am informed. It's all great fun. I can see a sandy coloured carpet and feel like I'm on the beach.

In answer to the question posed by this thread my answer would be to ask if others have anything to say apart from talking Jimmy talk ?  I'm very happy either way.  wink

And now time for breakfast in the 'refectory'... I secretly suspect the joint is run by i-Gents...

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#6 2013-06-07 06:52:05

Liam

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#7 2013-06-07 06:55:55

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

When I had my appendix out last year, I can honestly say they kept me in very tranquil state full of medication that left me feeling I was in a film whilst being wheeled into the operating theatre. But then again, I did keep telling them I couldn't stand the pain any longer, which for a time was true.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#8 2013-06-07 07:00:52

Topstitcher

You get it fully.

I've had my tumour for quite a while now but only in 2010 did I get the good meds.  So that's been a bored brain for quite a while as I can't feel stuff. Now at last it's pulling it's weight by inventing stuff for me to experience to fill the void. 

My next blog piece on Garmsville is Syneasthete & so is the re-write of my first novel now sold, 'Good Golly Miss Molière'  - Dedicated to Jason Jules with his kind consent.

All of this is on Facebook.

Best -

Jim.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#9 2013-06-07 07:01:24

Liam

I've only been  under once, when I was having my broken nose reset.

Hated that initial feeling of the anaesthetic going up my arm. I'd never make it as a proper junkie. No decent painkillers afterwards either. Rubbish.

When my fiance had her appendix out she got the good stuff.  She was flying around the cosmos for about 2 days.

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#10 2013-06-07 08:34:42

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

I had an op on my shoulder last November, and had to go under for a few hours while they pummeled my subacromial with a Dremel like drill..

I wasn't the slightest bit fazed about the whole procedure, but for some reason the anaesthetist decided to give me some gas prior to him sticking the anaesthetic needle in my hand..

Whoa! Was I a nice shade of chilled?  Great stuff that gas, and I highly recommend it to anyone in a post op situation - even if you don't feel you need it..

In fact I recommend it full stop, if you can get your hands on any?

Post op I was given a Tramadol/Paracetamol mix, and even managed to blag some 5mg Valium as well, as I was returning to Spain and told the quack I was petrified of flying.

Tramadol/Paracetamol + Valium + half a dozen small beers = a very chilled and surreal experience... Go there if you can?

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#11 2013-06-07 10:32:03

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I have two in-flight entertainment tablets - one for long haul and the other for short trips. They both work, you shouldn't suffer flying, it needn't be a boring experience, mixed with moments of sheer terror in this day and age.

#12 2013-06-08 00:25:53

Lee

I've been under on a couple of occasions but the last time that I had an operation was to remove a tooth and to fit an implant.
For the op' I had to go to a private clinic and the routine used was to inject me with Pentathal i.e. the truth serum. which keeps you awake but only just.
I was asked by the clinic to bring someone with me and for someone to be in attendance for @ 3 days. as the serum has a side-effect which can be extremely dangerous if
you are left on your own. In other words the effect is suggestive. If someone came up to you and said jump under a bus.....
I had the treatment on a Friday afternoon and don't remember anything of the subsequent 2 days.....scary!
Lucky that I wasn't a member of FNB at the time, I could have written some sensible posts.

Last edited by Lee (2013-06-08 00:28:06)

Keep on keeping on

#13 2013-06-08 00:42:30

Topstitcher

'Suggestive' sums it up perfectly. Things 'talk' to you - You see the right shade of red and you can smell the dusty old upholstery of an old Route Master bus.

#14 2013-06-08 00:54:19

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

How does it work with music?

#15 2013-06-08 01:06:27

Lee

Keep on keeping on

#16 2013-06-08 02:37:25

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I once pretended to have it to impress a girlfriend.

#17 2013-06-08 02:42:50

Lee

^
Did it work?

Keep on keeping on

#18 2013-06-08 02:46:54

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Absolutely, not.

I was a frightfully intense young man, the type ladies don't fall for.

#19 2013-06-08 02:49:22

fxh
Big Down Under.

I'm not sure about UK and exactly what dope they use but the euphoric effect post GA are well documented. Well - some of us experience a euphoric effect for a few days post GA - others interpret it as anxiety or a problem. Also many anaesthetics are designed to have a memory - short term - erasing effect - often also pleasant . Chevere could speak more authoritatively I guess.

I have learn by expensive experience not to go on line buying in the few days post a GA. Not that the stuff I got was all crazy wrong.

#20 2013-06-08 02:51:17

Lee

Same here. They just didn't understand me!
If I met myself from those days, I don't think I'd understand me either.

Keep on keeping on

#21 2013-06-08 02:55:34

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I felt euphoric as I realised the pain I had been experiencing for a long time had been taken care of. I don't think it was the drugs. But the funny thing was, I was expecting to feel some post-operation pain, but I never felt any at all. Not even a twitch.

#22 2013-06-08 07:27:00

GIZhou007
Ivy Original.

Been under, or 90% under, around 30 times in eight years.  I also get ketamine infusions.  Jimmy will vouch that I am normal. smile

#23 2013-06-08 08:29:27

Topstitcher

#24 2013-06-08 08:30:49

Topstitcher

#25 2013-06-08 11:02:09

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Board footer