You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-13 06:02:24

Topstitcher

The Creeping i-Gentism On The Wardrobe...

On it creeps...

Full of 'standards' and 'values', bluster and self-importance. Maybe it's a new higher evolution of i-Gentism? These are i-Gents who look down on other i-Gents elsewhere.

????????????????????????????????

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#2 2013-06-13 06:16:19

Kingston1an

Re: The Creeping i-Gentism On The Wardrobe...

You want some?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#3 2013-06-13 06:18:13

Topstitcher

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#4 2013-06-13 06:23:58

Bishop of Briggs

You are the self-important one that is full of bluster.

You are just upset that no one on the Wardrobe gives a damn about what you think or what you do.

Take your own advice and just Talk Ivy but you can't - can you?

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#5 2013-06-13 06:31:50

Topstitcher

#6 2013-06-13 06:42:22

Topstitcher

From The Wardrobe -

Today 06:39:00
TopstitcherMemberPosts: 506PM
Re: WASP101 Gate

Bishop of Briggs wrote:

No Jimmy. All these little things are great concerns for you. Look at how much you write on them. Online is much more important for you than anyone on the Wardrobe.

My reply:

Oddly, I've just asked you about all this on NSFW - Which is maybe the best place for this to migrate to. I suspect that you are rather like Upstate in that you see these things as being signs of bigger issues that bug you. What's wrong with that ?

My interest is in why the little things get your fury online and you don't use all that energy against the real big issues that you feel so strongly about. You clearly care a lot, but do you feel politically impotent out in reality ?

Anyway, NSFW ?

Best -

#7 2013-06-13 12:14:19

TheExpandingMan

You, sir, are out of order!

To repair this stain on our honour, we will settle this like true gentlemen. I challenge you to a duel...pocketsquares at dawn.

My second will call on you tonight.  He will be wearing a thrifted tweed jacket with sleeves two inches too short, shell Allen Edmonds and a fedora.

#8 2013-06-13 12:59:06

Topstitcher

Another misconception.

A true Gentleman would have you poisoned in your sleep instead.

Hollywood has a lot to answer for.

#9 2013-06-14 00:22:57

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#10 2013-06-14 01:58:08

Topstitcher

Looking back now I can see you're right. So I guess what I'm saying is that it's creeping into my consciousness more....  It must have all started when the Wardrobe boys started posting rubbish on Talk Ivy... I think that's when I first became aware of it.

Thank you. That was helpful.

#11 2013-06-14 07:03:11

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Apologies, I was mistaken. I thought you were referring to AAAC and the London Lounge i.e. iGents in general, I wasn't referring to our Wardrobe.

Not at all. I don't really see any evidence of iGentism at all.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#12 2013-06-14 07:16:19

Bishop of Briggs

There is more iGent-ism on Talk Ivy - e.g. the Ivy League Style For Today thread. Only iGents post pictures of themselves on the internet and Topstitcher is among them. He 's the Mafoofan of Ivy, just substitute John Simons for Marianno Rubinacci. It's pure iGent fanboyism.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#13 2013-06-14 07:42:53

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#14 2013-06-14 07:54:50

Bishop of Briggs

^ Very true, Sammy!

No more passes for the iVy Gents from now on!

#15 2013-06-14 09:41:20

Topstitcher

#16 2013-06-14 09:42:36

Topstitcher

#17 2013-06-14 09:44:35

Topstitcher

#18 2013-06-14 09:54:47

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#19 2013-06-14 10:21:44

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#20 2013-06-14 10:33:27

Kingston1an

The musical version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_41KgOe-Uw

I wonder if he knew Kevin Rowland ?

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#21 2013-06-14 10:50:58

Bishop of Briggs

#22 2013-06-14 11:04:58

Sammy Ambrose

#23 2013-06-14 12:16:02

Topstitcher

#24 2013-06-14 12:23:24

adorable homunculus

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#25 2013-06-14 12:32:34

Topstitcher

So there's the truth from me. Well known to Mr. FNB. I was in a position where to protect my sub-forum I had to harm the grater forum. So I didn't. I just said 'enough'.

Both forums go on without me and although internal trolling is minimised it still goes on. The spam situation is better and external trolls are being treated with even more toughness than I ever did. All I'd do was play with them...

So I'm very happy.

FNB is in great shape. I like to think I helped in that.

I got interest in this place up to such a peak we had to upgrade.

I pass it on to guys who have nobody fixating on them personally just yet.

In the meantime I'm happy just Talking Ivy. All the rest is just the process of laying old ghosts to rest. But make no mistake that internal not external trolling sparked JimmyGate. I just then capitalised on that the best I could as I stood down.

Best -

Board footer