You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-19 05:06:59

Sammy Ambrose

Have a Go at Christian Chensvold (And others)

I would like to 'have  a go' at Christian Chensvold because his mate (that Finnish blogger) reposted fxh's original 'find'. The B*star*!

"Bloody hell - that Finn at keikari blog above, which I've acknowledged, in my using of his interview, has done a Christian Chensvold, and stole, plagerised, knicked, pinched, snaffled a post of mine on Monk Straps from here."

http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/viewtopic.php?id=14201

Bloody hell, indeed!

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#2 2013-07-19 23:55:31

Topstitcher

Re: Have a Go at Christian Chensvold (And others)

Sounds like he aspires to be a 'Professional Blogger'.  wink

That boy is so weak - Leaned on by Chens and 'forced to pick a side' (as he put it) as Chens was mad at him for featuring me on his blog. Chens has done this to others and others have stood firm. This little pussy caved.

What are these bloggers like, eh ?

Not surprised he's now in the post-napping game too.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#3 2013-07-20 07:15:19

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#4 2013-07-20 10:11:12

Topstitcher

Ever the poet, Sammy !

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... And a jolly good kick up the harris.

#5 2013-07-20 16:33:08

Jeff Reed

I really do not know all the Chensvold history. It seems an important part of the history of the world at this point. Anything I could read to get up to speed?

#6 2013-07-21 02:16:02

Topstitcher

In a nut shell (or nut case)....

A loose collective of people all calling themselves Russell Street duped Chens into blogging on Ivy. His understanding was that RS was one person who would blog for him & he would edit it all. The blog was launched and then this Russell person just went Ha Ha like that kid off The Simpsons and Chens was left with the baby. Then much fun was made of him by this Russell person and he got even crosser. Then Chens tried to retaliate a few times and it always backfired resulting in a complaint to the FBI about him and his pet troll (Goodfella!) for being suspected child molesters after they threatened to menace Russell's 8 year old daughter.

It's just an everyday story of Internet folk. Simple people who are furious about.... Something.

Chens was a 'Dandy' blogger who turned 'Ivy' (badly) overnight to try to prove a point to this non-existent Russell person. And he's been stuck in a loop ever since.

Meanwhile this non-existent Russell person is finding the whole thing very funny,  in between rubbing his genitals on old swatches of Tweed and inventing 'Trad' sandwiches...

Slice it how you like, baloney is baloney.

wink

Breast Wishes -

Russell Jim.

#7 2013-07-21 04:52:36

Jeff Reed

Haha...the Mousetrap! Chensvold threatened a kid? What a disgrace. And to think he is keeping up the Ivy pretense only because he was snookered into it...ahahahahahaha...that is beautiful.

I've checked his site out now and then. It is clear he doesn't know much about Ivy. He comes off as a shill. Did anyone see the piece on the tennis clothing? Those shoes? Ahahahahahaha...yeah, wear those Chens. Instant cred.

#8 2013-07-21 05:01:18

Sammy Ambrose

#9 2013-07-21 05:57:50

Dudley Clarke

Now that the world has got Crompie, what need have we for a mere Chenners? After all, Crompie is Chenners to the power of five million. It's like comparing Black Holes in time and space with Wookey Hole and no one ever seems to give Chenners anything free except a lot of cloven cheek.

I came up to see her sometimes.

#10 2013-07-22 02:30:24

Topstitcher

'Arrogant beyond his abilities' was one verdict on Chens from NYC.  The FIT museum guys said worse.

That he is ambitious there is no doubt... And rightly so for a man the wrong side of 40 who's done nothing but indulge adolescent whims and grudges thus far.

However, if he wishes to achieve something/anything then he must do some proper work. He's a hard worker but he puts all his efforts into rubbish. He needs to knuckle down and stop messing about.

Trying to out-do somebody who doesn't exist ?     How very sad...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha !   wink

#11 2013-07-22 05:21:39

Jeff Reed

He does seem to grind axes, but there is a distinct lack of firewood stacked. He's a good writer. He just lacks a subject he can properly write about.

#12 2013-07-23 02:27:11

Topstitcher

His 'Ivy' blog has just slumped even further into advertorial content now - Not necessarily a bad thing but the brands he shills are mainly crap.

Then again, in fairness, there aren't all that many proper Ivy products out there, hence his descent into 'preppy' tat. He could always go the vintage Ivy route but there's no advertising revenue in that.

He really ought to re-name the blog from the name I insisted on - Better that he did 'preppy' well than Ivy badly. 'Ivy' as a buzz word has also probably come and gone by now.

Suggestions for his new blog name ?

Prep-a-doodle-doo !

Bracelets and Bows !

The Great Crapsby !

Poverty is Chensvold's enemy. He has to sell Ads and so that's what the blog is all about. He could be a writer, but he's become this lowly Internet businessman instead, hustling click-throughs.

I've always said that he should do what real writers do when they start - Work.

My wife's first novel 'Someone Else's Skin' is published in Feb '14 by Hodder Headline with the second, 'Long Gone', to follow. Penguin are publishing her in America and various other houses are also around the world...

My first novel 'The Comfort of Strangeness' (A synaesthetic roman a clef) is now being held back until I complete 'In Pieces' which is to be published first to lay the groundwork for TCOS. 'In Pieces' is based on the structure of Hemmingway's 'A Moveable Feast' and is ten of my London stories:

Bruise.
Bite.
Burn.
Lick.
Suck.

... Then I need four more ending with 'Kiss'.

And I am banned from Facebook by my editor purely because of this habit of mine to give the game away & ruin their publicity when the time comes.

- AND I still don't have a new nom de plume....

I'm on publisher number two, by the way, now. Publisher number one diagnosed me as 'Impossible' and pulled the plug, so my business manager / Agent, Uncle Chris Lloyd, just waltzed the book around the corner to another house. Kindly publisher number one have written off the money I got from them in 'sundries'.
Publisher number two sent a lovely lady down to see me to see if I was 'for real' (I ask you, what are the chances of me being that?) and I had a very jolly day with her and Chris - My wardrobes were opened and restaurants and bars visited along with vintage shops and even a sex shop. She rather liked the performance. And one is a showman after all....

In the same way that I used to carry a tape measure and a magnifying glass to do my clothes schtick (Mr. Woofboxer will confirm this), I took a Pantone chart with me to the sex shop to discuss the various shades of Purple (on the men) and Pink (on the ladies) displayed. It was quite a turn I put on. A real crowd pleaser. "I am confident you are unique" was the dear lady's verdict at the end of the day. I was knackered !

Hey Ho.

Last edited by Topstitcher (2013-07-24 01:33:36)

#13 2013-07-23 03:13:48

Sammy Ambrose

#14 2013-07-23 04:57:17

Topstitcher

For you, a free copy.

The Great Harry Stedman Swindle got me £2,640.50, this one has got me £1,300 so far.

One of Malcolm's rules:  "Do not play, do not give the game away."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eizQ9l9Qu0A

Last edited by Topstitcher (2013-07-24 01:41:36)

#15 2013-07-23 05:19:45

Topstitcher

#16 2013-07-23 05:27:42

Topstitcher

#17 2013-07-23 05:54:26

Topstitcher

Last edited by Topstitcher (2013-07-23 15:00:03)

#18 2013-07-23 15:02:09

Topstitcher

/\  Just realised I'd left the wrong link up there.

My apologies to the forum, and to Malcolm even more.

#19 2013-07-23 15:05:14

Topstitcher

... My best Swindles are all with Chris Lloyd - The Paul Smith gig stands out.

#20 2013-07-23 21:49:20

Jeff Reed

It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for Jimmy.

Last edited by Jeff Reed (2013-07-23 21:50:12)

#21 2013-07-24 01:25:16

Topstitcher

Lloydy loves swanning around telling people I was consultant to Paul Smith....  A very grand name for what was really just a drinking session with one of his designers...

I got a lot of aftershave out of that one. And a couple of bob.

#22 2013-07-24 02:55:08

Sammy Ambrose

Board footer