You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-15 18:59:12

Jeff Reed

Coffee

Do you love it or hate it? What types do you like? How do you take it?

I like light roasts. Unadulterated black. Also Americanos and iced...also always black. Dark roasts/Turkish make me a little ill sometimes.

On a typical day I'll drink a black coffee on the commute. Two decafs in the morning at work, and one after lunch. Then one after dinner as well.

#2 2013-08-15 20:26:47

Worried Man

Re: Coffee

I really like dark to light.  Depends on what I'm craving.  I like run of the mill coffee, like Maxwell House or Choc Full O' Nuts or 8 O'Clock, but I think Maxwell House is my favorite.  I like diner coffee out of one of those thick white diner mugs.  Real Kona coffee is delicious.  I've been drinking some Pilon espresso lately that I make in a little stove top espresso maker.  I use a Chemex maker for most of my regular daily swill coffee.  I think it makes very good coffee.  Before that I was using a percolator.  I may switch back to the perky this weekend just for the heck.  I like the sound it makes and the way it smells as it belches the steamy coffee aroma around the Giant vibrator.  I'm partial to cream and sugar but I won't turn away a cup of straight black.  I'm not big on iced coffee.  It can be 98 degrees in our sweltering warehouse and I'm drinking piping hot coffee.  Everyone thinks I'm crazy.  I do 2 - 3 cups in the morning and then usually get the hankering again after lunch, around 2:00.  I like it in the evening around 7 too.  Night coffee doesn't really keep me up.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#3 2013-08-16 05:04:53

Kingston1an

I am a tea drinker.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#4 2013-08-16 05:30:49

Liam

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#5 2013-08-16 05:38:46

Liam

My old man's the same WM. He drinks coffee all day and sleeps fine. He also drinks coffee whatever the heat or whatever he's doing. It's impressive.

I like an espresso. Hob top espresso makers are just great. It's not easy to make a really good cup but when you do it's better than almost anything.

In terms of ordinary get up and go juice I'm not fussy. Milk and 2 sugars-nato standard.

I like iced coffee but I'm a bigger fan of red bull. I drank an obscene amount in my last year of college (it was less harmful than caffeine pills or speed) and I still lapse into a short Red Bull addiction from time to time. I'm locked into one now actually.

#6 2013-08-16 05:42:15

Kingston1an

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#7 2013-08-16 06:50:37

Dudley Clarke

Go chaw on spag bol. and down a jug of coffee if it will shut you the f*ck up.

I came up to see her sometimes.

#8 2013-08-16 07:03:58

Liam

Oooo someones cranky this morning/afternoon/evening or whatever.

Is your gurdle pinching you?

#9 2013-08-16 08:01:24

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Yeah, come on Dudley loosen up baby. We're in the western world and theres really nothing to stress about man. I know Kingy is a complete prick but just blank the tool. Works for me.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#10 2013-08-16 08:18:54

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#11 2013-08-16 08:27:11

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#12 2013-08-16 08:52:25

Dudley Clarke

I came up to see her sometimes.

#13 2013-08-16 09:25:57

Liam

You would know.  You wear one.

Haha.  You wear a gurdle.

#14 2013-08-16 10:52:42

Worried Man

I had Dunkin' Donuts coffee this morning.  I ordered cream and sugar and it was too damn sweet.  Those places can be real inconsistent unless you find one run by Indians.  If you go in and there's some young white girl behind the counter or some black dude with dreadlocks or something, you know your coffee's gonna suck.  The Indian Dunkin' Donuts are tight ships.  One day, the Indian Dunkin' I like to go to had a black guy behind the counter.  Well, I didn't want to be racist and not get a coffee, but I was dubious.  I ordered, and got the coffee and it was way too sweet.  It's not cool aid man!  It's coffee.  The next time I went in, the black guy was gone and the Indian guys fixed me up with a delicious cup.  I mean, damn, just stick with the formula of 2 scoops of sugar for each cup, or whatever it is.  SIMPLE

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#15 2013-08-16 10:53:29

doghouse

If you just stick to black you avoid these sorts of problems.

#16 2013-08-16 10:55:08

Worried Man

Yeah yeah.

#17 2013-08-16 11:17:26

Jeff Reed

Plus then you won't be so fat, WM.

#18 2013-08-16 12:26:08

TheExpandingMan

I like my coffee real strong with cream and sugar.

I know it's heresy to coffee snobs, but I especially like coffee made in a percolator.  A little grounds in the last drink out of the cup is the best.

#19 2013-08-16 12:59:51

Worried Man

#20 2013-08-16 13:09:03

TheExpandingMan

I always associate percolator coffee with going camping.  Waking up, cold and either hungover or still drunk.  Staggering to the faucet for water and then the interminable wait for the first drops of water to start blurbling up through the glass knob on the coffee pot.  The weak among us will go for the half-strength pour about five minutes into the brewing, but patience will be rewarded with a cup that's strong as sheer truth and black as Toby's ass.

In the evening, I'll reheat what's left in the pot and drink it while sitting by the fire with a little Powers poured in along with the cream and sugar.

#21 2013-08-16 13:18:03

Worried Man

Man, you're really talking.  I hate that most modern percolators have the plastic see-through knob up top.  Then most old percolators with the clear glass knob are just all rurnt inside.  The one I'm using right now is a Hamilton Beach.  It's got a black plastic knob.... what the hell am I going on about.  My trivial hangups are showing.  I just like the thick clear glass knob.

Last edited by Worried Man (2013-08-16 13:18:42)

#22 2013-08-16 13:41:54

Bop

Its not having coffee that bothers me... its not having the coffee that bothers me.

#23 2013-08-16 13:54:20

Worried Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

#24 2013-08-16 13:58:38

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

I had a meeting in a coffee house this morning and the girl behind the counter persuaded me to try a Berry Berry coffee.
It tasted just like a blueberry muffin which went quite well with my ahem blueberry muffin.
I usually just have an Americano and don’t try all the poncey ones may change my ways in future.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#25 2013-08-16 14:01:08

Worried Man

Mrs. WM is into the flavored coffees - berry this, chocolate that.  One time back when we were using the same drip machine, she used it to make some of that berry coffee.  I swear, that scent permeated my coffee for months after, and that was after cleaning the machine with vinegar a few times.  Then she bought me a coffee mug that reads "Coffee Makes Me Poop", and she was forgiven.

Last edited by Worried Man (2013-08-16 14:01:55)

Board footer