You are not logged in.

#51 2014-03-13 16:18:22

CaptainMaddox

Re: LEVIS!

#52 2014-03-13 16:22:40

stanshall

the Wranglers are some really great $20 jeans and like all jeans do they slip down to my hipbones even with a belt ... they're comfortable, bit baggy, bit puddly, coin pocket is huge but hard to access but still useful .... I've gotten my money's worth out of them for sure ... washed and dried them only once since October but have worn them very heavily ...

what really makes jeans Dad-like is that wimpy light-blue prefadedness ... and maybe some kind of stretch expando waist deal .....

the Wranglers might make you look like you've been out clothes shopping with Llewelyn Moss but I don't think they age you as much as make you look somewhat anti-fashion ....   

Glad I have them to take some of the weight off of my old Levi's 501s stfus and vintage cord 519s.

Still a Levi's guy but glad to Wrangle.  Also dig the Levi's trucker jackets over the Lee Storm Rider but I have and like and wear both.

Also I really like my gray Levi's Sta-Prest twill chinos from 2000.

Going to get into a ZZ Top mode and go Wrangle down at the taco stand now ... importante comer algo sabroso ahorita

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#53 2014-03-13 17:18:31

Thee Captain

I'd just like to say Gents that I’m finding this thread hugely entertaining and having a right old chuckle as I'm strictly impartial here you know.... but feel your grief/joy…

I had some 1947s around 7/8 years ago but can't say I've any time for ‘em...came up too slim post wash and that leg seam twist too severe.... but THEY ARE hugely popular among folk I've spoken too over the years so I see and appreciate their appeal...
I may return one day and size up etc. but am too concerned slowly sweeping up on anything pre 33 really for now as that's my bag these days..

It would seem that the 505s have gone to shite too which is a shame as my old USA made ones sized up remain tremendous offerings... loose and up to my naval...

Now as for them Wranglers, I salute all of you who've gone down that route... they really do look the gayest pair of jeans on the planet...are you all out to steal my ponce thunder or what?!?!? They look as tight as hell around the jacksy - is that how they're supposed to be? I didn't really read the thread on them as they're not my cuppa cha... but they do what they say on the tin I guess...they look like cowboy strides alright...

I still intend getting some 30s Japanese Lee’s too, their 131 Cowboy Dry ironically which I did try down Son of  a Stag a year or two back..

Anyhoo - all that's important here is you all find summat you're happy with... high , mid or dangling round yer knees….
I’ve been Denim crazy since the 90s and I remain fascinated by seeking stuff out..it's a DARN SERIOUS BUSINESS DENIM?!?!?

SS2.0 - Do you ever look at what Dave's has to offer on the Carhartt/Dickies/any old weird Levi range they might have?
There must be some bog standard decent rise Carhartt's over there with a straight leg?
Meanwhile, my old faves, the B07s are proving hard to pick up too – their website has been down for some time so can’t check meself! I’d buy a bucketload of them if I popped over the pond to see me into my twilight years ha ha…

So happy hunting fellas…and fight the good fight..

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#54 2014-03-13 17:29:25

Senorservo2.0

Dear Captain -

I did see some interesting offerings - will have to go back this weekend a try some on. They have Lee's for $28 that look good but will also look to see what Carhartt's style they have for you.

Last edited by Senorservo2.0 (2014-03-13 17:29:58)

#55 2014-03-13 18:07:06

Thee Captain

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..

#56 2014-03-13 18:07:06

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#57 2014-03-13 18:10:30

Thee Captain

He he... fair enough Stan...

I want all you Wranglers out there to be in there them traps giving booty shots and we'll have a TALK IVY BEST IN ARSE competition!!!

If I can mince about in sussies, you can in yer budgie smugglers!!!

#58 2014-03-13 18:10:36

Worried Man

HAHAHA!!  "Overstand me now?"  HAHAHA

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#59 2014-03-13 18:11:32

Worried Man

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#60 2014-03-13 18:23:26

Worried Man

I'm biased because they're so damn cheap, but sometimes I just feel like the Wranglers are in essence the unchanged jean from the 1940s or whenever that all these expensive repro jeans are claiming to be.  Like when some dude "restores" a 1940 Chevy but installs power seats, power windows, AC, cd player, etc.  The Wranglers aren't the perfect jean, but they're good enough to tide me over until something obvious falls in my lap.  I'm just not a big jeans guy anyway. 

I'll go dodge rotten tomatoes now.

#61 2014-03-13 18:25:31

Sidewinder

#62 2014-03-13 18:38:54

Worried Man

#63 2014-03-13 18:40:39

Thee Captain

#64 2014-03-13 18:42:13

Worried Man

^
I can fully understand that.  Everyone's got their thing.

#65 2014-03-13 19:25:54

Senorservo2.0

My only beef with wranglers is that they don't have the anti-fit the Levi's have (the inverted triangle on the seat) levi's gives me a better fit. The wranglers contour way too much. Price be dammed, all the repos can be found on the sales and I'll gladly pay $80 for made in America jeans. I think we underestimate how cheap things were back in the day. Clothes used to be a lot more expensive and quality and durability were big selling points. Levi's were always a premium brand. Granted a full price LVC is over-priced but for denim enthusiasts like Le Captain and me catching the right jean on sale can be worth the effort.

Captain: Looking foward to checking out the Carthartt's -   I also saw some LVC's at the Beefpacking District - hey had belt in the back and only one rear pocket, they looked like something you like or already have. I think they were 189xxx something (can't remember the year but will look it up again for you if you are interested.

With that said, my 67's need washing, so this Saturday I shall join the Ponce Brigade and wear the Wrangler's - so watch out ladies in the West Village, I'm going to be hicking up those pants... Ride'em high!

Last edited by Senorservo2.0 (2014-03-13 19:28:41)

#66 2014-03-14 03:40:06

Thee Captain

#67 2014-03-14 03:57:12

Thee Captain

#68 2014-03-14 06:24:03

doghouse

I feel bad about all the Carhartt jeans I have given to Goodwill over the years right about now. I should have just waited and given them to you guys.

Of course they were completely worn out as they were used for actual work, but still.

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#69 2014-03-14 06:30:13

Worried Man

Man, I don't do Carhartt.  Get outta here.  haha

#70 2014-03-14 06:34:23

doghouse

I don't do them for looks either. Our beloved Captain seems to like them though. I just used them to dig ditches in.

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#71 2014-03-14 06:37:25

Worried Man

#72 2014-03-14 06:37:39

Thee Captain

Ha ha...I often roll around in ditches fellas... that's my argument for em!!!

#73 2014-03-14 06:39:35

Thee Captain

#74 2014-03-14 06:42:14

doghouse

#75 2014-03-14 08:27:37

Worried Man

^
Haha.  You're right.  I guess if I ever need a job, I'll just open a Army Navy surplus.  Can't go wrong there.

Board footer