You are not logged in.

#301 2015-11-26 17:30:16

aucociscokid2

Re: Groundhog Madras

I got banned from AA because I finally told one poster who was screwing with me - much as you guys are - and in no uncertain terms to piss off. Many members there subsequently posted that I exhibited remarkable patience and admired what I was attempting to do, and congratulated me when I did it. Like human beings!

I made this post on AA the other day: "Who is FNB?" The post was deleted by Andy because of some nastiness on your part toward AA in the past. Other menswear bloggers to whom I posed the question via email also remarked that FNB is well known for its member's nastiness.

You're just nasty guys. That's your rep. Deal with it.

Ask Mercer where he gets his shirts made. See how far you get with him.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-11-26 18:01:12)

#302 2015-11-26 17:43:29

Tommy

#303 2015-11-26 17:57:01

aucociscokid2

MY ABSOLUTE PLEASURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To paraphrase Francis Albert Sinatra: I need FNB like I need a tumor!

Charlie Davidson would have collectively thrown all you out of his store and not let you back 6 pp. ago. Believe me!

You guys are also capo dosts. I say the same thing over, and, Over, and OVER again. Everybody else gets it, but you capo dosts.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-11-26 20:17:27)

#304 2015-11-26 20:39:15

rmpmcdermott

Alright. I've tried to be neutral, but I won't stand by when you attack FNB and the people on this board who have been nothing but kind to me in my time here.

You're an asshole and you have no idea how to do business with people. I've read every one of your posts in this 12 page thread and I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Everything has been changed multiple times and the only thing you've said over and over is that your company's name is Loominous and you explained how the authentic bleeding madras is loomed. Great.

Charlie Davidson has a reputation that he's cultivated for 60 years so he can do whatever the hell he wants. You, sir, are no Charlie Davidson. You don't have the credentials that he has and you don't have institutional memory that he has. And comparing yourself to him makes you look like a complete ass. Just about every post I made I said I hoped you business would succeed. Honestly, I could give a shit now. Go run back to AAAC and cry about it. Oh wait, you can't. They banned you.

To be, or not to be; that is the bare bodkin. - Mark Twain

#305 2015-11-26 20:46:46

Worried Man

I want my shirt!!!!

*shakes fist*

Is that leftover turkey and squash dressing I smell??

Sorry, gotta split. (at the seams that is)

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#306 2015-11-26 20:49:26

aucociscokid2

I'm selling "bleeding" madras; something which hasn't been available in 45+ years. I single-handedly resurrected the business, where others have failed. What have you guys done in the clothing business?

If you read AA, many posters there admired my patience for taking so long to go ballistic over conduct strikingly similar to what FNB exhibited. Admired me for my stick-to-it- tiveness, congratulated me, and are customers.

NOBODY puts up with your behaviors. I'm not going to.

What can I tell you: You can please some of the people some of the time. I don't think ANYBODY can please YOU guys all.

Hey! I ain't gonna sweat it. You guys are just beyond hope.

If you read all my posts, how can you possibly think that I ever compared myself to Charlie Davidson because I never said it. Show me where???

That's the problem: Your eyes (and lips) move, but you don't comprehend.

You're trolls. You exhibit all the qualities of same. Trolls are sadists. Sadists are sick.

Polite people and those with even a minimal English vocabulary don't use impolite words in public discourse.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-11-26 21:01:43)

#307 2015-11-26 21:08:11

rmpmcdermott

#308 2015-11-26 21:11:58

aucociscokid2

Talk about delusional: Are you comparing yourself to John Guare? You quote him.

#309 2015-11-26 21:19:38

rmpmcdermott

Yes, I am.

Last edited by rmpmcdermott (2015-11-26 21:19:54)

#310 2015-11-26 21:22:40

aucociscokid2

On the basis of what?

#311 2015-11-26 21:31:28

rmpmcdermott

We share a profession. The difference is that when I compare myself to someone like Guare, I do it as a way to better myself as a writer. I know I'm not as good as Guare. Not even close. But it's something for which to strive. What I don't do is use his quotes as a shield when people are criticizing me.

#312 2015-11-26 21:41:08

aucociscokid2

Well...Like what have you written? When I post something here, members want to look up my anus. I want to do the same.

#313 2015-11-26 21:54:50

rmpmcdermott

I've spent 12 years making my living as a writer in several different media. I've had some minor successes, but I have a long way to go.

The difference is, I'm not trying to sell you a book or a newspaper or a ticket to a play, so I don't need to flash you my credentials. When a new play comes out and I don't know the writer I'll do a lot of research to see what he's done, where he studied, who's produced his plays. And I'll make a decision as to whether I want to drop $100 on a ticket.

You're trying to sell something to people on this message board and it's within their rights as a consumer to use due diligence to make sure it's something the want to spend their hard earned money on.

#314 2015-11-26 22:07:28

rmpmcdermott

Look, we're both banging our heads against the wall here. I got angry because you attacked my friends. I really don't wish you to fail. But I don't particularly like the way you do business or comport yourself. I don't wear madras so you haven't lost a customer. And, frankly, you shouldn't care what I have to say about how you sell your products. Let's call it a night. You've inspired me to reread Six Degrees of Separation.

#315 2015-11-26 22:09:43

aucociscokid2

Hey! Your friends fired the first shot.

Do you ask the playwright where the money's coming from? Posters ask me who makes Mercer's shirts. Due dilgence. Yeah. If you're backing the play. Not if you're buying a ticket.

I'm saying this for the last time (only because you seem to be a nice guy). It's easy to understand. Tell me if it isn't.

1. I dye/weave "bleeding" madras in India. "Bleeding" madras has not been produced in 45+ years. When it was it was "the king of style." Many fashionistas are predicting madras will be very big for men and women for spring-summer, 2016.

2. Manufacturers/retailers can buy the cloth as piece goods, as many have.

3. I am making shirts myself. I am offering an alpha-sized New England Shirt Co. shirt in a trim body modeled on a Gant Hugger of the 1950s. I am also making a hand-cut MTM shirt in two models. One is the modeled on the Gant Hugger, the other on the more billowy one. The former is currently being offered on a pre-order basis on Styleforum. The later will be on/about the 1st. Complete measurements, etc. are/will be posted on STYLEFORUM.

4. Most retailers are offering theirs at $175-$195. On Styleforum both are $125.

Is that easy to understand? Is that clear?

Geez!

Now, wait! Someone's going to accuse me of undercutting my retailers. Wait and see. Why is this the business of anybody on FNB, esp. when the retailers are cool with it. That's why there are SOOOOO many pages.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-11-26 22:23:14)

#316 2015-11-26 22:21:25

rmpmcdermott

Those four points are clear, yes. I think the confusion came as your third bullet point changed over the course of these 12 pages. And, also, that people want to see a blueprint (I don't know the actual clothing term) for the shirts because people on here are very picky about what they like and don't like. Like, I said, though, I have no interest in anyone's madras shirts. I don't think I look very good in them.

I hope you have a pleasant rest of your night and be well.

#317 2015-11-26 22:35:28

stanshall

Last edited by stanshall (2015-11-26 22:39:25)

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#318 2015-11-26 22:36:18

aucociscokid2

So: Like I can't add another model, because posters here had a problem with the alpha-sizing? I listened to my potential customers and am trying to give them what they want. Why's that such a lousy way to conduct business? Posters said something abut the alpha-sizing, and I found the best group of seamstress in the world making MTM today in two weeks. Less. How many other businesses are that responsive to their customers (potential or otherwise)? Members here know a lot about clothes, esp. Ivy style ones. I respect that. I listen to it and take it into account.

Where I am it's still Thanksgiving. So: Happy Thanksgiving to all! You have a pleasant night, too, and above-all be well!

#319 2015-11-26 22:37:59

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#320 2015-11-26 22:40:30

rmpmcdermott

#321 2015-11-26 22:48:33

aucociscokid2

Gant had a billowy cut and we're offering it. If Brooks is your preference, you can buy Loominous "bleeding" madras shirts from Mercer. Corporate divisions? What stinking corporate divisions? Its me and my guy in India. We're bootstrapping this. I'm using my own money, which is stretched right now. End of the year. Tax time. Self-financing  another business. No one is going to invest in this anyway.. It's impossible to find investors in clothing/retail. (One of the reasons in the old days LCN was so active as "financiers" and many manufacturers turned to that "resource.") Besides in the US it would cost $60,000 (minimum) in order to be able to solicit investors, if they could be found.

Geez! stanshall! You said something nice - to which I was responding - then deleted it.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-11-26 22:53:08)

#322 2015-11-26 23:39:08

Bop

Do you have any time frame on getting the picture of the shirt...as well a swatch of the pattern you'll be using at all yet?

Thanks

#323 2015-11-27 00:20:27

aucociscokid2

The 1st + 1 or 2.

#324 2015-11-27 00:24:40

Bop

I honestly think that's all you need to show then people can decide for themselves

#325 2015-11-27 01:17:59

Yuca

I'd not actually heard of this John Guare however I've just bought a copy of the 6 Degrees DVD (for a penny). If it were a novel I would have bought the book but as he's a playwright I'm happy to try the movie.

some sort of banal legitimacy

Board footer