You are not logged in.

#51 2015-10-14 15:17:04

aucociscokid2

Re: Groundhog Madras

Fair enough, my apologies, and thanks for posting the link, Bop.

OK, then how does Acton_Baby know cards have been doubled-charged?

Where is he in all this?

How about it, Acton_Baby?

Why don't you substantiate your "accusation," or withdraw it.

Does that sound reasonable?

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-14 15:25:15)

#52 2015-10-14 15:25:51

Chief Brody

#53 2015-10-14 15:30:40

Bop

Last edited by Bop (2015-10-14 15:38:11)

#54 2015-10-14 15:31:30

Acton_Baby

^Email from Etsy re. your shop and my attempted transaction yesterday.
My account was charged THREE TIMES for a single 3 yard transaction and then your shop disappeared along with my attempted order.

Don't come on this forum to flog your wares and expect to get an easy time.
If you come across as a chancer you'll get treated like a chancer.

Other members don't make up a load of bullshit about their retail ventures, you should follow their example.

Last edited by Acton_Baby (2015-10-15 01:49:00)

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#55 2015-10-14 15:48:39

aucociscokid2

(A): Etsy - and not Loominous - handles all the transactions. If your card was charged twice, the issue - with respect - is with Etsy - and not Loominous. Again: Loominous has absolutely nothing to do with the manner in which C/Cs are charged.

(B): The Loominous Shop is still very much open doing business.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LoominousMadras

If you wish to place an order, please contact me directly. I'm more than happy to walk you through the process, resolve any issues, and turn you into a satisfied customer. You can even ring me up. My mobile # is given the shop which I - and others - confirmed can be accessed.

If you tell me what is you want in terms of fabric, please tell me what we need to do to satisfy you. We'll make our best efforts to do so.

With respect: Other members don't seem to share your opinion of my integrity.

I also don't use gutter language in business transactions.

I also appreciate Bops efforts to mediate this. Frankly, I've heard nothing from Etsy on this, so I don't know anything about which Acton_Baby is talking about. The shop is clearly still open. Nor was I cced on any of the emails he sent Etsy. I'm completely in the dark.

The fabric, alas, is not heavy enough for jackets in the opinion of experts. We're working with Upmarket Stitchers in New Bedford, Massachusetts to produce them for Spring-Summer 2016.

In addition to shirts, we're discussing with Styleforum better way to make both shirting and jacketing fabric available for those who prefer bespoke.

Also: The quantities of fabric available on Etsy are limited. There's only about 60 yards remaining. Once that's depleted, that's it for the piece goods, unless/until something in conjunction with Styleforum with regard to piece goods can be implemented.

Please understand: 100 yards of a single pattern need to be dyed/woven and can not do so until they are pre-ordered.

In the case of retailers, each wants to design their own patterns. Therefore, holding inventory is not practical.

Of course, if any have solutions to overcoming these limitations: I'm all ears.

To the extent I can be illuminated, I am willing to work to a resolution.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-14 17:15:47)

#56 2015-10-14 17:13:40

aucociscokid2

#57 2015-10-14 17:37:00

aucociscokid2

#58 2015-10-14 19:01:19

Sidewinder

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think the approach here is a bit off. You've used three forums at least so far to hawk your wares. I think its fine to give heads up to new products etc
but really you should set up a website and then do all the shill through that.
This is a forum for discussion about clothes. I wasn't aware it was also for free advertising?

Last edited by Sidewinder (2015-10-14 19:05:16)

#59 2015-10-14 21:12:17

aucociscokid2

Not such a bad idea, Sidewinder. One which I may do myself. If the moderators wish to it, too, I'm not opposed. The "hawking" by the way was initiated  - not by me - but, in response to the comments and questions of others posters. On AAAC I was banned, although its supposed to be OK for merchants to respond to other posts. I posted the Etsy links because Chatsworth Osbourne Jr. posted, "Its happening." Many AAAC posters (most) there disagreed with Andy Gilchrist's decision and thought I was treated unfairly. If you'll noticee, my very first post on this thread was solely informational in nature and was ridiculed for making it. Whatever. Its too much. Don't you think?

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-14 21:23:28)

#60 2015-10-14 23:17:57

Bop

I think you need to tighten up your game and stop coming over as such a wide boy ...you could even create a kickstater page to get the minimum orders you need in order to produce your fabrics, and then simply link to that. As for the issues with charging surrounding your shop dont you think its maybe best you contact Etsy and give your customer a better response?

Leith seem to have produced and sold bleeding madras products without all this bother...I wouldn't look to blame forum owners or posters for any short comings you feel you've recieved.

Also the fact you say this fabric hasnt been made for the last 'x' many years...well it has Leith commissioned it prior to you.

It just all seems a bit unprofessional, and whether your product is good or not..at the moment Id rather not do any business with you out of principle.

As a forum we often welcome enterprise and commercial ideas..but we also protective over people looking to exploit it without much engagement or input otherwise.

Last edited by Bop (2015-10-14 23:36:32)

#61 2015-10-14 23:56:28

aucociscokid2

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-15 00:16:09)

#62 2015-10-15 00:18:04

Bop

Apologies for not appreciating the difference. Unfortunately I don't follow Style Forum etc..so wasn't aware as to what point you had got to there. From this thread, and what happend with Acton's purchases it didnt seem very kosher.

#63 2015-10-15 00:26:30

aucociscokid2

Thanks, Bop. No apology required. Where I am its 11:25 PM. Time for me to get some ZZZs. Maybe, in the figurative sense, we all ought to, too. Buena noche.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-15 00:27:07)

#64 2015-10-15 00:47:57

Bop

In parting though I would like to say it's up to Acton how he wishes to engage in the issue, if he wishes to post it here it's up to him. If you are genuinely interested in transparency then why is it an issue? This is why the forum is a good thing for a lot of us we can discuss these things and inform eachother.

Good luck with the venture any how

#65 2015-10-15 00:53:04

aucociscokid2

Thanks for your good wishes, Bop. We welcome here comments by Acton_Boy or any other poster and its not an issue. Just be respectful. That's all.

#66 2015-10-15 01:55:53

Sid Ford

#67 2015-10-15 02:10:48

Acton_Baby

^ well said Sid.

The obtuse 'we'/third person bullshit in your posts aucociscokid2 (are you a member of a Royal family ?) , is like watching a lesson in 'how not to market your company on the internet'.

Is Richard Press part of your company ?
Because your posts imply that he is somehow connected to your venture.

Do Leith know you are disrespecting their product on the forum ?
Classy retailers don't have a pop at their rivals on forums (it's up to the members of the forum to do that wink )

Your posts should be treated the same way forum 'sales spam' for windows, Big knockers and penis enlargement are treated and be deleted.

Hugh Hefner

#68 2015-10-15 02:20:03

Acton_Baby

Additional info.....
Details of my Etsy transaction via the Etsy app.

I attempted to buy 3 yards of material ( a shirts worth), my order is processed as three 1 yard lengths and charged as three separate items.
When trying to review/check my purchase your store disappears from the app and produces a 404 error when I try to follow it up via a web browser.
I contact Etsy and get an instant refund from Etsy and email saying they are investigating issues your storefront.

Maybe you should check you've set your store up correctly in the place first, before you start posting to this or any forum.

Hugh Hefner

#69 2015-10-15 02:59:52

aucociscokid2

Other orders have processed successfully and without problems. As far as I'm aware the store is set up correctly. I've also gone on it several times today and made trial purchases (i.e., without paying) and everything works correctly. If you ordered three, one-yard lengths and you were charged for each one separately, that was correct. It processed exactly as it should have. If you wanted one, three-yard length, you should have used the drop-down menu and clicked on the number 3. However, we have no funds from UK buyers. So, the order didn't process. Besides, you said you got an instant refund, so what's the issue (which may be the reason we never received them)?  It sounds like to me that "investigating issues your storefront" (And members complain about the way I write!), sounds like they are investigating technical issues, rather than fraud.

Hey! If the moderators want to delete these posts, that's fine by me! All they're doing now is keeping me awake. When I do sleep, however, I sleep the sleep of the righteous. Maybe when I get up, I find out this was all a bad dream. Geez!

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2015-10-15 03:09:19)

#70 2015-10-15 03:20:50

Dopeman

Wide boy or not -the fabric looks very special and I actually prefer (IMHO) a 60's Gant to a same period Makers, so I for one would purchase a couple of shirts if they were made for NES using this madras..

The problem with forums is people write (speak) differently depending on age and location so a 66 year old american may not come across the same as a 35 year old british person. So if your not used to 'forum speak' and 'rules' (like me for instance) sometimes you can come across differently to how you meant to (to some people).
But the facts are that fabric is pretty special and the shirts sounds pretty special too and thats the reason I lurk about here, to find gems like this.... Is there another new shirt you can buy today which is similar?

#71 2015-10-15 03:36:25

Tomiskinky

Agree, a great sounding product - but some teething troubles with the way the post is written (3rd person) making it sound like Giant vibrator sales and a lack of the human touch, appreciate you are doing a lot of copying and pasting - maybe take some fresh photos of the product - you must have a camera - all I have seen are these same 3 images?

I work in design and marketing, if you are selling a product you need to show as much of it as you can - As others have said, show examples of the shirts - if you are not a confident photographer find someone to shoot this in a slick well crafted way. One of the fabric images is so pixilated it looks like it has been stolen off another site on a low quality phone! It's all about looking professional.

On here we like the human touch, it's all about the experience - online buying is pretty cold, it's not for example like walking into David Wood Clothiers so you need to express that experience in your post, sexy sells.

Look forward to seeing some fresh clean product images that show what you have achieved to the full.

#72 2015-10-15 03:41:55

Bop

Last edited by Bop (2015-10-15 03:42:37)

#73 2015-10-15 03:44:51

Acton_Baby

^
I have a record of whole heartedly supporting any ventures by forum members, my wardrobe is testimony to this ( H+J, Fitzgeralds to name a couple) and I'm genuinely disappointed when projects fail or never get to market (Tugboat Ties would have a been a great addition).
I also have a record of 'calling out' retailers when they try to market themselves through these pages, Duck Head and Harry Steadman spring to mind.
Maybe gain a bit of credibility by contributing to the forum in general before you try to sell us stuff.
As presently you have tried using the forum for free advertising and that is a bit snide.

In relation to your Etsy store I did indeed click the number 3 in the drop down box on your shop page, I'm not moron.
I knew I needed approx 3 yards for a shirt without your prompting ( your suggestion of 2.5 yards is a little un-generous according to the three shirt makers I've contacted, particularly when buying fabric 'sight unseen' from internet retailers).
Your pages disappeared shortly after placing my order, not a way to inspire trust in your operation.

I've never suggested you are a fraud, incompetent maybe but not a fraud.

Maybe you should have looked at past forum posts of how other members have promoted their products/Etsy ventures to the forum
and also respected the general tone of the forum, rather than the badly written and exceptionally poor PR exercise you have tried to pull.

If you ...
'sleep the sleep of the righteous'
...maybe it's because you are too dumb to realise how bad your posts to this forum look.

Hugh Hefner

#74 2015-10-15 04:32:38

chatsworth osborne jr.

I passed along the info that the fabric was available, as I knew that this forum had members that might be interested.  I didn't expect this brouhaha.
The seller has a tough line to walk, as he's clearly obsessive and monomaniacal about his quest to recreate history.  He seems to want to properly give credit to those he is working with, and properly portray the venture as an emotional pursuit rather than a financial exercise.  There is the predicament of selling a niche luxury good and explaining the appeal without alienating those that aren't already passionate.  I'd advise more soft selling in the line  of "for those that remember and prefer" than "brand X is not as good."  His clientele don't need to be hit over the head: they can detect subtle nuances.

Personally, I'm tempted to snatch some up, but don't really know what I'd do with it beyond a shirt that I can buy ready-made later.  I'd love a pair of Bermuda shorts, but that's not ... wait a minute, maybe my tailor could do that.  Anyway, what else could reasonably be made of this fabric?

#75 2015-10-15 09:46:08

Worried Man

I'm always a bit peeved when a member's first post is to say "Hi everyone, here's what I'm selling."  Or on the other hand, "Hi everyone.  Anyone know where I can get (insert Ivy product here)?"  Always a turnoff. 

Regardless of his tact, or lack thereof, in approaching our forum, (he's apparently a successful businessman, so we gotta cut him some slack here HA!) my personal feeling is that aucociscokid2 is attempting to leverage a product that most of us here would have some interest in, as an authentic bleeding Inda madras US-made button-down is right up pretty much all of our streets, and therefore I think many of us will watch with interest how this venture attempts to take flight; therefore, I feel that we shouldn't treat the thread as outright spam and we can at least reserve it this small spot on the forum.  At least aucociscokid2 is being attentive to our concerns.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

Board footer