You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-25 03:36:29

Axelist
Talker of the talk, walker of the walk.

School uniforms also for sports?

Sorry if this topic lead to wrong expectations, but it is indeed a completely harmless question which came up in a conversation about school uniforms I had with my daughter: are there also uniformed clothes for sports in schools where uniforms are mandatory? We talked about the pros and cons of uniforms, one of the pros being that a uniform may "neutralize" the differences between kids with wealthy and not so wealthy backgrounds. Theoretically. But if this is not for sports, it wouldn't work?

Maybe some of you UK guys can tell us more about it? There are no school uniforms in Germany and the only uniform I care about is that of our curved French maid.

Just to get a repp..

#2 2014-04-25 03:45:43

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: School uniforms also for sports?

We did have regulation sports clothes at school in the 70s and 80s.

#3 2014-04-25 04:13:08

Kingston1an

Yes. There is usually a school shirt for inter schools competition. There are also usually " house " shirts for internal competition between various school houses. We had a school track suit as well.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#4 2014-04-25 04:40:22

Axelist

Thanks guys!

Just to get a repp..

#5 2014-04-25 04:42:00

Axelist

She was very imnpressed. smile

Just to get a repp..