You are not logged in.

#51 2014-09-26 07:05:46

Worried Man

Re: Exercise, fitness and health thread

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#52 2014-12-24 16:19:26

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#53 2014-12-25 06:46:11

Patrick

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#54 2014-12-28 16:40:37

oxford cloth button down

As a kid I had to do excerises as part of my daily chores which consisted of push-ups, sit-ups, and stretching. My dad was into martial arts, cycling, and other late 60s/early 70s sports interests. I played a lot of basketball as a kid. I stopped doing  between 19-23. I got out of shape. I hated it.

Now I exercise almost every day and have for the last 11 years. It is just part of my daily routine at this point. The best thing about exercise to me is how much of a better mood I am in afterwards. That is why I keep coming back. I also ended up loving running which I never thought would happen and cycling is one of the most enjoyable things in the world for me.

I do cardio for 30 minutes about 4 times a week (running, elliptical, spin class)

I train with weights 2 or 3 times a week for 75 minutes.

I play basketball 1 night a week.

I play raquetball about once a week.

I have been doing yoga a twice a week for the last 1 1/2 months.

I eat fairly healthy. I try not to eat bullshit. I eat small meals through out the day. I could eat more and better vegetables. I need to drink more water.

Last edited by oxford cloth button down (2014-12-28 16:40:56)

#55 2015-01-08 01:22:49

Tomiskinky

I used to go to the gym and do Gong Fu training which was pretty full on but you felt great.
Unfortunately the gym stoppe the classes as kick boxing was more popular - shame, so left the gym as was never really a pumpkin iron type, now I just cycle - anywhere between 20 - 60km a day the lower amount is in winter as it gets dark too early to ride around the park road.

I do go running occasionally but sufferin from acute tendinitis in my Achilles I prefer to ride as it put less pressure on the tissue. There is a lovely Lido near my studio so I should go swimming - that is my goal for the year, go swimming more.

Board footer