You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-16 09:17:14

Bop

Defense Against the Pyschopath

Stefan Verstappen Interview – “Defense Against th…: http://youtu.be/K_C_mytyKYw

Im wondering if Hep will be interested in this, but all of you might find it quite helpful.

A very interesting, if not slightly long 2 part interview with the author of a recent book called 'Urban Survival Tatics'. The book title does seem quite alarmist but what does get discussed in great depth is the behaviour of primary and secondary pyschopaths in modern society, and how to deal with them.

The area I found most interesting was how charming the higher functioning pyschopath can be, it seems you can expect quite a lot of feigned interest and questioning from them in what you do or what you think. They may also heap praise on you or seem incredibly engaged by your ideas. That could even extend to your preferred headwear for example.

This is the preparation for what follows, the pyschopath is aware of the challenge of how to manipulate someone who is wary of them. It is much more important that the 'victim' has let their guard down, and has little resistance to the will of their predatory nature.

Hell you might even recognise some of this behaviour on here from a certain poster.

Unfortunately all that appears as a solution to this situation is to keep these type of people out of your life. They can't really be contained or rehabilitate and in times passed wouldve been annexed from the small groups we would've originally lived in. Which is why nowadays the tatics of the pyschopath are much more successful as they can always find unaware prey to attach to in their parasitic way.

Anyway with that I bid you all adieu. Maybe keep any eye out for this type of character. Im sure the penny will drop. And I'll see you all again when it does.

Best. X

Last edited by Bop (2014-11-16 14:39:22)

#2 2014-11-16 09:32:51

formby

Re: Defense Against the Pyschopath

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#3 2014-11-16 09:40:51

Bop

I'm not falling for that.

#4 2014-11-16 09:46:38

doghouse

lol.

I thought the resident psychopath was gone?

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#5 2014-11-16 10:10:19

Bop

Oh and just to add they may also laugh off the accusation when confronted. This is due to the fact when people are aware it becomes difficult to carry on manipulating them. We are not programmed to recognise their charming behaviour as threatening which is why the adopt the characteristics in the first place.

Anyway, Im off.

See you all soon

Last edited by Bop (2014-11-16 10:13:33)

#6 2014-11-16 10:19:48

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#7 2014-11-16 12:07:59

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#8 2014-11-16 12:21:04

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#9 2014-11-17 03:43:11

Dudley Clarke

"Ah! Evian skin cream"

I came up to see her sometimes.

#10 2014-11-17 05:57:17

Dudley Clarke

Just about every kind of  bad human characteristic is described in that 'short' and there are seldom several of them, let alone all of them, concentrated in one person. Moreover, it suggests that 'empathy' is a quality that is either wholly present or wholly absent - again this is an exaggeration as most people have some degree of empathy - some more than others. Overall, this is a sensationalist piece of TV viewing which Bop at al. should not allow to manipulate them outta here - with all the easy-going company an' oll.

Last edited by Dudley Clarke (2014-11-17 06:10:05)

#11 2014-11-17 06:35:37

Incognito

Entertainingly, today I was described as the Anti-Christ by a certain hysterical blogger.
Psychopath & Sociopath jibes really can't compare to that !

On a serious note, there are various books on all of this and how advantageous it can be to adopt the behaviours of psychopaths in the world in which we live. It doesn't actually make you a psychopath... 'Ruthless' maybe, but in some quarters that used to be considered a virtue.

We live in the times in which we live. Now everything is medicalised into a 'condition' or 'syndrome'. It shows a lack of grasp of the human condition. I actually find it all rather naïve.

Human beings are capable of most things. I'm sure there are very few of us who wouldn't kill, in extremis, to prevent our loved ones from being killed/raped/tortured...  Would that make you a psycho ?

Anyway, to equate all these serious issues to the discussion of clothing is well and truly mad.

As is denouncing those you dislike as being the Anti-Christ.

- An insult that really doesn't quite work if your target happens to be Jewish ...

This is all just hype & hyperbole.  Things which have always worked for me !   wink

Don't get sucked in, is my advice.

(Rude and obvious joke about how it's better to get sucked off avoided. Let's keep this joint clean.)

As you were -

#12 2014-11-17 06:46:18

Incognito

Only a side note and certainly not an excuse -
My education and training was to be 'Officer Class'...
One of the donkeys who lead the lions, if you will.
Sometimes good results come out, sometimes mass slaughter ensues.
Burn down all the public schools !
(No kid of mine has ever been near one)

My contribution to this much-loved by me forum is that I AM a bit different to most. I have the greatest respect for all the Lions. It just so happens that I'm not one.

I'm no psychopath. Apparently I'm the Anti-Christ...

See how facile all this is ?

#13 2014-11-17 06:50:18

adorable homunculus

All psychopaths are higher functioning.

The evolutionary advantage that the general combination of personality traits bestows upon the sociopath is palpable.

Psychopaths benefit society, and are occasionally embraced by it, because they get things done - often (but not exclusively) at the least possible expense to their own time and resources.

It is however almost impossible to make any meaningful diagnosis. The achievements of a psychopath do not define them, nor do their methods, it is their attitude towards these achievements and methods which is the essence. But the attitude they possess is not necessarily the one which they will advertise, or even concede, nor is it one which may be inferred by others.

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#14 2014-11-17 07:00:35

Dudley Clarke

Aren't Jews still looking for their Christ? One would hope so. If that is true then the insult 'Anti-Christ' does work, doesn't it? But you're right about applying medical terms to the whackiness that goes on around these internet fora. Indeed, it is those who take it all so damned seriously that I would REALLY fear being locked in a padded cell with - you know - the guys with the clashing 'pocket-squares'; the seven-fold ties; the papal socks; the skinny pants; the half-mast coat-button stance; the colour codes; the colour wheels; the limited edition-paisley, voile shirts; the bespoke, leather-bound annuals of ASW and Crompie etc. etc  wink

#15 2014-11-17 07:03:56

Incognito

This is a great thread & very valid.

What use are the attitudes of the 19th century in the 21st ?

A classical education is now a handicap.

#16 2014-11-17 07:07:32

Incognito

#17 2014-11-17 07:10:32

Incognito

I love how I never provoke any of this -

It's all the others who throw about all the mental health and religious stuff. Class and sexuality stuff too....

It tells you about them far more than me.

I'm just....  Incognito.  wink

#18 2014-11-17 07:24:25

Jeff Reed

Last edited by Jeff Reed (2014-11-17 07:25:12)

#19 2014-11-17 08:05:40

Dudley Clarke

#20 2014-11-17 10:16:05

Sammy Ambrose

I've always found the best defence against psychopaths is to name something after them: an Oxbridge college, a cut of beef, a weigh- lifting move, a cake, or perhaps an item of clothing such as a tie. It keeps them happy.

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#21 2014-11-17 11:20:09

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#22 2014-11-17 12:20:50

formby

LOL.

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#23 2014-11-17 13:00:27

Incognito

As ever, let's spin this on its head -

Some guys get called Psychopaths/Sociopaths/Anti-Christs by others....

We all now know this to be true.

None of them are actually medically qualified or in Holy Orders but they do like to use these words...

So....

Why ?

Do they resent the freedom that others give themselves to do what they want ?

Do they secretly want to be as free as a 'Psycho' themselves but dare not dare ?

-  Merely a talking point.

wink

- Yes, this is an Inane conversation...

I didn't start it ...

#24 2014-11-17 14:32:24

Dudley Clarke

#25 2014-11-17 14:48:37

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Actually, I stand by the position that there is nothing so nasty, vindictive and capable of vendetta as a gaggle of very basic secondary school educated women who have never had a rigorous academic, graduate or vocational education that required them to apply themselves.

Edit: I might add, I state that as a committed and devout feminist post-Guardian reader.

Last edited by 4F Hepcat (2014-11-17 14:53:55)

Board footer