You are not logged in.

#26 2014-12-23 12:32:24

GIZhou007
Ivy Original.

Re: the torture playlist

"It's a Small World" as sung in Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty ride.  Sheer torture.  I am never doing that ride again.

#27 2014-12-23 12:42:03

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#28 2015-01-07 10:37:30

steve mcqueen fan
Agent Ivy.

"McQueen's message was signaled through subtraction... in a tweed or herringbone jacket and a ribbed swearer he had an electric austerity".

#29 2015-01-07 11:59:01

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Fear not gentle reader, the mainstream press is already in full flight with articles on the worrying tide of Islamophobia in France:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11330430/France-faces-rising-tide-of-Islamophobia.html

All these politicians must be going to different dinner parties than me, this looks a potentially interesting novel on the soon to be upon us dystopia:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Consequence-Apathy-Jihad-UK-ebook/dp/B00HAASJ1U

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#30 2015-01-07 14:58:55

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Vive le France!

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#31 2015-01-07 15:41:10

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

The BBC 10 o'clock news managed to get about five minutes into the bulletin before mentioning the worrying rise of anti Islamic feeling in France and implying that French measures like banning full face veils were a factor in the attack.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#32 2015-01-07 15:47:39

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#33 2015-01-08 12:46:00

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#34 2015-01-08 13:12:18

doghouse

#35 2015-01-08 22:29:44

chuck power

Plus one on the article and Doghouses response - strange days indeed. Made me think of this - excuse the smarmy c**t at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Who do you see? Who do you watch? Whose your leader? Which is your flock?

#36 2015-01-09 05:49:10

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Some excellent points in that article thanks Formby.

The deal seems to be that everybody wants to execise their personal freedom and do what they like without incurring comment or cricism by anyone else. The curbs on freedom of speech, not just by extremists, are very disturbing. Try Googling 'police investigate Twitter', the search brings up page after page of stories about police in the UK investigating people's comments on social media, WTF is that all about. Usually a celeb or someone who has been in the news are involved. In many cases all that has happened is that someone is offended by the comments of someone else, the fact that it becomes a police matter illustrates the muddled response of authority to these tensions in society.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#37 2015-01-09 06:35:31

Tomiskinky

Cheers for that Formby, very interesting read.

I am no aux fait enough to comment to much on politics and religion, but a lot of that makes sense. Just reading the news that another siege is underway too with unconfirmed dead. What is the world becoming?

#38 2015-01-09 08:29:55

chuck power

Last edited by chuck power (2015-01-09 08:31:15)

Who do you see? Who do you watch? Whose your leader? Which is your flock?

#39 2015-01-09 23:45:49

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

We have indeed arrived at an Orwellian nightmare, a dystopia in which we live in fear of making any perceived slight or offence which will get you sacked, or in the case of some of our friends killed. The real hate crimes are being committed by our jihadist friends - they're not Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, or jews - but they don't represent the real Islam, which we all know is benign, friendly, compassionate and merciful as we see in the kingdoms of the Middle East and in such great nations as Pakistan.

The Dutch news follows the same script as the British media: immediately after a jihad attack in the West, a plethora of articles on the worrying tide of Islamophobia in the West, and yes, France in this instance, the same as The Telegraph article. But like us, the Dutch have grown weary of this ruse and see through the script and bare face lies for what it is.

One can envision a time when we are swamped with wave after wave of jihad attacks and the no-go areas become larger and effectively ungovernable beyond sharia and still the media will be reading from the same Orwellian newspeak BS. The time will come, when we will either submit to allah or admit that we are in a state of civil war against elements in our societies.

A terrible self-inflicted wound upon the West.

This will warm you up this morning not:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11337056/Charlie-Hebdo-terror-mentors-wife-on-benefits-in-Leicester.html

#40 2015-01-10 00:43:56

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

This is good news though:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11335676/Hacktivists-Anonymous-says-it-will-avenge-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-by-shutting-down-jihadist-websites.html

Board footer