You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-19 04:56:44

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Viva Las Vegas

Mrs Woof and I are there for Christmas ...not a place I've ever hungered to visit to be honest but she's dead keen so I've caved in. Everyone tells me it's fab and I'll love it and I'm sure I will.

Have any of you brothers got any travel tips or ivy related picks that I should consider?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#2 2014-12-19 04:59:50

Tomiskinky

Re: Viva Las Vegas

Whoa, I have literally just got back from a hair raising sprint on the bike to the Barbican to get Viva Las Vegas - Elvis at 80 ticket for my sister in-law!

#3 2014-12-19 05:15:45

chuck power

Have been there a number of times - and have gambled a sum total of $1 - not really my cup of tea either to be honest. Its only attraction for me is it's proximity to the Grand Canyon and the Hoover dam - both (obviously) well worth a visit. Plenty of good shopping (if you like that sort of thing .... smile ) - particularly in the outlet malls at either end of the strip. Wrap up warm at night though as it's freezing !

Who do you see? Who do you watch? Whose your leader? Which is your flock?

#4 2014-12-19 05:28:50

Acton_Baby

Woof, I've had to spend a bit of time there in the last few years ( the EDM boom means lots of DJ's and dance acts are invading the strip), this guide is a good start for something a bit alternative...

http://www.bluffeurope.com/PokerMagazine/The-Alternative-A-Z-of-Las-Vegas_95.aspx

this guide is a bit mainstream but does have links to the 'bulldozer playground'...

http://www.apassionandapassport.com/2013/04/las-vegas-attractions.html

Beware the 'all you can eat' buffets and go a little more upmarket on the food-
Thomas Kellers - 'Bouchon at The Venetian' is old-school French Bistro food done incredibly well and not too nosebleed pricewise.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#5 2014-12-19 06:20:19

Worried Man

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#6 2014-12-19 07:17:42

PT

I went 2 years ago
visited the Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam
I'm not a gambler either but had a great time
also saw the Viva ELVIS | Cirque du Soleil show
spent an evening in BB Kings blues bar, the house band and food were great
my only gripe was the heat, it was 30^C at midnight

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy."

#7 2014-12-20 00:42:43

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Funny, we all seem to be level headed fellows and not degenerate gamblers!

It's a place that has always intrigued me, but like the rest of you fine chaps, the gambling side doesn't rock my river, but the people watching does and the rat pack history, so I would be in one of those Sinatra tribute acts like a flash. And even if it was bad, I reckon I would still dig it!

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#8 2014-12-20 04:33:32

TheExpandingMan

Last edited by TheExpandingMan (2014-12-20 04:34:03)

#9 2014-12-20 05:56:17

Worried Man

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#10 2014-12-20 10:42:23

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

Board footer