You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Lands' End Stuff that might be interesting

#51 2015-03-31 04:40:36

Leer R.

Re: Lands' End Stuff that might be interesting

I thought the classic fit chinos from two years ago - my navy one and one that is amost identical to the one I posted on here - had the same rise as the one from last year. Not entirely true. 29cm on 30" waist, that is 11,4". Ok, it seems that they dropped the rise a little bit. But no one can tell me that 11,4" are not classic rise. We come now to the shortage of RTW clothing as everything above 11" on 30 - 32 waist size rises up to my navel and even above if going into 12" territory (like the Tyrwhitt classic and slim fit chinos).

It can be that others need a higher rise for reaching navel regions. And others probably less. But I would consider everything that is not lower than about half an inch below the navel as classic. That is 10,75" with my own proportions (remember - only Yuca's trad fit chinos were lower - I have even newer ones from December 2014 that are 11"). I guess my own proportions are pretty average... (some on here might disagree - but I never need too much alterations on RTW, which is a sign for being average.)

Seems that the chart is crap because they are more inconsistent than others. But it also seems that not every chino in trad fit they have is low rise. I suspect Yuca never had a low rise chino - I had, and I can say the "modern" low rise  is awful. Those LE chinos don't compare with low rise hipsters, they are pretty good for the money.

Last edited by Leer R. (2015-03-31 04:49:50)

#52 2015-03-31 04:55:56

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: Lands' End Stuff that might be interesting

The classic fits I picked up a while back (would it be 3 or 4 years ago?) fit exactly the same as 1960s Koratron chinos Zach sourced for me. Just south of the navel (and too high for casual wear in my opinion).

It's not like LE don't have a pretty good returns policy if they don't suit.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Lands' End Stuff that might be interesting

Board footer