You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-05 04:07:06

Bop

Food Intolerance in Europe

Ok buckle down here it goes and Ill keep it brief..

People were in Europe 45,000 years ago, farming has only been in europe 9,000 years...it slowly moved with migration from the east and the ice shelf moving further north.

Hunter-gatherers for that time have been increasingly exposed to grain and milk as time went on those sensitive died off due to these foods..but within the furthest reaches of the west. Ie Ireland..people have not been exposed to farming long enough to have everyone killed off who are sensitive to these foods. Therefore the Irish and many celtic types who were originally hunter gathers have not yet had evolution takes its course and due to this many are coeliac or have less recognised food intolerances.

Last edited by Bop (2015-08-05 05:05:37)

#2 2015-08-05 04:13:36

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: Food Intolerance in Europe

The prevalence of blood group A in Ireland, may prove or disprove this theory, as blood group A is a product of farming and grains in the diet and has only been in existence for around 6,000 years.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2015-08-05 04:45:43

Bop

You're not going from that blood group diet plan are you?

#4 2015-08-05 05:02:38

Bop

That diet has been debunked I thought but if you do go with it..Ireland is type o by majority which is the protein no grain

#5 2015-08-05 06:22:53

Bop

Just to bring it back to JFK a second..

"While JFK and celiac disease may seem like incongruous topics, it appears there may have been a strong connection. Did you know that many historians and medical researchers now believe former United States president John F. Kennedy likely suffered from celiac disease? So, did JFK have celiac disease?
Much of this didn’t become public until long after his tragic assassination in 1963, but as a child, JFK suffered from weight problems, growth problems and chronic gastrointestinal pain and distress. His childhood reads like a textbook listing of gluten intolerance symptoms.
Later in life, he struggled to maintain his weight as he suffered from severe abdominal cramps and chronic diarrhea. He also suffered from migraines and early osteoporosis, which led to chronic back pain. In case you don’t know, all of these are signs of celiac disease.

In addition, he was diagnosed with two different autoimmune diseases. First he was diagnosed with Addison’s Disease, a rare endocrine disorder, but one which we now know has a very high correlation with celiac disease. Then he was diagnosed with another autoimmune condition: Hashimoto’s disease, or hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid). Hypothyroidism also has a very high correlation with celiac disease. Because of the presence of two different endocrine problems, some have conjectured that he might have suffered from autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 2 (APS 2).
Despite these diagnoses and others, treatment didn’t seem to provide relief to the 35th president of the United States… which leads to conjecture as to whether there was another cause behind all these attempted diagnoses. Even today it is not uncommon for it to take several years to diagnose celiac dsease.
Medical researchers sifting through his medical records describe what they find as a mirror image of modern patients suffering from undiagnosed celiac disease. Despite having experienced a wide range of treatments and diagnoses, it appears JFK experienced what many of us have experienced until we were finally diagnosed: one tentative diagnosis after another in an effort to resolve his misery. These diagnoses included irritable bowel syndrome and spastic colitis, which are common misdiagnoses associated with celiac disease.
In addition, autoimmune disorders run in the Kennedy family. As regular readers should know by now, celiac disease is an autoimmune disease, not a food allergy, and when a person develops one autoimmune disease he or she has a much higher risk of developing other autoimmune diseases.
Unfortunately, as celiac disease was far less understood during his lifetime, John F. Kennedy never obtained the blood tests or intestinal biopsy that would have revealed his celiac disease, and thus he was never prescribed a gluten-free diet to help him combat and relieve most — if not all — of his symptoms."

Last edited by Bop (2015-08-05 06:25:19)

#6 2015-08-05 06:54:57

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

My father suffered from ulcerative colitis and Addison's disease and was on steroids for nearly two decades which turned him into an egotistical maniac with Desperate Dan jowls. He was munching on them like they were sweets - especially before a rugby match! JFK had the same diseases and the same look in the face, as he was on steroids too. I think the steroids may help people to a certain extent in their careers, particularly when the alpha male is the desired type for the position e.g. JFK.

There's been some medical theories that rather than genetics, there are certain types of persons that are prone to colitis. I can go along with this, or that having this, combined with the medication, particularly steroids, will change your personaility.

In any event, I do believe that milk, excluding yoghurt and cheese in moderation, should not be in your diet past a certain age. I gave milk up a couple of years ago and feel better for it, but I also gave up heavy whisky drinking at the same time.

#7 2015-08-05 07:14:37

Bop

Some people do have the genetic mutation to digest lactose passed the age of three..most people however do not and the gene that p4oduces the lactase is turned off..but in the process of making cheese and yoghurt the lactose is eaten by the bacteria. So the lactose should be minimal enough to be tolerated.

I am lactose intolerant and have a wheat intolerance my father is the same and its his mum who is Irish. I have suffered up until diagnosis about 8 years ago now. And suffered all listed above...the adrenal exhaustion was first marked as ME. Without these foods I am perfectly fine if I begin to eat them I have migraines, serve fatigue, rashes, IBS to the point Ive had to get off the underground and get them to open the disabled toilets for me.

Rice, vegetables, white meat and organ meat seem to work well for me.

#8 2015-08-05 12:23:49

formby1

Interesting.

My blood group is A- and I suffer from hemochromatosis which I've read has connections with Viking ancestry...

Bread bloats me, and I don't drink milk!

So there you are then....ole formby's a bloody Viking...!!!!

Lock up yer wimin...!!!!!

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#9 2015-08-17 13:57:44

An Unseen Scene

I am second generation Irish with a family history of stomach issues, the cause of which wasn't diagnosed prior to this generation.  I became ill in my early thirties during the new wave of business coffee meetings over a capuchino.  This took years to find I am lactose intolerant with a cycle of growing illness at work (upper right stomach pain, morning numbness, fever, itching, nausea, IBS) and then recovery at home (with much less milky coffee consumed).  By then any carbonated drinks also affected me badly.   Once I knew it has been easier to manage but for years was misdiagnosed as liver, gall bladder and digestive issues including by consultants.  I am additionally prone now to gall stones but know the signs.  I minimise caffeine, milk, retail bread and find I am far better with no symptoms needing a day off.  Finding some milk or whey is unexpectedly in food (especially cream) is a risk and can set me back a week with IBS type symptoms, pain and hugely depleted energy.  I'm now on a hospital study programme on lactose impacts on health which I was able to discover ahead of the doctor before they accepted this condition and believed it wasn't drink related (I was too poorly to drink!  Actually a single pint of bitter helps).  A food and drink diary is helpful to discover any issues.

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2015-08-17 14:04:22)

#10 2015-08-17 14:09:16

Bop

Mark I do recommend you supplement b12 if you cut out diary completely ...after about 6 years of being diary free due to lactose intolerance I got low b12 and now have irreversible nerve damage. Which is nice.

#11 2015-08-17 14:24:04

An Unseen Scene

Thanks.  I do take some dietary supplements now and have lactose free milk.  I'll check further on this.

This is a good topic, for years the medical professionals didn't accept or understand this but they increasingly do now.  People from India often have the same issue due to no history of milk ingestion.

There is no doubt about the milk when you have this, the symptoms are so acute and sudden the link is clear.  Most interestingly my wife (from Northumbria) developed the same and our elder son had it occur in his mid  teens.  For years my wife wouldn't accept the link herself but it became increasingly clear.  I wondered whether this is coincidental or the removal of lactose in the family made them less tolerant.

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2015-08-17 14:32:20)

#12 2015-08-17 23:52:13

Bop

The lactose free will still give you b12 so youll be fine in that respect.

#13 2015-08-18 02:52:20

An Unseen Scene

Thanks.

#14 2015-08-23 00:07:23

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Well, we're a right motley crew all right! After we've exhausted lactose intolerance and IBS, I would like to move onto cervical spondylosis, arthritis, disk degeneration and bone spurs growing into your spine.

Any fellow travellers?

#15 2015-08-23 00:27:59

Bop

Get some of this..

http://www.modernherbals.com/anti-ageing/1-syno-vital.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwu-CuBRCQ2byQtMep7e0BEiQABQKlkacDPInK-2axCmMI-TOG803z2d59PJH9TFguYBOe9PAaAs8P8P8HAQ

Or preferably this..

http://www.reviveactive.com/joint-complex/

The second one being the best mu mum and my brother (a frequent long haul flyer) both suffer with really bad backs..this stuff is helping no end..and a lot of customers at my store come back time and time again for it.

You may also want to go and get you vit d level checked if you're get calcification etc..you may not have sufficient D..or conversely the hormone that controls blood calcium levels maybe misfiring..this sttangley can be a symptom of too little or too much vit d..worth getting checked either way.

Last edited by Bop (2015-08-23 00:30:03)

#16 2015-08-23 00:51:49

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Too late for me Bop, I've just had half-my-neck placed in a titanium cage!

For flying, a good sleeping pill is generally sufficient and can get you through the critical point when you've exhausted all food and booze options and they're dimming the lights and there's still another 8 hours of turbulence filled flying to go. Aprazolam is not bad either, can take the edge of it and you can arrive in a sufficient state ready for action.

#17 2015-08-23 01:50:55

Bop

Blimey...you're bionic.

Board footer