You are not logged in.

#26 2015-08-18 15:00:41

stanley s. hall
Member
From: Hollywood Sportatorium
Posts: 112

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...


Let's take the cheese.

 

#27 2015-08-19 08:54:33

Worried Man
Member
From: Davebrubeckistan
Posts: 15921

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Don Caballero - In the Absence of Strong Evidence to the Contrary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzKPFuLplE


"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

 

#28 2015-08-19 10:03:17

Worried Man
Member
From: Davebrubeckistan
Posts: 15921

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

I know this is really more fusion than prog, but the lines blur and sometimes you can just "Call it Anything."

Miles Davis live at the Isle of Wight 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJooHmRcdc


"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

 

#29 2015-08-20 01:45:37

Chet
Member
Posts: 1483

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...


Do you know what a Palmist once said to me? She said: will you let go!
Vivian Stanshall

 

#30 2015-08-20 03:08:42

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3671

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Worried Man wrote:

Don Caballero - In the Absence of Strong Evidence to the Contrary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzKPFuLplE

Nicely done WM, gonna dig out some old DC vinyl for listening this evening.
There's a Battles connection with Don Caballero (guitarist Ian Williams is/was in both).


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#31 2015-08-20 18:24:30

Worried Man
Member
From: Davebrubeckistan
Posts: 15921

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Shudder to Think and Jawbox were always my faves, after moving past the "hard stuff" like Swiz and Minor Threat.  But that's a whole other thread. smile


"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

 

#32 2015-08-21 09:10:32

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Worried Man wrote:

Shudder to Think and Jawbox were always my faves, after moving past the "hard stuff" like Swiz and Minor Threat.  But that's a whole other thread. smile

I like the sound of that thread.

The Delta 72 rule!

 

#33 2015-08-21 09:13:56

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Getting back (slightly) on message

Super Numeri - The First League Of Angels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2U3T9wzUc

 

#34 2015-08-21 10:07:59

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3671

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

^ great stuff McG,
I remember getting that cd as part of a Ninja Tune mail-out.
Sounded a bit out of place on Ninja at the time, I loved it tho'.


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#35 2015-08-21 10:10:21

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3671

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#36 2015-08-21 13:39:30

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1315

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Organisation - Silver forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMTlD5wMJKo

 

#37 2015-08-21 13:40:48

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1315

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Organisation - Rhythm salad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGw3TAzc5oA

 

#38 2015-08-21 14:22:41

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10203

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (edit) (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNcBRtb33U

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (full version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClLQ9MEbZ4


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#39 2015-08-21 17:41:20

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

stanshall wrote:

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (edit) (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNcBRtb33U

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (full version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClLQ9MEbZ4

/\
This

Absolutely awesome, Stan. My favourite post in this thread yet.

 

#40 2015-08-21 17:48:29

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Acton_Baby wrote:

^ great stuff McG,
I remember getting that cd as part of a Ninja Tune mail-out.
Sounded a bit out of place on Ninja at the time, I loved it tho'.

It's a bit of anomaly in the Ninja Tune catalogue all right.  I heard it in a friend's record store after hearing him raving about it and bought it on the spot. I remember being surprised what label it was on.

 

#41 2015-08-21 18:43:44

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10203

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

McGeorge Bundyburger wrote:

stanshall wrote:

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (edit) (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNcBRtb33U

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (full version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClLQ9MEbZ4

/\
This

Absolutely awesome, Stan. My favourite post in this thread yet.

/\  McG'eed-up B-boy, thanks!

Cottonwoodhill is one crazy trip, right?


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#42 2015-08-24 07:07:43

wahoo!
Member
Posts: 184

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Some goofy stuff

Klaus Doldinger Passport - Schirokko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmjmq7RXO4

 

#43 2015-08-24 11:02:35

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3671

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

^ Klaus Doldinger, composer of the score to 'Das Boot'.
Still plys his trade with Passport in a more 'world music' vibe, they were on the European Jazz festival circuit in 2013/14 and got to see them a few times.


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#44 2015-08-24 14:21:29

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10203

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

A.R & MACHINES- As If I Have Seen All This Before (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfI_p51ozg


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#45 2015-08-24 16:57:35

Worried Man
Member
From: Davebrubeckistan
Posts: 15921

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

stanshall wrote:

McGeorge Bundyburger wrote:

stanshall wrote:

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (edit) (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNcBRtb33U

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill (full version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClLQ9MEbZ4

/\
This

Absolutely awesome, Stan. My favourite post in this thread yet.

/\  McG'eed-up B-boy, thanks!

Cottonwoodhill is one crazy trip, right?

That stuff's even hard for me to swallow.


"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

 

#46 2015-08-24 22:07:53

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10203

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

/\ it's the sound of minds imploding, as extreme as they could get ....

Infamously, two warnings are included on the album: "After listening to this record, your friends won't know you anymore" and "Listen only once a day to this record, your brain might be destroyed."

These warnings should be heeded and maybe I should have mentioned that the track is disturbing and psychotic but I wanted to see who here was off his rocker completely, and it turns out to be McGeorge B-burger.

After hearing a lot of insane contemporary classical music Brainticket is like the Archies to me.


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#47 2015-08-25 05:45:40

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

stanshall wrote:

/\ it's the sound of minds imploding, as extreme as they could get ....

Infamously, two warnings are included on the album: "After listening to this record, your friends won't know you anymore" and "Listen only once a day to this record, your brain might be destroyed."

These warnings should be heeded and maybe I should have mentioned that the track is disturbing and psychotic but I wanted to see who here was off his rocker completely, and it turns out to be McGeorge B-burger.

After hearing a lot of insane contemporary classical music Brainticket is like the Archies to me.

I should explain that the Brainticket record was part of the soundtrack to a particularly debauched stage of my life in the very early 90s - a friend whose house was a hub of late night social activity was also a big fan of pysch, prog and krautrock, and this LP (or rather a tape of it) was on heavy rotation.  So maybe that colours my opinion of it. But I snagged a copy of it myself a few years later and still thought it sounded good, or at least suitably out there.  But I never would have thought of posting it, so big props to Stan for setting the bar EXTREMELY high on this thread...

 

#48 2015-08-26 03:45:40

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3671

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

stanshall wrote:

After hearing a lot of insane contemporary classical music Brainticket is like the Archies to me.

Hahaha,
I've got one of those new-music 'events' coming up soon ( it's work related but I get these type of gigs 'cos no one else wants them).
a programme of Xenakis, JC Risset and Mache works for the UPIC computer system with 'realisation' via an IRCAM designed 'spatial dispersion' speaker system,
So an evening of 'nails down a blackboard' glissandi, harsh grinding low end frequencies and extreme volume 'pink noise' blasts await
big_smile


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#49 2015-08-26 06:36:30

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 547

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Acton_Baby wrote:

stanshall wrote:

After hearing a lot of insane contemporary classical music Brainticket is like the Archies to me.

Hahaha,
I've got one of those new-music 'events' coming up soon ( it's work related but I get these type of gigs 'cos no one else wants them).
a programme of Xenakis, JC Risset and Mache works for the UPIC computer system with 'realisation' via an IRCAM designed 'spatial dispersion' speaker system,
So an evening of 'nails down a blackboard' glissandi, harsh grinding low end frequencies and extreme volume 'pink noise' blasts await
big_smile

http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/uploads/thumbs/9140_tumblr_lyow11ebrv1qg0rnuo1_1280.jpg

 

#50 2015-08-26 08:24:25

formby1
Member
From: Hauteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 1039

Re: Prog/Krautrock Thread...

Dawn Muir


"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 Rickard Andersson