You are not logged in.

#26 2015-09-11 05:30:54

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

The piano-jazz trio in a modern style ....

Bad Plus - Flim (Aphex Twin cover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYimjHuU99c
and live..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNbDaqiLNc

GoGo Penguin - Hopopono
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtAV_azaBc

Three Trapped Tigers - 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2uVduXojA


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#27 2015-09-11 06:32:54

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

...wow AB.

Legendary Stardust Cowboy Paralyzed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEZAivzl1Q

 

#28 2015-09-11 07:14:45

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Jackofficers - An Hawaiian Christmas Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYXnVLr5CA

 

#29 2015-09-11 07:30:16

adorable homunculus
Member
Posts: 772

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

ZarJazz wrote:

Jackofficers - An Hawaiian Christmas Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYXnVLr5CA

Love it! Pure evil groove. As I recall Gaye Bikers on Acid were the co-collaborators?

One good turn deserves another, more evil groove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92UkJkfb6g

22 going on 23

http://cdn.discogs.com/ikHeVddleiCJXU1zcBieLjCl8t0=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-369945-1388395723-5459.jpeg.jpg

Last edited by adorable homunculus (2015-09-11 07:51:49)


We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

 

#30 2015-09-11 08:08:49

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 9993

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Pena (1969) from TROUT MASK REPLICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcZYOENgcQ


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#31 2015-09-11 08:12:54

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Oh yes to both!

Tuxedomoon - Volo Vivace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPHamAG_Do

 

#32 2015-09-11 08:16:09

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

^ well played gentlemen.
ZJ special commendation for the first use of TLSC - Paralysed

If you've got an hour to spare a little slow-burner from Australia....

The Necks - Drive By
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqc0LrLq8IM


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#33 2015-09-11 08:38:34

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Wa-hey!

Great thread Acton, thanks for starting it. Amazing stuff all round. So...

The Theatre of Eternal Music (aka La Monte Young) - Dream House 78' 17"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iezxej1S52E

 

#34 2015-09-11 08:39:57

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

 

#35 2015-09-11 08:45:36

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Aidan Walsh - Community Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-j_7VLPf7o

 

#36 2015-09-11 08:48:08

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel - I'll Meet You in Poland, Baby

 

#37 2015-09-11 08:50:07

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Acton_Baby wrote:

^ well played gentlemen.
ZJ special commendation for the first use of TLSC - Paralysed

If you've got an hour to spare a little slow-burner from Australia....

The Necks - Drive By
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqc0LrLq8IM

Seconded on the Legendary Stardust Cowboy.

And top marks for the Necks.

 

#38 2015-09-11 08:52:23

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

McGeorge Bundyburger wrote:

Wa-hey!

Great thread Acton, thanks for starting it. Amazing stuff all round. So...

The Theatre of Eternal Music (aka La Monte Young) - Dream House 78' 17"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iezxej1S52E

Tremendous 'first shot across the bows' McG,
Love that wily old La Monte ,
have you heard his 'blues' band ? -The Forever Bad Blues Band- microtonal blues improvisations on a single chord, it's epic. big_smile


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#39 2015-09-11 08:55:23

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

The more I listen to the stuff of this thread, the more epic it becomes. (And the more distracted from pressing deadlines I get...)

Inspired by Acton's leftfield piano jazz:

DJ Lebowitz - Holiday in Cambodia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qx6RX7ek70

 

#40 2015-09-11 08:57:00

McGeorge Bundyburger
Member
Posts: 530

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Acton_Baby wrote:

McGeorge Bundyburger wrote:

Wa-hey!

Great thread Acton, thanks for starting it. Amazing stuff all round. So...

The Theatre of Eternal Music (aka La Monte Young) - Dream House 78' 17"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iezxej1S52E

Tremendous 'first shot across the bows' McG,
Love that wily old La Monte ,
have you heard his 'blues' band ? -The Forever Bad Blues Band- microtonal blues improvisations on a single chord, it's epic. big_smile

I haven't heard anything from that particular strand of his career, no - must check it out. That deadline just got pushed back farther...

 

#41 2015-09-11 09:02:45

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 9993

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band - Greenfield Morning I Pushed an Empty Baby Carriage All Over the City (1970)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1KXOtlYCS0


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#42 2015-09-11 09:03:28

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

...now there's some freaky stuff right there MB my fave being Aidan Walsh... just brilliant.

Add N To X - Inevitable Fast Access
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RRx93oQYs#t=53

 

#43 2015-09-11 09:04:47

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

McGeorge Bundyburger wrote:

The more I listen to the stuff of this thread, the more epic it becomes. (And the more distracted from pressing deadlines I get...)

Inspired by Acton's leftfield piano jazz:

DJ Lebowitz - Holiday in Cambodia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qx6RX7ek70

YEAH !


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#44 2015-09-11 09:07:35

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#45 2015-09-11 09:07:55

adorable homunculus
Member
Posts: 772

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

I was fortunate enough to recently attend a concert of Tristan Perich performing his latest piece Noise Patterns (microchip-generated sequences of 1-bit white noise) which was a transfixing experience. Unfortunately no portions of this masterpiece appear to be available on the internet to link to so here is an excerpt from an earlier (lesser) work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl_ovH9ypkM


http://bangonacan.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/BIG/tristan_perich_1_bit_symphony_square_by_d_yee_800.jpg

Last edited by adorable homunculus (2015-09-11 09:08:51)


We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

 

#46 2015-09-11 09:10:23

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

^^^Right up my street this A...

 

#47 2015-09-11 09:11:27

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Liaisons Dangereuses - Los Niņos Del Parque
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_sAH2QGotE#t=91

 

#48 2015-09-11 09:11:52

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3639

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

^ oooh that's a lovely thing indeed ad.h .

A bit more hi-tech, but the lovely Bhudda Machines by FM3 are in a similar vein...

http://www.fm3buddhamachine.com/v2/

there's even an ipad/phone app

http://www.fm3buddhamachine.com/v2/?page_id=543

Last edited by Acton_Baby (2015-09-11 09:13:35)


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#49 2015-09-11 09:20:02

ZarJazz
Member
Posts: 1287

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Got to stop... I have work to do dammit!
Liaisons Dangereuses - Etre Assis Ou Danset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7bdJ8IyZeE#t=44

 

#50 2015-09-11 09:21:16

adorable homunculus
Member
Posts: 772

Re: 'Weird Sounds From The Way Out' Thread

Acton_Baby wrote:

^ oooh that's a lovely thing indeed ad.h .

A bit more hi-tech, but the lovely Bhudda Machines by FM3 are in a similar vein...

http://www.fm3buddhamachine.com/v2/

there's even an ipad/phone app

http://www.fm3buddhamachine.com/v2/?page_id=543

Worth checking Amazon for Perich's '1 Bit Symphony' although the product is embedded in a jewel case it is not a cd, nor even a recording, rather it is an electronic circuit which actually plays the music. Rather ingenious.


We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 Rickard Andersson