You are not logged in.

#576 2015-11-18 02:11:43

formby1

Re: The Jeremy Corbyn sartorial thread

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#577 2015-11-18 03:26:57

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I see him more of a Travis Bickle type figure now.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSdrLjDzB8

But who will be the one to cut him down?

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#578 2015-11-20 13:18:20

Yuca

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/11/19/jeremy-corbyn-facebook-press-chat/

some sort of banal legitimacy

#579 2015-11-20 23:40:18

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

It's a toss up between whose the most irrelevant and spineless, Corbyn or Obama.

Contrast Corbyn's position on the shoot to kill policy during a terrorist attack to that of Galloway's, it seems the populist hard Left is actually more diverse than what it first seems. And to be fair, the last time the Labour party was enraptured with these sorts, they had tremendous anti-fascist credentials in Michael Foot, also he supported the Falkland's War 100%.

#580 2015-11-20 23:44:22

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#581 2015-11-28 09:15:43

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#582 2015-11-28 14:40:05

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

I must agree that Corbyn has made a severe hash of the days since the Paris attacks and has found himself out of tune with large sections of the population and his shadow cabinet colleagues.  But none of his MPs have the overwhelming support of party members that he enjoys and he remains the only one whose message chimes with young people and the millions who are scraping along on low wages under this so called government for 'hard working people'.

Meanwhile Osborne who cannot open his mouth without referring to 'hard working people' every 10 seconds, has bottled it. After months of messages about how police budgets were going to cut by 20% and tax credits slashed, oh surprise, surprise he has found a few billion quid that he forgot he had. Perhaps he left it in some jeans he took off and hung over the bedroom chair in Number 11. Elsewhere in the Spending Review there were big tax hikes for the many ordinary people who have invested in buy to let properties, a trend that has arisen to plug the gaps left by successive governments neglect of housing policy. Many of these small time landlords may now find themselves running at a loss. However those who have 15 or more properties let out will be okay as, guess what, they are exempt from these tax changes. Showing once again the Tory Party's complete and utter contempt for 'hard working people', in fact contempt for anyone who is not rolling in it - what a bunch of toffee nosed scumbags they are.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#583 2015-11-29 00:34:03

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#584 2015-11-29 01:30:39

Yuca

#585 2015-11-29 02:21:42

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

John Simons

#586 2015-11-29 02:59:51

Yuca

Coffee in the UK in general is a joke.

#587 2015-11-29 04:46:29

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

My brother and his friend have six houses they let out. He's (my bro) is a window fitter and his partner runs his own engineering company. Anyone can do it, or could. You apply for a commercial mortgage. I'm pretty sure they don't make much on the rent, at least not when they first started renting. It was more of a long term thing for a nest egg. Think they must be about paid for by now. Seems to me its really hard to earn money on a venture regardless of who's in power. They all want your money but they don't seem so good at managing it.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#588 2015-11-29 05:17:42

formby1

Its odd that people think that Cameron is some kind of Thatcherite. He's far closer to the One Nation Toryism of Macmillan than he is to Thatcher.

He's further to the left than Blair.

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#589 2015-11-29 05:18:57

formby1

Souvent me Souvient

#590 2015-11-29 05:20:19

formby1

Souvent me Souvient

#591 2015-11-29 12:46:07

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Today London saw the largest of many worldwide protest marches about global warming, Corbyn was there. Cameron, maybe missing a trick, wasn't. Perhaps this shows the real gravitas.

John Simons

#592 2015-11-29 13:01:09

formby1

Souvent me Souvient

#593 2015-11-29 13:12:02

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Meanwhile, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign intrinsically linked to Corbyn has it's bank accounts closed due to the likelihood it is funding terrorism. As you know, Corbyn has many links to terrorists in the past and he also has penchant for sharing platforms with anti-semitic folk.

But of course, that's the new kinder, gentler form of evil wrapped in PC BS and even as the topic of this thread reveals, there are those amongst us who are misguided enough to consider his shite dressing as somehow an admirable sign of his being morally pure.

I see no morality and I see no method or process to deliver any future to youth or any other group. All I see is a crusty sub-college lecturer type on mission to protest against on behalf of any group that will have him.

He represents the dark forces softly spoken.

I do believe he is quite evil.

#594 2015-11-29 13:52:54

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

John Simons

#595 2015-11-29 13:58:07

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

The point is, Corbyn is a professional protester, he has no solutions. Case in point: ISIS, don't bomb them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swwZO3LUm5Q

But we must bomb and kill them. And unfortunately, Corbyn has distinct LMF and we can't change that.

There's a terrible dose of the Emperor's New Clothes with Corbyn, I think those Labour supporters who cannot accept their party has the death rattles are hanging on to the local village idiot in utter desperation. It's a shame really that the Left has to go down like this, with a total non-entity leading them to oblivion. No one will care or pity the lost cause of the ultimate weirdo.

Last edited by 4F Hepcat (2015-11-29 14:14:11)

#596 2015-11-29 14:06:03

Bop

Why do our allies in the Middle East fund and support IS that's what I dont understand?

#597 2015-11-29 14:17:54

formby1

Souvent me Souvient

#598 2015-11-30 07:33:13

doghouse

Do people still have a party? Is that a thing?

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#599 2015-11-30 10:57:03

formby1

Souvent me Souvient

#600 2015-11-30 23:59:03

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Aye, it's a bit barmy isn't my party right or wrong. Actually, we had a lady in our office whose cousin was a Labour MP and she said one day "We've always been up the workers in our family." Considering her husband had a good earner on Euro 100+ an hour as a systems architect and her cousin was Oxford educated and was well in the Brown gang, I thought such a comment rather archaic and quaint. She also brought an article in once, where her cousin was speaking to some poor guy in the street who thanked her and Brown for saving his job. It was an ugly sycophantic and patronizing piece. They really, really need their working classes down trodded in Dickensian poverty to feel good about themselves at night.

And so we find that Corbyn has reintroduced and reinvigorated the shell suit back into the mainstream:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3340341/Corbyn-s-worst-policy-Reviving-shellsuit-Labour-leader-causes-stir-stepping-times-past-month-1980s-style-Wilson-leisure-wear.html

Board footer