You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Ametora : How Japan Saved American Style

#26 2017-10-04 08:44:33

mhalat

Re: Ametora : How Japan Saved American Style

Creased jeans remind me of my cousin ironing his elastic waist, pleated, Z Cavaricci jeans in like, 1989. A New Jersey classic.

#27 2017-10-04 10:46:16

stanshall

once the crease gets in there it takes years to get rid of it ... well-intentioned people from other lands have perpetrated this wrongfulness on my jeans in the past so now I just never have them laundered by others ... or by myself either, actually ....

I process my jeans using the "don't wear them for a while and they become magically less dirty" neglect technique .....

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#28 2017-10-04 11:10:58

mhalat

stanshall wrote:

once the crease gets in there it takes years to get rid of it ... well-intentioned people from other lands have perpetrated this wrongfulness on my jeans in the past so now I just never have them laundered by others ... or by myself either, actually ....

I process my jeans using the "don't wear them for a while and they become magically less dirty" neglect technique .....

Ahhhhh also a tried and true technique for knitwear & woollens in my experience, Stan.

#29 2017-10-04 12:38:22

Treble Clef

These look cool but very similar to Mister Freedom Lot '74 which despite the name are pretty close to an ivy-style fit (12" front rise, slim leg, zipper etc). My size 33 are getting a bit tight but won't be shelling out for these!

#30 2017-10-04 14:07:22

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

stanshall wrote:

The self cleaning properties of denim are well known. Washing jeans is the devil's work, ask any self respecting Hells Angel.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#31 2017-10-04 15:21:23

stanshall

woofboxer wrote:

stanshall wrote:

The self cleaning properties of denim are well known. Washing jeans is the devil's work, ask any self respecting Hells Angel.

every once in a while I have to wash one particular pair if they get so blown-out and baggy that they slip off my hips but otherwise I'm happy to just air them out .....

or to bury them under a pile of clean clothes, like I did in school ... I had a huge mountain of clothes in the wardrobe/closet that I'd just peel stuff off of whenever I needed something ....

this clothing mountain actually was named "Billy" ...... Billy the Mountain ........

I hate creases to pieces

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#32 2017-10-05 09:36:02

katon

I guess they are re-inventing orange tab Levi's. smile I would have thought they'd go with the sky blue color, though; that's the one I always seem to see on old permapress pairs.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Ametora : How Japan Saved American Style

Board footer