You are not logged in.

#51 2016-02-08 05:50:09

Leer R.

Re: Hutton Desert boots

Ha! Now I regret that I only bought the pair for the Wee Man.. and not one for me either...

http://maennergarderobe.blogspot.co.at

BB Makers shirts: 15.5/33, BB #1, 2 or 4 suits: 38R

#52 2016-02-08 07:00:12

Meehawl MacMurrachu

That poor guy from Hutton has probably fielded the same question from all of us "thanks for the desert boots now tell us when you're gonna make the playboys"....

#53 2016-02-15 09:38:07

Chet

Save £25 on remaining stock - sizes 39, 40, 41, 45, 46.

Use code: SAHARA48

Last edited by Chet (2016-02-15 09:39:16)

Do you know what a Palmist once said to me? She said: will you let go!
Vivian Stanshall

#54 2016-02-23 08:05:59

Oliver

Just a heads up that they uncovered another size 42 at the warehouse, now avail. online. Last pair in stock.

#55 2016-03-24 07:39:47

Chet

40% off remaining stock.  Use promo code "EASTERBUNNY"

Vivian Stanshall

#56 2016-03-24 08:02:22

Sid Ford

Chet wrote:

40% off remaining stock.  Use promo code "EASTERBUNNY"

nice. makes them cheaper than Clark's

#57 2016-03-29 04:42:20

Chet

New colour - 'Havana Sand' launched today at 12:30pm.  20% of with promo code "HAVANASAND20"

Last edited by Chet (2016-03-29 04:52:42)

Vivian Stanshall

#58 2016-03-29 05:55:15

clyde

This Hutton company is a new venture based out of the UK.  Their site says the shoes are made on an Italian factory that has made desert boots since the 60s.  So these are rebranded shows, similar to how say Brooks Brothers would have Alfred Sargent or someone make them a shoe and put their name in it.  Does anyone know who makes them and what the Italian branded desert boot is like?  Is it Astorflex?  The uppers look very similar, the sole is a lighter shade though.

#59 2016-03-29 12:04:22

Leer R.

You can choose from about 100 factories in Italy and I don't know... 30? in Tuscany - where also Astorflex are made... BTW, I don't think that there are similarities between the Huttons in their last version (the first version that seems to be a prototype looked similar though) and the Astorflex. But that doesn't mean that the Astorflex factory does not make them.

Astorflex Polacchino:

http://www.artimondo.it/media/cvp/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/h/phpFjXG3m.jpg

Hutton:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1059/3246/products/Havana_Side_Profile_2_1024x1024.png?v=1458817973

Hutton Prototype:

http://www.theweejun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Hutton_Type_01_1st_sample_small.png

Last edited by Leer R. (2016-03-29 12:11:44)

#60 2016-03-29 13:58:14

Chief Brody

Astorflex, on their website, very handily show you a map to the factory near Verona.
Just a 7h drive from Vienna...if you are free next Saturday, Leer?...😜

#61 2016-03-29 14:08:49

Leer R.

Haha, I thought they were seated in Tuscany...

Well, you would better ask Daniele (former TI and Modculture poster - he is from Milano wink...

#62 2016-03-29 14:50:58

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Leer R. wrote:

Well, you would better ask Daniele (former TI and Modculture poster - he is from Milano wink...

He 's a Nazi isnt he Dom ?

“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”

#63 2016-03-29 15:04:02

Tommy

Armchaired wrote:

Leer R. wrote:

He 's a Nazi isnt he Dom ?

Yeah Harpo discovered this.

#64 2016-03-30 02:07:57

Leer R.

Well, Harpo posted it... For everyone on FB it is clear for a long time that he is... Well... I'd say far right wing. Nazi is a bit different, although the direction is pretty similar... But... He is on par with many 'lefties' when it comes to Antisemitism wink

But for me Talk Ivy is something not to be mixed with politics. :-)

#65 2016-03-30 02:21:02

McGeorge Bundyburger

/\
I think you just mixed politics with Talk Ivy, Dom yikes

#66 2016-03-30 02:24:39

Harpo
The Best In The West

There's a world of difference between 'politics' and disagreements about such, and the hateful ideology spouted by those fascist loons. And as to 'lefties' being 'just as anti-semetic' - you really need to have a long hard think about that Leer. As an Austrian - I shouldn't have to point that out to you.

Randy lower-class trifler

#67 2016-03-30 04:02:10

Tommy

Leer R. wrote:

Well, Harpo posted it... For everyone on FB it is clear for a long time that he is... Well... I'd say far right wing. Nazi is a bit different, although the direction is pretty similar... But... He is on par with many 'lefties' when it comes to Antisemitism wink

What utter shit stirring bollocks, with a get out clause of the use of many at rhe end. I'm yet to meet a 'leftie' that has expressed anti semitism, although if I did I would punch them in the face.

I am  the father of a child who is part jewish and have many hewish friends. I'm also an activie trade unionist and support left political causes. I'm no more an anti Semite for being a leftie than you are a fascist for beimg an Austrian!

#68 2016-03-30 04:16:20

Harpo
The Best In The West

Tommy wrote:

Leer R. wrote:

What utter shit stirring bollocks, with a get out clause of the use of many at rhe end. I'm yet to meet a 'leftie' that has expressed anti semitism, although if I did I would punch them in the face.

I am  the father of a child who is part jewish and have many hewish friends. I'm also an activie trade unionist and support left political causes. I'm no more an anti Semite for being a leftie than you are a fascist for beimg an Austrian!

Word.

Randy lower-class trifler

#69 2016-03-30 04:28:44

Leer R.

Harpo wrote:

There's a world of difference between 'politics' and disagreements about such, and the hateful ideology spouted by those fascist loons. And as to 'lefties' being 'just as anti-semetic' - you really need to have a long hard think about that Leer. As an Austrian - I shouldn't have to point that out to you.

Well, I do know enough about politics and  history AND Austrian and German history. More than you might think. And yes, I probably mixed TI with politics now, although I didn't want to - really... My very fault of course!

P.S. thank you for advising me about my nationality, btw. I know what we brought up back then... But it wasn't only us, y'know ;-)

(There were also a whole lot of antifascists from Austria fighting against the Nazi regime, and quite a few of them had to go to Israel as they were Jews. Something that is forgotten now by left wing 'Anizionists')

Last edited by Leer R. (2016-03-30 06:40:28)

#70 2016-03-30 04:41:44

Leer R.

Tommy wrote:

I'm yet to meet a 'leftie' that has expressed anti semitism, although if I did I would punch them in the face.

I did not mean that everyone from the left is an Anti-Semite, of course. But there is a long left wing tradition of Anti-Semitism, as long as there is a right wing tradition of Anti-Semitism. In fact there are many right wing fascists that are NOT anti-semitic (Austrian Fascism for example was NOT antisemitic), as well as left wingers being NOT anti-semitic and so on. The problem is, that there are so many opinions on that theme that you could discuss until the end of the world... and opinions on what antisemitism IS - beginning with being critical about Israeli politics (something that can be criticised as well as the politics of every other country on earth) until negotiating the existence of Israel, which is a big point of MANY left organisations (which is called "Antizionism" these days - an expression that is clearly a code for Nazis here in Austria and Germany, although many left wingers use it, too...).

I am sorry that I put that onto the table, because it is something that is dicussed on social media around the world very emotionally, which clearly was not my intention to bring up on here, too (I admit I was stupid). One last thing: I am a leftie, I will always be - but I am also someone that isn't always going with the "left" mainstream as I have my own head and ability tho think further than mainstream opinions.

And I am clearly against ANY antisemitism or racism as well as antifeminism, no matter where it does come from, right or left or anywhere else.

To say it with the Words from Erich Fried:

"Links rechts links rechts"
Wenn ein Linker denkt
dass ein Linker
bloß weil er links ist
besser ist als ein Rechter
dann ist er so selbstgerecht
dass er schon wieder rechts ist
Wenn ein Rechter denkt
dass ein Rechter
bloß weil er rechts ist
besser ist als ein Linker
dann ist er so selbstgerecht
dass er schon rechtsradikal ist

Und weil ich
gegen die Rechten
und Rechtsradikalen bin
bin ich gegen
Linke
die denken
dass sie besser sind
als die Rechten
Und weil ich gegen sie bin
denke ich manchmal
ich habe ein Recht zu denken
dass ich doch besser als sie bin.

Last edited by Leer R. (2016-03-30 04:58:12)

#71 2016-03-30 05:08:36

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

OKAY - that's it thank you guys.

Continue this on the NSFW if you want to.

Back to the desert boots please!

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#72 2017-02-05 09:54:51

Yuca

More Hutton desert boots in stock. Are they worth 135GBP plus shipping? Does anyone have a discount code? What is the sizing like in comparison to UK Clarks sizing? What's their policy on Israel?

some sort of banal legitimacy

#73 2017-02-05 09:59:51

Yuca

And where can I get a pair in authentic bleeding madras?

some sort of banal legitimacy

#74 2017-02-06 03:22:33

Acton_Baby

Astorflex's are nicer boots and cheaper.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#75 2017-02-06 05:33:03

GeorgieBoy

'Boom years' only please.

Yuca wrote:

And where can I get a pair in authentic bleeding madras?

Board footer