You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-21 08:16:46

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Charles and Ray Eames

Me and Mrs Woof are heading off to the Barbican for a shuftie at this tomorrow........

http://www.dezeen.com/2015/10/20/the-world-of-charles-and-ray-eames-exhibition-barbican-london-uk/

Anyone else been?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#2 2015-11-21 10:02:13

Acton_Baby

Re: Charles and Ray Eames

^ woof,
didn't get to see much of it as I was working dow there , from what I saw it looked great particularly the architectural models.

I've got a proper visit planned for next week and also a visit to Tate Modern to check out the Alexander Calder exhibit.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#3 2015-11-21 11:07:41

formby1

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#4 2015-11-21 11:27:07

rmpmcdermott

There is also an amazing documentary about the Eames' that PBS did and it's streaming in full. I highly recommend it.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/charles-ray-eames-the-architect-and-the-painter-watch-the-full-documentary-film/1950/

To be, or not to be; that is the bare bodkin. - Mark Twain

#5 2015-11-21 12:21:59

Turrentine

Ah yes that is a 'must see'  for me and my son, who at the tender age of 11 tells me that he will blow his first pay cheque on the 670 lounger and ottoman - good to know he has his spending priorities sorted.

#6 2015-11-22 00:24:22

Tomiskinky

On the list, but yet to go. Massive fan of Charles and Ray Eames. At the Barbican today to see Phronesis: Major Tenth part of LJF so might head down early and take in the exhibition first.

#7 2015-11-22 14:15:46

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#8 2015-11-23 00:56:28

Tomiskinky

Didn't get to the exhibit woof just the gig fella, seems you need tickets even of a member and cannot just turn up like other shows and exhibitions!

What I love about eames is they had that holistic approach, film, architecture, furniture they did it all in a time when you could. Today everyone is so pigeon holed - so much so that if you don't have an example say of an Annual Report but 100 other books or magazine you've created they think you probably can't do it?

#9 2015-11-23 09:29:42

Acton_Baby

if your stuck for a gift this festive season, the gift shop at the Barbican has these in stock...

http://shop.barbican.org.uk/collections/the-world-of-charles-ray-eames/products/eames-house-of-cards-large

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

Board footer