You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Warning.. do not buy from West Coast Ivy!

#76 2015-12-25 20:12:33

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: Warning.. do not buy from West Coast Ivy!

Well, not wishing to be lacking in Christmas spirit and good will towards all men, but.......one of our agents in the field has spotted the unmistakeable figure of Young Soul Rebel out and about in San Franscisco. He was observed out for lunch with his with his lady, there were no obvious signs of him having recently been involved in a serious accident....not that you can always tell .... but whatever the case may be he certainly appeared to be fit enough to be capable of mailing a parcel.

Lets hope he makes thing right with Sancho and Kafka soon.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#77 2015-12-25 20:41:25

I am the sea

That's hilarious.

#78 2015-12-25 21:18:51

SanchoPanza

Yeah, kinda hope that too. I'm still waiting on the refund. If I haven't got it next week I will take action. Stay tuned.

#79 2015-12-26 02:18:44

Yuca

The only way he can make things right is to refund both and apologise to both (privately not on here). Let's hope he's man enough to do it. We all make mistakes so now's the time to make restitutions YSR. (It's obvious he's reading this.)

some sort of banal legitimacy

#80 2015-12-26 14:09:35

Harpo
The Best In The West

Randy lower-class trifler

#81 2015-12-27 03:00:21

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#82 2015-12-27 12:57:38

Worried Man

I just packed my "dopp kit" and I'm SF bound.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#83 2015-12-27 14:20:09

Oliver

I have a confession to make: I've been in cahoots with YSR the whole time. We've been trying to draw WM to the Bay Area, Sancho was our sacrifical lamb.

#84 2015-12-27 15:27:24

Worried Man

In that case, I'm transferring to the 7:10 to Biloxi as soon as I hit San Antone!

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#85 2015-12-28 01:40:23

Yuca

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5870515/Catch-me-if-you-can-10-of-the-worlds-greatest-confidence-tricks.html

Number 11 (not listed): YSR, responsible for the Makers Mystery of 2015.

#86 2015-12-28 02:15:01

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I actually corresponded with YSR, having felt an injustice had been served to him: we had already broken the rustic Americana barrier with some of Thee Captain and Bop's offerings which were accepted and praised by the forum, I felt that if these outfits were acceptable, why not YSR in all his tattoo'd glory? He seemed a decent enough chap. And who remembers the wonderful copper plate writing Darcy who was extremely late with sending stuff and then disappeared without trace and was tracked down to this forum by a disgruntled Etsy purchaser who was owed a lot of money having purchased a load of material from her which never arrived?

Also worthy of note at this stage: YSR stated in one of his postings that he had just got out of an induced coma for two weeks following an appendix removal. I thought this was a bit odd as appendix removal operational wise is a walk in the park and having had one the recovery time is next to nothing compared with other operations. The prime danger is not the operation, but being poisoned if it bursts.

I do hope this all gets amicably resolved, but if this has been a method of getting revenge on the forum, then it has only backfired and made YSR look like dodgy character. Why do this to yourself?  But somehow, I can't quite get my head around why a scammer would expose themself with posting photos on the forum and making themself easily recognizable to one and all on the street? Perhaps like Darcy it all became too much.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#87 2015-12-28 04:22:56

Yuca

#88 2015-12-28 10:38:59

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#89 2015-12-28 13:58:35

Yuca

The only 2 posters I can recall having serious reservations about were Mercer16 and YSR. Both of whom turned out to be definite wrong 'uns.

#90 2015-12-29 16:21:26

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

This is appalling, so this guy is prancing around SF  at the time of claiming to have been injured in an RTA ...Yet he owes at least two people money.

A complete Shyster and a no good bastard to boot !

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#91 2015-12-30 00:56:57

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Well, it all depends which part of San Francisco. I always thought it was some kind of beat poet, hippy and LGBT paradise, until I recently found out it many of its districts are crack and metamphetamine central. Perhaps, we should pity him instead?

#92 2015-12-30 01:00:48

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#93 2015-12-30 04:20:19

Yuca

One look at that guy, online or in the real world, says it all.

#94 2015-12-30 04:46:46

SanchoPanza

Wish I could tell myself that. Still waiting for Etsy to come back at me.

#95 2015-12-30 06:23:40

Yuca

I bought from him too so maybe I'm not such a good judge of character. (Although as stated earlier I wasn't one of the ones who got conned.)

#96 2015-12-30 08:20:59

Bop

I've got some experience selling across platforms, and although this seems to be about how everyone feels about YSR from what's happened, I'd have a guess that this is probably whats up. Also it's been wall to wall Poirot this Xmas so Im in the mood for a deduction.

If you list across platforms you run the risk of selling the same product multiple times. If that happened and you didnt check things correctly, and the money came into your account then you could quite easily spend it.

If this happend to yourself and you were stuck for cash then I guess youd look to lay low.

I dont think anyone would go about setting up this type of thing specifically to rip people off..mainly its got no longevity to it..what are you going to make 60 dollars before anyone realises? Not really worth the bother..i think he got himsef in some financial situation maybe by spending money should have been refunding..maybe by mistake, then all the cover story is either a way to buy time..or he's hoping the buyer just gives up.. not the most chivalrous way to go about things.

Anyway thats my guess.

Last edited by Bop (2015-12-30 08:24:07)

#97 2015-12-30 11:17:26

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

I dont think this can be applied to what YSR has done,

Remember he sold the shirt to Yuca on  E bay and then i noticed it relisted on e bay a week later.

At this time Sancho also bought the same shirt on Esty.

#98 2015-12-30 11:36:37

SanchoPanza

..I surely did...still searching for a similar one, but it's hard to find though, haha. Kinda expected.

#99 2015-12-30 11:39:56

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

I am searching for a Blue six button for you young Sancho.

#100 2015-12-30 11:49:02

rmpmcdermott

Last edited by rmpmcdermott (2015-12-30 11:50:50)

To be, or not to be; that is the bare bodkin. - Mark Twain

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Warning.. do not buy from West Coast Ivy!

Board footer