Re: Help needed with colour project..

#27 2016-06-15 00:09:27

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

#28 2016-06-15 00:49:37

Bop

Well, the case for the ancients and others since, was really the harmonic values of the universe..the frequency of planetary movements relating to the vibration of the smallest particle. That is the physical science that some have tried to compile. Yet we typically see astrology as Russel Grant in a purple shirt giving romantic advice on TV-AM.

What we are looking at are those points in the octaves of vibration that give character , which is why sound, light, smell, people etc have characteristics which work with eachother in relationships. This is easily seen in musical systems that can push and pull us, but all vibration sits in these principles of harmonics..arguably nothing exsists outside that in physics

Anyway Im not saying this is the case with how astrology has been interpreted, like with anything ego steps in and whats is often gets replaced with an interpretation from some looking to further their own cause, Im just exploring the work. But I think there is a problem of the dogma of rationality in science..and many great scientists have said the same Einstein being one, it is easy to write something off superficially, but surely it is only really fair to write an idea off after you've explored it in it's entirety if you are willing to, and sensible person should always say I dont know when ignorant to an idea, but we to often protect the ego.

Most people like to be right for their own sake, and not for the sake of knowledge

Last edited by Bop (2016-06-15 01:02:49)

#29 2016-06-15 01:17:48

Yuca

Taurus, brown and blue (I like grey with those 2 but not alone), INTJ.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#30 2016-06-15 04:34:49

Jeff Reed

19 July (Cancer...always pronounced with hard cees)
INTP
Blue

Are we to believe that the alignment of stars at birth and our individual personalities outweigh social and cultural associations in combination with personal experience? I am very skeptical. Blue is worldwide the most popular color. Blue rarely has negative social/cultural connotations. Yellow and brown are much more rarely preferred. A few moments spent analyzing the associations of said colors, while also an intuitive process, at the very least makes more sense than an analysis of what stars were where when one was born.

Most of the color-personality associations that come up in a search are nothing more than our own social/cultural associations. Why is it that those who prefer red are most often described as bold, attention-seeking, sexually-charged people? Because that's what our (western) culture associates most strongly with red. The "meaning" of the color is described, but it's completely divorced from the individual "preferrer". Would "red people" be so "analyzed" if we were reading Chinese pseudoscience? I doubt it.

Here is a description of my personality based upon the color preference of blue:

"Blue: Soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection, conservatism and duty. Patient, persevering, conscientious, sensitive and self-controlled, Blues like to be admired for their steady character and wisdom. They are faithful, but are often worriers with somewhat inflexible beliefs and can be too cautious, and suspicious of flamboyant behavior."

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/favorite-color-personality.html#ixzz4Bdsct5A6 

I am far from compassionate and caring. I'm the very epitome of indifference. I'll give them deliberation and introspection, but not conservatism or duty. Patient...hardly. Persevering, nope...path of least resistance right here. Conscientious...no, I'll keep that library book well past the due date and not give a ****. Sensitive...definitely not...not malicious, but again, indifferent. Self-controlled...yes. Like to be admired for steady character and wisdom? Hahahaha...I doubt many are considering me steady of character and wise to begin with. I'd doubt it for the mass of blue preferrers around the world. Faithful...ok, pretty much. Worrier with inflexible beliefs? Not at all. Cautious and suspicious of flamboyant behavior...cautious, yes. Suspicious of flamboyant behavior? Sometimes, but almost always the reaction is more annoyed than suspicious.

A few hits. A lot of misses. Much like astrology. Much like guessing.

#31 2016-06-15 05:14:36

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

It might be worthwhile bringing the Chinese Zodiac into this.

#32 2016-06-15 05:17:10

Bop

#33 2016-06-15 05:30:31

Bop

#34 2016-06-15 05:40:55

Yuca

#35 2016-06-15 05:54:49

Yuca

As for peach shirts - I sold mine as they made me look ill.

#36 2016-06-15 06:19:32

Kingston1an

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#37 2016-06-15 10:18:23

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Yellow was of course a royal colour back in China during the dynasty's. A commoner would be executed for sporting it.

Green has different meanings too, the wild untamed rioting jungle, or the green green grass of home.

I actually like lots of colours, for different situations too. Blue can be cold also, especially in interior design.

Its bollocks and we all know it, but as Jung knew, it's all valid to get us in touch with our subconscious as is magick.

Last edited by 4F Hepcat (2016-06-15 10:28:51)

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#38 2016-06-16 04:36:54

Bop

My rational mind thinks well seasonal weather has such an effect on our moods I wonder how this effects the neurological system when we are in gestation and then of course those first months etc of us being born...surely that would lay down some ground work on our personalities? Failing that I well up for some puesdo-science spiritualism, heliognostic fun!

#39 2016-06-16 05:04:30

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Depending on what hemisphere you were born in of course.

#40 2016-06-16 07:39:37

Bop

Excatly...its a system born of the northern hemisphere

Board footer