You are not logged in.

#26 2017-01-10 12:23:30

Jeff Reed

Re: Things that annoy you

Keewees. At least everyone in the USA, outside of the Catholic world, would have learned as such for the past 40 years. There's a good case for the v, and a poorer one for the ch. I suppose those who know Latin from the seminary might prefer a cheevis. Still I am bothered.

Ah-vey Maria, fine, but atque in perpetuum, frater, a-weigh atque wal-eh.

#27 2017-01-10 15:52:30

Kingston1an

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#28 2017-01-10 16:27:25

Jeff Reed

1607 and all that.

#29 2017-01-10 16:41:54

Kingston1an

That honorary citation in full :-

SALUTAMUS BEII GEII TRES FRATRI CANTORES IN VOCE FALSETTO NOMINE BARRIUS, ROBINUSQUE ET MAURICIUS EHEU NUNC MORTUUS (QUONDAM UXOR 'LULU', DIVA CELEBRATISSIMA GLASWEGIENSIS CUM CARMINE POPULARE 'CLAMATE!') TRANSFORMAVERUNT MUNDUM MUSICAE DISOTECHNIS CUM JOHANNES TRAVOLTUS HOMO IN TUNICO BLANCO IN ARTEFACTO CINEMATICO 'FEBRUM NOCTIS SATURNALIS'."

Private Eye

Last edited by Kingston1an (2017-01-10 16:50:33)

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#30 2017-01-11 01:29:35

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#31 2017-01-11 08:49:05

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#32 2017-01-11 10:19:42

Beestonplace

"to be honest" is the works of the devil

I LOVE , this foum

#33 2017-01-11 10:58:35

steve mcqueen fan
Agent Ivy.

'it is what is"

"McQueen's message was signaled through subtraction... in a tweed or herringbone jacket and a ribbed swearer he had an electric austerity".

#34 2017-01-11 11:10:22

Kingston1an

#35 2017-01-11 12:10:54

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#36 2017-01-11 12:44:12

Beestonplace

What about ignorant Farsi pronounciations?

I LOVE , this foum

#37 2017-01-11 14:50:07

chatsworth osborne jr.

Last edited by chatsworth osborne jr. (2017-01-11 15:03:58)

#38 2017-01-11 15:28:02

ForeignHand

Someone at work inadvertently sends an email to the wrong distribution list, causing the email to arrive in the inbox of dozens, maybe hundreds, of unintended recipients. That's not what annoys me. Mistakes happen. What drives me absolutely nuts is when people - usually several of them - use "Reply to All" to say that the email was sent to them in error. No shit. If you simply bother to look at who the email was sent to, you'll easily see that it was sent to scores of people in error. You're not special. So rather than recognize the mistake, delete it and move on, they compound the mistake by putting yet another useless email in everyone's inbox. And it's never just one person. Maybe a dozen morons will reply to all to say they shouldn't have gotten the email. So one erroneous email results in me having to delete a dozen or so erroneous emails. When it happens, I think someone in HR should record the names of the offenders, and next time the company launches a cost-cutting initiative, these people should be the first ones to go.

I am also annoyed by people who turn on their hazard lights when driving in the rain. Clueless, not to mention a violation of traffic laws.

#39 2017-01-11 15:57:35

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Where two lanes of traffic are merging into one and all the sheep are queuing up in the inside lane; those self appointed arseholes who sit in the outside lane to stop anyone coming up the outside, thereby creating more congestion.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#40 2017-01-11 17:44:35

steve mcqueen fan
Agent Ivy.

"McQueen's message was signaled through subtraction... in a tweed or herringbone jacket and a ribbed swearer he had an electric austerity".

#41 2017-01-12 00:53:41

Beestonplace

Kheili khoob!

I LOVE , this foum

#42 2017-01-12 02:29:01

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Golf bores who on introducing themselves can't resist bringing their little hobby immediately into the discourse by doing an invisible putt on the green complete with resplendent sound of ball rolling into the hole. If I cared enough about your pastimes and you, I would invite you for a drink or to a restuarant, but thanks for raising it, good night and good luck!

QHSE Managers who have turned the implementation of all the quality, health and environment management standards into a laughing stock. I really don't care how you dispose of your flourescent lighting, all your bleach is bio-degradable, or that you have golden safety rules telling your employees to wear seat belts and that you have an in-depth procedure complete with absorbent granules for coping with oil spills from car engines leaking in your staff car park. What about your bloody great dirty petro-chemical refinery spewing shite into the nature reserve and local estuary?

Then there's the obligatory over elaborate and "Thou shall not...." filled Code of Conduct signifying nothing, or that you are quite possibly definitely open to bribes delivered by brown envelopes. Filled to the brim of references to UN charters, pages and pages on diversity policy, commitment to society and the environment, fair and honest treatment of minorities, blah de blah de 'effing blah. Then you have to take the whole weighty tome to the cleaning lady to get her to sign with the wonderful get-out-clause and real reason that they have such a document, the clause that warns them that any breach will result in immediate and heavy handed disciplinary action. Please sign below....

#43 2017-01-12 02:48:38

Beestonplace

Golf, wine and cigar bores. Oh, and clothes bores.

I LOVE , this foum

#44 2017-01-13 01:26:53

Nemesis

Steatopygic females

Back with a vengeance.

#45 2017-01-13 01:33:28

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#46 2017-01-13 02:01:32

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

This is something that many expats here in The Netherlands find quite disconcerting at first.....the overly long Dutch stare (I am talking about walking down the street passing strangers). In other cultures when someone looks at you and then you make eye contact they back off by looking away. The Dutch continue to stare and it can sometimes be followed by a rye facial expression. It's mainly men by the way and they're not checking you out. Some say they only do it to strangers, others that they do it to everyone and women do it to. It most cultures such a stare would be considered bad manners, or a precurser before "'Here wot are you looking at?" followed by a head butt.

I find it quite annoying, especially when followed by the rye turn of the mouth which I interpet as almost looking at you in a condescending and superior manner. Others interpret it differently, an old colleague of mine once exclaimed "I am sick to death of these Dutch guys looking at me as if I can give them a life!" He was a big pot smoker, so I imagine his nerves could be quite frayed at times when dealing with this.

#47 2017-01-13 02:41:28

Nemesis

Cheese heads are annoying generally.  Harry Einfield and his chum got it right with the Dutch coppers routine.

Back with a vengeance.

#48 2017-01-13 03:40:52

Beestonplace

Dutch coppers are super.

Enfield is a genius.

I LOVE , this foum

#49 2017-01-13 05:18:08

RobbieB

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#50 2017-01-13 07:00:42

steve mcqueen fan
Agent Ivy.

Board footer