•  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Design Imput Sought For "Bleeding" Madras Sports Jacket

#76 2017-02-08 05:20:03

chatsworth osborne jr.

Re: Design Imput Sought For "Bleeding" Madras Sports Jacket

Seeing how there are online plaid pattern generators,like so
https://patternizer.com/
http://plaidmaker.com/
I don't see how making the pattern is so difficult.  In my ideal, one simply grabs an old tartan, removes some of the finer lines, and swaps in muted olive, a darker blue, brown or tan, mustard, etc.  Scale is important, of course, but I'm failing to see how one cannot grab inspiration from a photo and make a good approximation from it.

#77 2017-02-08 09:30:10

aucociscokid2

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 10:57:45)

#78 2017-02-08 09:43:25

Yuca

It's not that no one liked that plaid, it's more that it's totally unsuitable for a jacket, and that was supposedly the subject of the thread.

Last edited by Yuca (2017-02-08 10:47:18)

some sort of banal legitimacy

#79 2017-02-08 09:59:18

aucociscokid2

Members thought it was unsuited for a jacket. A jacket specifically was the topic of the posting in this thread. I stand corrected. I also said the manufacturer - who has the reputation of being the best tailor in the US - is going to be doing shirts, shorts, trousers, etc. Initially they'd like to do them in 2 patterns. The blue stripe and the plaid. They going with the blue stripe and are considering a substitute plaid.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 10:00:15)

#80 2017-02-08 10:04:23

Sid Ford

#81 2017-02-08 10:26:34

GeorgieBoy

#82 2017-02-08 11:06:48

aucociscokid2

And I'm autistic? Even Members here have suggested changes to the "boom era" "bleeding" madras jacket, i.e. hook vents and patch pockets. Or Press-style jackets vs. BB ones. Members are 100% satisfied with the "boom" era jacket? There's not 1 detail they'd change?We're not out to copy anything, but to be innovative; original. The best. What's so hard to understand about that? Geez! You think the "boom era" jacket is great. Terrific. I hear that.

Where I have disagreed with anything ANY member has suggested?

The next ? is do you have suggestions for a plaid pattern?

I think even the manufacturer thinks their original one could be better.

You have no ideas? Suggestions? I'm OK with that, too.

Geez!

Is this so difficult?

This is like tedious.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 11:10:58)

#83 2017-02-08 11:11:44

Acton_Baby

This thread is a farce,
an ignorant salesman schilling his own product decides to tell us why we're wrong about what we want from a madras jacket.

Your constant alluding to 'best tailor in Brooklyn' bollocks is wearing a bit thin,
if your tailor is that good why not go with what they suggest and fuck what we think on this forum ?

The smell of bullshit emanating from each of your posts is becoming tedious and nauseating.

Please do the decent thing and fuck off somewhere else to punt your products,
while it's truly hilarious to see you flail about on here,
we obviously aren't your market and you don't seem to have the marketing skills or tailoring knowledge to change our minds.

Last edited by Acton_Baby (2017-02-08 12:13:02)

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#84 2017-02-08 11:21:48

Sid Ford

#85 2017-02-08 11:24:32

Sid Ford

#86 2017-02-08 12:37:47

Yuca

some sort of banal legitimacy

#87 2017-02-08 13:00:09

aucociscokid2

I also said that perhaps this discussion should be moved to the Wardrobe thread. But, it seems the same Members view it as this thread.

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about anything. You guys want a "boom era" jacket. OK. That's the 2nd (or 3rd) time I said that. You don't have any suggestions as far as other (better) patterns as far as jacket is concerned? I'm OK with that, too.

I legitimately started the thread with the intent of soliciting your opinion(s) as to the above-two subjects. Some Members showed me the respect of properly addressing those topics. Others? They just - repeatedly - engage in ad hominem attacks and really have nothing to say. The ad hominem attacks ain't that good (or original) either. Those Members - in my opinion - degrade FNB and insult not just me, but all the other Members, especially those who've made useful, intelligent posts. Those comments have nothing to do with madras, or clothing, or Ivy style. They really have nothing to do with anything.

Sad.

The vulgarity engaged in by some Members is completely no-class. Shows their lack of education or breeding. Or knowledge of English. Again: Degrades - in my opinion - FNB and all the Members. I who uses words like they do? Why?

Assuming - and for the sake of argument - this is a rouse to sell Members jackets: How many would that be? 1? 2? So: Why would anybody do it? Niche marketing is one thing. But, that's ridiculous. But, then again, that where this discussion had degraded to.

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 13:34:23)

#88 2017-02-08 14:04:42

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

I have two words for you.....the first begins with "F" and the second one is "off".

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#89 2017-02-08 14:06:08

Acton_Baby

FUCK OFF !!!!!!
Is that in your 'knowledge of English', just in case you didn't get the above message wink

The reason for ad hominem attacks is because we have no problem with the fabric,
it's your repellent personality that we find annoying/hilarious*.

(* delete as applicable/ or just fuck off).

Last edited by Acton_Baby (2017-02-08 14:07:02)

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#90 2017-02-08 14:08:22

Bradley

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PlacidVintage

#91 2017-02-08 14:16:46

stanshall

/\  re design elements for your proposed jacket, how about no padding in the shoulders, very light construction, three buttons rolling to two, two buttons on the sleeve, short center vent, minimal lining, flap pockets, and raised seams and edges, in subdued wearable madras plaids?

if you want to do this stuff right, it's really easy.  just do exactly as I said above.

madras stripes are not pleasing the people here.  there were no striped madras sport coats during the heyday of Ivy.  (if there were, they were extremely rare.  I haven't found any pics of them and I've got lots of old pics.)  madras was in plaid, seersucker was striped.

easy.

what I'd like to see are brass-clasped madras swim trunks in a 9" walk-short length with side pockets that have drain holes and a rear pocket with a flap that buttons.

and shawl collared bathrobes in madras.

good luck.

Last edited by stanshall (2017-02-09 02:12:32)

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#92 2017-02-08 14:25:52

aucociscokid2

How would any of my potential customers know anything about what transpires here? Near as I can tell hardly anybody knows (or cares) about what transpires hereon. I mean it's always the same few guys who keep posting. I got to believe that either one of you is a theoretical competitor - or friends (or otherwise associated) - and just wishes to torpedo this for their own self-serving purposes. I also have to believe that the obnoxiousness covers up something else (lack of knowledge?). Look at Pres. Trump he's obnoxious (and odious). Look at what he's covering up with it. Hey! He's so obnoxious he could be a Member here. Are one of you guys he?

@Stanshall. I guess we've already decided to do what most of what you suggest as far as the jacket is concerned. There was some discussion as to whether there should be hooked vents (or not) and patch pockets. That' all. The whole thing is a tempest in a teapot (instigated by some of you guys). I can't believe it!

Christos!

The only other thing I requested was some other suggestions as to patterns. Respectfully and politely I believe.

I've been agreeing with 100% of your suggestions. You tell people in agreement with you to f**k-off??? How bizarre!

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 14:42:29)

#93 2017-02-08 15:09:22

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#94 2017-02-08 15:52:58

Tomiskinky

Blimey...

#95 2017-02-08 21:30:15

stanshall

#96 2017-02-08 22:54:12

aucociscokid2

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-08 23:01:15)

#97 2017-02-08 23:28:06

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#98 2017-02-08 23:57:07

aucociscokid2

If you were capable of reading/reading w/comprehension, woofboxer, you would know that I regard SOME (not the majority) Members' opinions as intelligent, polite, and of value. That doesn't mean I have to agree, does it? That's fascist, isn't it? It's food for thought. What ever happened to discourse/dialogue? I can't think for myself? Great!

My (and my wife's opinions) have no value? I mean we lived in The Sixties and wore madras. You guys ought to be listening to us, instead of vice versa. wouldn't you think?

I wonder how many Members who live in the UK, voted in favor of Brexit, and the crapper in which that vote put the UK (and - to some extent - the US, too).

Are you guys EVER going to make a comment about madras. If not: Perhaps the moderators ought to turn this into the aucociscokid thread.

GEEZ!

Last edited by aucociscokid2 (2017-02-09 00:04:12)

#99 2017-02-09 00:50:38

Tomiskinky

#100 2017-02-09 01:29:50

stanshall

/\  please show us a pic of a boldly striped madras sport coat from the Ivy heyday, I've never seen one ........

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Design Imput Sought For "Bleeding" Madras Sports Jacket

Board footer