4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Turnbull & Asser Spring and Summer 2017

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#2 2017-02-13 12:30:07

Beestonplace

Re: Turnbull & Asser Spring and Summer 2017

Much better.

BTW did the online design-your-own-shirt option disappear?

#3 2017-02-13 17:31:50

Johnny's Lobbster

225€ for RTW? I pay less for bespoke made of DJ Anderson fabric.

#4 2017-02-13 22:51:48

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Johnny's Lobbster wrote:

I bought this one recently at my local store. Certainly far more expensive at full retail in my local store than on the website, close to double the price. Luckily l got it below retail. $600 for otr shirts is really pushing it.
http://turnbullandasser.co.uk/shirt-whb … ton-cuff-9

The prices for shirts like T&A in Australia are really high and it's at the point where it is a cheaper outlay to go bespoke if one can spare the time.

Buff's Bastards......exposing message board inanity and keeping false GODS accountable since 2006!

Cooked food should be made illegal - Dr Jubb (Jubsy)

#5 2017-02-14 00:58:32

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Johnny's Lobbster wrote:

T&A use Thomas Mason and other Albini Group threads, which DJ Anderson is also a part of. So likely cloth is comparable, although if you start going into the 200's with T&A it will be Euros 295 plus a shirt.

Well, with T&A you are buying their look. The bold cloth patterns and colour schemes and the collar which is as distinctive as a Brooks Brothers collar roll. Albeit, this one doesn't roll at all.

I don't buy any of the seasonal range until they hit the sales. Then they come down significantly and you can pay in the region of Euros 110-135, or two for 180. This seems eminently reasonable to me. The ties are good value in the sales too.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#6 2017-03-01 15:30:37

Beestonplace

Actually, there is one pattern which I have seen in their shop last week but couldnt find online - it looks like a very fine tattersall check but with varying spacing, with red and or yellow.

#7 2017-03-04 08:38:05

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

The_Shooman wrote:

Johnny's Lobbster wrote:

I bought this one recently at my local store. Certainly far more expensive at full retail in my local store than on the website, close to double the price. Luckily l got it below retail. $600 for otr shirts is really pushing it.

The prices for shirts like T&A in Australia are really high and it's at the point where it is a cheaper outlay to go bespoke if one can spare the time.

Is that due to duties and shipping? Because, that's an awfully high premium.

Le costume fait sur mesure en tissue Fresco est le préféré des ploucs!
Facebook: FNB Dandy  Twitter: @DevilsIslandFNB Instagram: fnbdandy

#8 2017-03-04 12:34:14

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Film Noir Buff wrote:

The_Shooman wrote:

Johnny's Lobbster wrote:

Is that due to duties and shipping? Because, that's an awfully high premium.

Not sure, but dress shirts and the finer clothing is always very pricey in Australia. Often there are no other places to buy it so people have no choice but to pay. It's always been like that in Australia, so you don't see many people dressed on the real good stuff here.

Buff's Bastards......exposing message board inanity and keeping false GODS accountable since 2006!

Cooked food should be made illegal - Dr Jubb (Jubsy)

Board footer