You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-15 15:26:04

An Unseen Scene

Strange to think

Hi all,
I did a speech tonight and realised after I was dressed in:
Jaeger 3/2 unstructured sack jacket, natural shoulder, hook vent in a limited run of sourced old Indigo fabric
Nick Bronson brown silk knitted tie
Poplin Acquascutum button down white shirt with unlined rolling collar
Marks & Spencer navy flat front trousers
Sanders black Derby shoes
Alessi Tic watch

All Ivy in style and none of it American!  Doesn't mean anything in itself of course.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2017-03-15 15:26:39)

#2 2017-03-15 16:24:52

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: Strange to think

The waistlines of M&S appear to be higher than they were a few years ago but the the quality seems to be lower.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2017-03-15 16:49:35

An Unseen Scene

M&S are decidedly odd.  They have multiple lines of almost identical trousers apart from the material available at once, so I pay for their premium wool/cotton line as appropriate for winter/summer and avoid the nasty high polyester level cheaper trousers.  The trousers are okay if you buy the better line in-store, I'd never buy M&S online.  I've given up on their shirts and jackets as the sizing, fit and quality is all over the place these days it seems.  For trousers they are still useful.   

As you say the waist remains decent and not the hipster fit others are going for these days.

#4 2021-10-20 05:10:55

A Fine Sadness

On the subject of M&S, their old lambswool v-necks are still nice.  I found one yesterday in that shade of grey that reminds me of the classic American sweatshirt we all know and love.  Their lambswool scarves are also decent when found Made In England.  More 'Poundshop' dressing, Sammy.  But it may be that old M&S is nicer than 'iconic' Alan Paine.

Board footer