You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-30 14:13:12

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Summer's on its Way

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#2 2017-03-30 18:01:04

Chipper

Re: Summer's on its Way

White Vans canvas sneaks. (Already wearing.)
Blue Vans Old Skool sneaks. (Wear these year round actually.)
Navy Vans coaches jacket for the cool evenings. (I wear this year round, actually.)
The two cool T-shirts I picked up from Yellow Rat last summer.
The madras short-sleeved shirt I picked up from Yellow Rat last summer.
My three pairs of Birdwell swim trunks.
My new stone-colored slim-fit Barracuta jacket. (Already wearing this, actually.)
Levi's slouchy white jeans.
The J. Crew polo shirts I bought last summer.
The Pendleton polo shirts I bought the summer before last.
My O'Connell's white bucket hat.
My retro Milwaukee Braves baseball cap. (I might want to get another baseball cap this summer. Need to decide what team.)
My Bailey of Hollywood Panama straw hat (for less casual attire).

Last edited by Chipper (2017-03-30 18:05:06)

#3 2017-03-30 22:33:22

stanshall

just threw a box of '80s & '90s t-shirts I recently discovered into the washing machine ... mixed bag of old faves from '82-'02 ... bunch of Lafayette Street classics making with the freak-freak once again .....

I wear t-shirts, poplin walk shorts from J. Press, Incontinence pants shorts, custom board shorts from OC, go through t-shirts like crazy in the summer, all kinds of t-shirts, my faves are all freebies of course but I guess my summer resolution is to buy a couple or three new t-shirts and keep it fresh

which reminds me to go put the t-shirts in the dryer .....

couple of pairs of new sneakers might be on the horizon, last summer yielded a few keepers, I've got a bit of a stockpile so I really just want a couple of backup Chucks and Vans and a pair of Pumas ....

another pair or two of lightweight cotton trousers

I am looking forward to busting out my recently acquired Brooks Brothers short-sleeved Makers and indeed other selections from the cache I was inspired to assemble several years ago by the monumental Tech Ivy thread.  Grateful thanks for all the key heads-ups I've received from my homies here.

A shout-out to Thee Captain, Ackersby, Marlowe, Oxy, Bop, and everybody else, all the other hip-hoppers, ballers, dirtbags, and t-shirt wearers here. 

wearing a partially sun-bleached tropical island t-shirt freebie from a recently cleared vinyl record warehouse and a vintage pair of cotton drawstring surf jams right now, because it's summertime right now where I'm at.

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#4 2017-03-31 01:33:25

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Stan of the endless summer!! Its quite warm here now so it will soon be time for the grand ceremonial wardrobe changeover - the heavyweight winter stuff like the flannel shirts, shetlands, tweeds and wool overcoats is cleaned and folded as applicable and it goes away in the loft. Down comes the summer kit, lightweight jackets, madras, end on end long sleeve BDs for work, seersucker, polos, Ts - like rediscovering old friends. Of course with UK seasons it's a matter of fine judgement as to when this changeover takes place, it can be short sleeves one day and frost the next at this time of year, but if I jump too soon there's always a field jacket hanging in the hallway to see me through.

I have a monumental pair of stone colored OC cotton trousers that I got on a trip last year, I'm particularly looking forward to wearing them this year but they need a visit to the alterator to be hemmed and cuffed up. I've got some of those J Press walk shorts in my sights too , the proper buckle back ones that Stan talks about, do they still make them?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#5 2017-03-31 02:20:15

Kingston1an

The big clear plastic containers you can get from Wilko are useful for packing things away.

I always leave coats and jackets hanging on rails though in covers.

This usually prompts thoughts on how much stuff I have and from there thoughts on minimalist wardrobes.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#6 2017-03-31 05:03:08

Chipper

I bought green Pumas last summer as well. I'll three shoes in rotation for playtime. Pumas, Vans, and Vans. I really like my Vans, may need to pick up another pair.

No shorts for this kid, aside from my trunks.

I really haven't any other desires. Maybe another pair of Levi's or two.

#7 2017-03-31 09:53:37

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

I've decided to look a bit more presentable. Usually clad in a t-shirt and shorts, I've decided to up my game with more Madras shirts or some other suitable short sleeve shirt. I am choosy about patterns and colors. Nothing too outrageous, please. Between O'Connell's tariff and unexciting choices at Lands' End, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

#8 2017-03-31 10:07:14

stanshall

#9 2017-04-02 05:28:58

marlowe v2.0

Last edited by marlowe v2.0 (2017-04-02 05:36:01)

#10 2017-04-02 08:40:35

Chipper

Sperry boat shoes, too. Originals, brown. I don't care what anybody says. Besides, I live in a harbor town.

#11 2017-04-02 19:35:36

Berkeley_Breathes

Great thread. I'm going for an all-out 80s prep look this summer (after I get out of uniform that is)... seersucker and chinos, chino shorts and polos, boat shoes, sunglasses on Chums... but I can't resist those Hawaiian shirts!

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#12 2017-04-16 19:42:15

stanshall

#13 2017-04-17 16:11:42

Berkeley_Breathes

Is that one white and one blue sneaker on RFK??

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#14 2017-04-17 22:34:50

stanshall

#15 2017-04-30 16:59:36

stanshall

#16 2017-04-30 18:00:40

Chipper

Last edited by Chipper (2017-04-30 18:04:05)

#17 2017-04-30 18:43:00

stanshall

#18 2017-04-30 18:52:40

stanshall

#19 2017-04-30 19:01:58

Berkeley_Breathes

stan, stop making me drool. 45 degrees and raining here today.

#20 2017-05-01 05:50:45

Patrick

I think most American men look like hell in shorts, even the ones who make an effort, and they should stop being a public nuisance and eyesore. This includes me.

There, I said it.

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#21 2017-05-01 09:27:20

Berkeley_Breathes

#22 2017-05-01 10:58:52

stanshall

/\  not down here ..... people look great in shorts for the most part and when they don't I'm moving so fast I can't see them go by .....

seriously, I learned from an early age to pay little attention to my own handsomeness and to not focus too hard on other people's physical shortcomings, but that being said, last Friday in my second-favorite coffee shop near the beach I saw a European tourist in cut-off jeans and it reminded me that I have never been a fan of cut-offs or jean shorts, having been indoctrinated against them since childhood ....

on the other hand I used to see this one guy with porcine features and a ponytail walking around New York in shorts in the winter and it made me want to hurl .....

but a nice pair of J. Press or O'Connell's poplins, cotton twills, or madras can help any dude look alright in walk shorts and I recommend them .....

#23 2017-05-01 12:54:51

Berkeley_Breathes

#24 2017-05-01 13:24:12

stanshall

#25 2017-05-01 14:34:30

Berkeley_Breathes

Board footer