You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-25 10:34:43

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

How long is yours ? i am a 9 inch man.

I do means shorts.
I believe a mans shorts should be cut above the knee.
9 inch inseam does the trick for me....what about you ?

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#2 2017-06-25 12:55:43

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: How long is yours ? i am a 9 inch man.

I notice that few people have even had the courage to open this thread Armchaired.

Today I am sporting a pair of Dickies workwear shorts with a 10 inch inseam, these sit halfway up my knee cap, which I think is okay but I certainly wouldn't want anything longer. Anything longer isn't really usable.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2017-06-27 04:59:00

Thee Captain

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#4 2017-06-27 06:52:31

oxford cloth button down

i have a variety from 6"-9". 8" is just about perfect for me. I am also particular about the leg opening. Too many modern shorts have very slim legs.

#5 2017-06-27 07:58:42

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

I prefer them a little longer, 11" or right about where the bottom bisects the knees.
Not too slim, not too baggy.

#6 2017-06-27 12:09:58

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#7 2017-06-27 12:25:27

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#8 2017-06-27 15:28:03

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#9 2017-06-27 21:22:48

stanshall

/\  I live in poplin walk shorts just like those ....

just checked a pair of my J. Press poplins from the early '00s, they're 18 inches overall and have an inseam of 8.5 inches, they're great for me ... have had multiple pairs of these in navy, tan, and oyster over the years ....

and now a pair of J. Press madras shorts at 19.75 inches overall with an inseam of 9.25 inches, excellent pair in Dress Gordon ....

my Birdwells are 17 inches overall with a seven-inch inseam, that was the standard mid-sized length ....

currently wearing some old gray six-pocket sailing shorts, 18 inches overall with an inseam of 7.5 inches, these are probably the shortest I have but they're old-school sailing shorts, I have them in gray, navy, tan, and white, I use them as swim trunks as well:

In 1965, Sportif began as a small business in southern California, headed by John G. Kirsch. In true entrepreneurial style, Kirsch sold tennis shorts from the back of the family's station                                                wagon, gradually building a reputation for quality and comfort. As this reputation grew, so did the market for high-quality outdoor clothing. Tennis shorts led to hiking, which led to  fishing and nautical apparel…and so the Sportif brand took shape. By 1968, Sportif had developed the first stretch fabric in the outdoor/boating industry, and its Original 6-Pocket Stretch Shorts were becoming a staple for outdoorsmen nationwide. In the early 70’s, John moved with his wife and children to the Sierra Nevadas, where his blossoming manufacturing business took root. For the next two decades, Sportif would continue to be an innovator in the outdoor clothing industry, as one of the first companies to utilize Gore-Tex and sun-protective fabrics. In the world of private label contracting, Sportif established itself as a premier manufacturer for companies like Eddie Bauer, L.L. Bean, and others.

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

Board footer