You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-03 07:33:43

An Unseen Scene

What Ivy wear do you want for Autumn?

The nights are drawing in, the wardrobe is in transition so what are complementing it with this Autumn?

#2 2017-09-03 08:13:21

stanshall

Re: What Ivy wear do you want for Autumn?

/\  down here in the tropics we only have wet and dry seasons, or warm and hot, but if I were back in a place that experienced four seasons I would be sweater-happy.

Always got a charge from sweaters, I love the smell of new clean wool, so my answer is that if I was back in the Northeast I would pick up some new sweaters.

(But I'm not and I've got a lot of sweaters anyway but that's what I used to do near the beginning of the school year in September, wander into good old J. Press, breathe in the exotic enticing Shaggy Dog perfume, and pick up a new sweater in a shade of blue or gray I didn't already have.)

Actually, this year I'd like to pick up a couple of new sack suits, so I'll be checking out shoulders and hopefully finding something natural enough to get along with, otherwise I'll have a couple made, haven't needed new suits for years, now I could use one or two new ones to replace a few that have been decommissioned.

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#3 2017-09-03 08:36:20

Babbling Brooks

Some bean duck mocs...not to be confused with the soya bean moc duck I get from the health twig shop.

Erm, I'd love a new watch cap my Goodwear one has had it, I'd like lots of brushed cotton button downs to go under my down vest...I'd like some lined jeans.

What else, lots of pairs of rag wool socks, and I'd still like to get a pair of Bean country walkers

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere.

#4 2017-09-03 09:08:44

Martyn

I'm looking forward to wearing blucher mocs with rag wool socks and cord trousers. Barbour Bedale on top for practicality.

#5 2017-09-03 22:53:41

Berkeley_Breathes

Awesome topic Unseen... this has been on my mind so much lately... I for one am very excited for the return of OCBD weather, I sweat like a pig in hot weather so any kind of long sleeve is off-limits for me until cool weather comes back... Several Mercers are on my list for fall...

I also want the duck mocs, Babbling, great call... I also need to waterproof the uppers on my regular Bean boots... Had them resoled last year so all is good there, the stitching finally went but though it took a while they did an awesome job refurbishing the whole shebang...

Many more pairs of Wigwam 625s and El Pines...

Some flannel-lined leather slippers from Bean, my old Sorel slippers are looking quite sad these days... Just hauled my chamois robe out, looking forward to wearing that again...

Lambswool crewneck and v-neck sweaters...

A new (or old) LL Bean field coat, I need to replace mine... I also have my eye on Schaefer Ranchwear's point blanket-lined denim jacket with full-grain leather collar, stan you need to check it out...

Fall into winter is where I really come into my own... Great topic, I don't have enough to say on this... and don't get me started on what I already own and am itching to wear - jeans and a white t-shirt and v-neck sweater, Viyella shirts, corduroy or tweed sport jackets and ties, Norwegian and Icelandic sweaters, Kellsport sweatpants and hoodies, Wallabees...

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#6 2017-09-03 23:39:10

Pennies_and_Oxfords

I've only got 'wet' and 'dry' seasons due to the Monsoon season. I love that half of the year. It's as close as we get to Autumn, and I treat it as such. I usually wear jeans, an OCBD, maybe a sweater or a Harrington with a pair of loafers when it has finished raining or the M-51 and Wingtips when it's still raining. Recently though, I've got myself a London Fog so I'm hoping to use that more often. Hope to get a fedora, too. I hate carrying umbrellas around.

36R | 15/32 | 32x29.5 | EU42 | 7 3/8

#7 2017-09-04 02:32:24

An Unseen Scene

Here in UK we have had a notable drop in temperature and light in last couple of weeks, more rain too.  It's time for long sleeve polos rather than short, loafers and Mocs starting the change to more robust shoes, raincoats and light wool jackets.  With our changeable weather we could easily get a late warm spell, but it does not seem like it for now.

The Lands End twill tattersal shirt has been a good buy in last week, same as this year at double the price but got from sale section. Good roll on colour, longer than usual LE. 

No jackets or coats I 'need' this season but always on the look out for that elusive perfect item.

#8 2017-09-04 07:38:58

An Unseen Scene

So after moving the air conditioning unit today in my little home office to a heater, the weather is now hot and humid.... Inbetween Days.

A Supima long sleeve polo today is perfect - light in weave but long sleeved for colder morning.

#9 2017-09-04 08:03:08

GeorgieBoy

Bean boots. London fog raincoat.

#10 2017-09-04 08:20:54

An Unseen Scene

I do appreciate the London Fog raincosts but they run too long on me.  Thankfully other equivalents abound but the LF ones are always good.

#11 2017-09-04 09:34:26

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

Record setting heat out here on the Left Coast. I'll have a better idea in October.

#12 2017-09-04 10:41:48

Pennies_and_Oxfords

36R | 15/32 | 32x29.5 | EU42 | 7 3/8

#13 2017-09-04 12:12:25

GeorgieBoy

#14 2017-09-04 12:28:52

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

This autumn I will mainly be wearing vintage Brooks OCBDs, LL Bean tattershalls, Grenfell harringtons, Hertling twills and Paraboot shoes.

I am psyching myself up for the purchase of an Aero Highwayman leather jacket which will double up as motorcycle kit and also for those occasions when I want to project a seriously rugged 'Thee Captain' look on the streets, with my Stetson newsboy pulled down over my eyes. I say 'pysching myself up' because of the expenditure involved, so I may never achieve the necessary level of committment, particularly if some more mundane but essential contingency arises.

However, before then I'm off to Lyon in France next week, where its 27C and madras and linen get one more roll of the dice.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#15 2017-09-04 13:24:58

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

This Autumn/fall  i will be unpacking my cords and flannel /tartan shirts.
As is customary for me, the camp mocs get packed away and the blucher mocs(when wet) and desert boots(when dry) come out to play.
The unlined Baxter state parka too.

Its also time for me to unpack my heavier OCBDs (its been 5 months since i wore a uni/candy stripe).
I more excited about the winter to be honest , Bean lined chinos,Shetlands and the inaugural outing of my Bean Maine wardens parka.

Last edited by Armchaired (2017-09-04 13:25:55)

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#16 2017-09-04 13:55:57

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

^ now the inaugural outing of a seminal garment like that is an occasion to be savoured.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#17 2017-09-04 13:58:59

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#18 2017-09-04 22:43:07

stanshall

I'm kind of overstocked and don't need much besides a new suit, but there are a few things I wouldn't mind getting even though I basically have no room for anything new:

needlepoint key fob
rain poncho
nylon anorak (USA)
special secret sweater(s) from O'Connell's (Scotland)
rubber rainboots (USA and/or France)
colored ragg socks in cotton (USA)
long-sleeve pocket t-shirt in hemp and cotton (USA)
long-sleeve thermal waffle t-shirt
reverse-weave hoodie
knit beanie(s)/bobcap(s)/ski cap(s) (USA, England)
reissue '80s-style running shoes
Cordura backpack (USA)
canvas briefcase (USA)

#19 2017-09-05 00:36:25

Babbling Brooks

Last edited by Babbling Brooks (2017-09-05 06:36:02)

#20 2017-09-05 08:22:13

stanshall

#21 2017-09-05 09:38:40

Babbling Brooks

Ha, I knew I'd seen that hair somewhere before.... the second one is a bit tropical. ..what is it with bright colours ?

#22 2017-09-05 11:23:06

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#23 2017-09-05 12:26:56

stanshall

#24 2017-09-06 06:09:23

Patrick

Cords, moleskins, big fat bastard shoes. Tweed jackets, sweaters, neckties with orange in them somewhere. I'm ready, I don't need anything except maybe some new socks.

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#25 2017-09-07 04:10:57

Thee Captain

I need nuttin’ really but still feeling the lurve for waistcoasts/vests/gilets/…whatever the fook we is calling ‘em these days so maybe another Bean or 2…

Really love the Universal Works waisties tbh…probably cos the fit works for me…and always noice to have a bit of modern tat in the wardrobe methinks..

Probably have a butcher’s at Patagonia too…I got a vintage fleece chore style coat towards the end of last winter so hoping to give that a run out here n there.. not sure if it really works…but hey…that’s never stopped me before…

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

Board footer