You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-02 03:31:38

Beestonplace

Bengal stripes heaven bliss I love'em BENGAL BIATCH

Oh baby Bengal stripes. So conservative, not fashionable, trad, backwards.

Ginghams are too busy, too effeminate. My T&A bengals are like children to me, or lovers.
https://cdnc.lystit.com/photos/7d88-2015/05/30/turnbull-asser-blue-blue-bengal-stripe-shirt-with-regent-collar-product-1-135312477-normal.jpeg

Last edited by Beestonplace (2017-12-02 03:36:43)

#2 2017-12-02 03:38:22

Beestonplace

Re: Bengal stripes heaven bliss I love'em BENGAL BIATCH

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1802/9221/products/sh11520008_1_1_580x@2x.jpg?v=1501866911

#3 2017-12-02 10:17:40

Berkeley_Breathes

Tell us how you really feel!

I've never felt like I could pull of bengal stripes... Uni stripes and banker stripes, yes...

Bertie: "What do ties matter, Jeeves, at a time like this?"
Jeeves: "There is no time, sir, at which ties do not matter."

#4 2017-12-02 13:05:52

Beestonplace

Ginghams look unnecessarily boyish, and too busy. A light, medium or navy blue/white Bengal, be it with double or single cuff, Kent or button down collar, is crisp, less boring than a plain white or blue shirt, is somewhat "official", has some maritime feel to it, then again it is somewhat sporty and less of a policeman shirt.

Just love them. Candy is too much sometimes, fine Bengal a bit beancounterish. Ginghams are girly, or for Dutchmen with floppy hair and a blazer/navy blue jeans combo as business dress. Tattersall or fine checks are difficult to pair with Hermes ties. Houndstooth or PoW - lets not even go there.

Bengal stripe, sleep with me!

#5 2017-12-02 14:51:55

Berkeley_Breathes

Beestonplace wrote:

Ginghams look unnecessarily boyish, and too busy. A light, medium or navy blue/white Bengal, be it with double or single cuff, Kent or button down collar, is crisp, less boring than a plain white or blue shirt, is somewhat "official", has some maritime feel to it, then again it is somewhat sporty and less of a policeman shirt.

Just love them. Candy is too much sometimes, fine Bengal a bit beancounterish. Ginghams are girly, or for Dutchmen with floppy hair and a blazer/navy blue jeans combo as business dress. Tattersall or fine checks are difficult to pair with Hermes ties. Houndstooth or PoW - lets not even go there.

Do you find it hard to match with a tie so the whole effect isn't too busy?

Bertie: "What do ties matter, Jeeves, at a time like this?"
Jeeves: "There is no time, sir, at which ties do not matter."

#6 2017-12-03 02:02:40

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Nice big gingham under a cashmere cable knit sweater and worn with cords. Its what winters for Beeston.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#7 2017-12-03 02:27:38

Beestonplace

Well - the tie needs to have a certain pattern - ideally a larger "base" and the pattern/motives generously spread over the tie so that there is enough of the base visible to counter the stripes of the shirt.

If the tie is too busy, its better worn with a plain shirt.

THEN AGAIN: Bengal + busy tie can be easily tamed by the frame of a simple navy blue suit and white pocket square. Add a London Tan SAB briefcase and very well polished black oxfords..done.

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

Beestonplace wrote:

Do you find it hard to match with a tie so the whole effect isn't too busy?

#8 2017-12-03 14:17:31

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

They're both very nice, though I rarely wear solid suits, I am happy to wear these shirts with striped ones.

Le costume fait sur mesure en tissue Fresco est le préféré des ploucs!
Facebook: FNB Dandy  Twitter: @DevilsIslandFNB Instagram: fnbdandy

#9 2017-12-04 10:17:49

Kingston1an

Bengal is in the back of the wardrobe as I have less reason to wear suits in retirement. Nice shirts though.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

Board footer