You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-02 13:32:51

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Winter Sales.

Does anybody buy anything RTW inbetween "Black Friday" and the start of the January sales? Given that the sales start on boxing day, even before if you've bought a pair of socks online from places like Drakes and qualify for a VIP pre-sale invite it feels like shops grit their teeth for a lean period which they'd rather start sooner than later.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#2 2019-01-02 14:41:13

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: Winter Sales.

A lot of retailers think that Black Friday, in particular, is very counter productive for their trade. But its a grave decision for them not to take part.

As you say, why buy something if you know its likely to be 30-40% cheaper next week.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2019-01-03 02:32:03

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Clearly we're all thinking the same. I was going to buy a grey flannel suit from Berg & Berg this morning but someone beat me to it and its sold out in my size. Looks like I'll have to leave the house and find something in the shops to waste money on.

#4 2019-01-04 11:06:10

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I'm jealous, I am at the point where I literally cant add a single item in any category without divesting myself of at least one already owned article of clothing.

#5 2019-01-05 05:48:46

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

I'm so stupid I'm doing it the other way round, buying something and then throwing something out. Yesterday I went to collect a jacket I've had made and bought a cashmere rollneck and suede bomber on a whim while in the store, 50% off swung it. The rollneck is sitting on the dining table cause I need to make room in a drawer, the jacket is on a hanger hanging on the wardrobe door and the bomber has been shoved onto the shirt rail. Still waiting for the jacket made from the Fox Merchant cloth to be finished as well...and a pair of cords in a cotton/cashmere cloth.

Sometimes it feels like I'm a collector rather than wearer of clothes.

Board footer