You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-23 19:12:02

Bulldog

Cashmere Sweaters in Shetland Style

http://www.theweejun.com/recent-finds-deadstock-laurence-j-smith-laurence-odie-5-ply-cashmere-shetland/

This is extremely interesting and impressive.  Anyone have more info on other history/instances of cashmeres in shetland style/weight? Or source for them?  I would love one in dark navy. I have a McGeorge cashmere but it is thin, like the ones O'Connell's sold several years ago when they had lots of McGeorge deadstock remaining. I wonder if McGeorge ever made one like the example on the blog. In the town of Hawick (Scotland) you can find almost every color but mostly in modern styles.  Ditto Johnstons. Tiny little collars.  It seems to me like the kind of thing that one of the old ivy shops should do on exclusive contract now that so much else is available everywhere, though they'd doubtless be damned expensive. I doubt these were offered very often if at all back in the day, but I could be wrong.

/ one day the ax just fell /

#2 2019-02-24 19:24:35

Berkeley_Breathes

Re: Cashmere Sweaters in Shetland Style

I don't know, but the sweater at that link is astounding. If anyone does know, please share...

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#3 2019-02-24 20:46:23

stanshall

/\  holy schnikes that's a beautiful cashmere crewneck Bulldog

safe to say we all want one

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#4 2019-02-24 20:49:00

Bulldog

^ i sent them an email. maybe they'd do a group order.

/ one day the ax just fell /

#5 2022-07-13 05:48:04

AFS

Tasty...

Board footer