You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-16 13:13:03

Mitch1

Wearing a corduroy sport coat with jeans

Is this an option?

#2 2020-01-16 19:04:30

Berkeley_Breathes

Re: Wearing a corduroy sport coat with jeans

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#3 2020-01-16 23:59:14

RFS

It certainly is.

#4 2020-01-18 12:37:52

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Not for me personally. An overcoat, chore jacket or maybe even a bomber type then yes. A sports coat looks a bit off to me. But I'm not keen on any sports coat with jeans, unless its made in Tweed. Textures work well together IMHO, but much more so if the denim has a bit of nap to it.

Cord suits rock though.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#5 2020-01-19 09:37:20

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I dont like corduroy jackets at all but having said that, it isnt so much whether they work with jeans but which sort of jeans you're wearing. I have jeans made for me either in nice custom quality  denim (Like Holland and Sherry sell) made just like ordinary trousers with contrasting colored stitching or made from high grade denim used in commercial Jeans from a place like Premium Denim Outlet in LA http://www.premiumdenimoutlet.com/

In both instances, the denim is usually from a deep blue color in a medium to dark tone and the pants are styled more like trousers than hip huggers. In those cases, I like a sports jacket with the pants. Otherwise, I think most jeans look awful with a sports jacket. And, unless you're in show biz or really down on your luck, never wear distressed or urban decorated jeans with a sports jacket.

#6 2020-02-12 00:19:42

Horace

I can't believe you of all people wouldn't like the corduroy -- Maybe some crazy plum color with even crazier lining of ancient madder or a paisley.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#7 2020-02-13 06:39:34

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#8 2020-02-15 20:00:37

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I saw a burnt orange or pumpkin corduroy suit once which was awesome. I think i just prefer corduroy for pants. I might wear a corduroy suit for a specific event. I might even wear a corduroy suit with something embroidered on it (Color and woven device would have to be just right) but this would really be a limited use outfit.

#9 2020-02-16 18:50:46

Ed13

I have tried dark denim with a sports coat a few times over the years and never liked it.  Variations of Levis 501's are my jeans of choice and just too casual.  Recently saw a picture of a trucker jacket in corduroy and I would like to get one but never had any interest in a corduroy sports jacket.

When I was in university my presentation attire was a pair of 501's, a white dress shirt and my orange tag trucker jacket (hated the pockets on the red tags) I purchased when I was 13.  Would still rather wear this than a corduroy sports jacket.

#10 2020-06-06 18:11:32

Horace

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer