You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-23 04:57:49

An Unseen Scene

New Gloverall worker jackets

A new style for Gloverall, made in UK.  Price is decent. 
https://www.gloverall.com/products/textured-worker-blazer-1?option1=MS5422&option2=BLUE&option3=S

Same 'outdoors' proof fabric as the coats - so not meant for formal wear, more of a 'go to the pub and not absorb rain in a shower' jacket.

If Vetra is Ivy-bloke accepted then I'm envisaging there's no reason these shouldn't be either.

Talking of which, while there I see the 'Moss Jackets' that I have all the range of are at £100 now.  They are a bargain at that price.
Those are wonderful jackets as an alternative to a harrington, and warm enough to wear in winter (they were plenty warm enough for very snowy Iceland in March 2022).

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2023-06-23 04:58:40)

#2 2023-06-23 07:10:23

RobbieB

Re: New Gloverall worker jackets

Decent prices and made in UK. They appear to be doing what I think Community Clothing should be doing. CC frustrate me with their lack of products and sizing. CC almost seems to be run as a hobby.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#3 2023-06-23 07:14:30

RobbieB

The button placings on the Gloverall worker blazers seem a bit iffy and inconsistent to me. Side by side the two colours offered have different button spacings. I suppose it depends on size. Having a longer body I have to be careful of jackets with a modern cut coming up a bit too short, as well.

#4 2023-06-27 04:54:56

Kingston1an

Not sure I want to be dressed as a worker any more than a French roadsweeper in a chore coat.

It is almost as if people are frightened to wear a tailored jacket nowadays.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#5 2023-08-15 06:46:26

RobbieB

Kingy- You might be shocked to learn that even O'Connells is now selling a made in England 'Utility jacket' at $495. I think many men do think twice about wearing a tailored jacket unless the occasion is formal.

Board footer