You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Brooks Brothers RELAXED fit. What’s up with that?

#1 2023-09-17 10:23:07

Jdemy

Brooks Brothers RELAXED fit. What’s up with that?

You know those Makers shirts that have a label that says relaxed fit? Do those count as Makers? Anyone have an opinion?

#2 2023-09-18 18:38:48

Jdemy

Re: Brooks Brothers RELAXED fit. What’s up with that?

So sorry for the triplicates. This site sucks.

#3 2023-09-19 07:26:52

AlveySinger

Really interesting. I'm not sure when Makers and Merchants was phased out. The problem with Brooks is that there always appears to be old stock hanging around in their stores or outlets.

Personally, I have only come across "fits" on their newer shirts - last twenty years. Originally they used Regent fit for their slimmer shirts and Madison for more traditional cuts Then as fashion trends changed they introduced even slimmer Milano and Soho.

In the States I have seen Traditional fit and Madison fit as being interchangeable.

#4 2023-09-19 10:29:18

An Unseen Scene

I never understood all those fits - I mean, were people going into Regent St store noticably slimmer than Madison Avenue?  Were people in Milan and Soho (either UK or USA) even more slim?

#5 2023-09-19 18:24:51

Jdemy

The relaxed fits I’m referring to are seemingly ALSO Makers. They seem to come from the same era and have the original-looking Makers writing in the label. I bit them quite often. Who knows…

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Brooks Brothers RELAXED fit. What’s up with that?

Board footer