You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-22 07:30:53

Staxfan

Drizzler Style Jacket

I decided I needed a new lightweight zip jacket for summer in beige/natural, Ralph & Gant have some that look to fit the bill but the deal breaker of course are the logos, Community Clothing have some decent looking ones but only in navy & green, they do a beige'ish colour in a harrington style jacket but not the flat collar jacket,
I keep getting a Sebago ad popping up advertising docksiders, the guy in the ad has the exact jacket I want, but guess what ? , they don't have the jacket on their website,
I found a Mcgregor Drizzler on ebay NTW, size L, but the sizes were more like an XL, ( 25.5" p2p), so no luck, Anyone have any suggestions ? Harringtons don't come in the equation for me,

#2 2024-04-22 12:20:24

Half Mast

Re: Drizzler Style Jacket

I bought a Drizzler repro from Japan a few months back (but it looks like they're currently sold out). They do list a tan-coloured one.

https://www.malibu-net.jp/SHOP/list.php?Search=drizzler

The store owner (Yuji) was really nice and helpful and replied to e-mails pretty quickly. Might be worth dropping him a line to see when/if they're re-stocking?

Bill.

#3 2024-04-22 23:54:35

Staxfan

Thanks Half Mast,
I’ll check out the website,
Cheers Stax,

#4 2024-04-23 05:01:42

Staxfan

Hi HM,
I've had a look at the website, they have many items on there that us ' trad Ivy types ' probably wished were stocked @ 46CS, the prices are very good as well, I think the drizzler's come out less that £100, of course there's the shipping costs and VAT @ 20% and probably Duty around 10%, but still probably less that £200 all in, were you pleased with your drizzler ? It looks just like what I was looking for, the adjustable belts caught my eye, I noted the FOB trousers & 5 pockets ( although out of stock), were around £85, some nice looking shirts as well, thanks again !

#5 2024-04-23 09:45:39

Half Mast

Hi Stax,

If you keep the total cost of your order (including shipping costs) to less than £135, you won't be liable for any import duty/fees etc.and the VAT is pre-paid at their end and is included in the advertised price. All-in, my Drizzler cost £117.

I'm very happy with the fit and quality of the jacket, the only downside is the lack of interior pockets (not sure if the original McGregor Drizzlers had these?). It's very lightweight, not lined and made from 65% polyester, 35% cotton.

Just be careful with the sizing. I'm a small in most things (36R in jackets) but ordered the medium and the fit is perfect. The sizing dimensions are included at the end of the product description and are easy to overlook.

Hopefully he will re-stock. I think his supplier has some health issues at the moment which is complicating things.

#6 2024-04-23 12:15:40

Staxfan

Hi HM,
Thanks for the info, £117 is a great price I'd say, I did email him today and hopefully he'll get back to me within a few days,
With regard to the pockets I've got this theory that jackets & coats back in the day didn't have the pockets you get in modern jackets & coats, (based on a couple of vintage coats I have), so if my theory is sort of right they maybe are trying to keep it 'authentic' , out of interest I'll have a look at some vintage drizzlers on ebay to see if there are any pictures of the jacket interiors,
Cheers, Stax,

#7 2024-04-23 12:33:07

Half Mast

You might be right about pockets, my 60s-era London Fog G4 doesn't have internal ones either.

First-world problem; nowhere secure to carry a smartphone wink

Good luck with Yuji.

Board footer