You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-06 16:29:23

GFBurke

Wardrobe shopping in Chicago

So (since there is no travel-type forum) I thought I'd post here.  I am going to be in Chicago for a few days ahead of a tech convention.  I'm staying at a hotel called the Burnham which is pretty much right downtown.  I got some dinners at Alinea, etc. lined up with the Significant Other and in the daytime we're going to hit the usual tourist hot spots, but does anyone here have some good shopping recommendations, any good sartorial stores that one shouldn't miss in Chicago?

I know Oxxford is headquartered in Chicago, do they have a flagship store or anything?

#2 2006-06-06 18:25:28

Tomasso

Re: Wardrobe shopping in Chicago

First of all, the Burnham Hotel is located in the Reliance Building, think genesis of the skyscraper(at 14 stories). I would suggest Roosevelt Rd. for an "off the beaten path" excursion, just a ten minute cab ride from the Burnham. I usually visit Morris&Son(high end discounter of mens/womens clothing), Fishman's Fabrics(peruse bolts of the finest fabrics) and Manny's Delicatessen(the best deli in town). Unfortunately, Oxxford has no retail store and access to the their workrooms is by appointment only(arraigned through NM or Saks) for MTM fittings.

#3 2006-06-07 19:56:05

Marc Grayson

Mark Shale
George Greene
Is Marshall Fields still around?

"‘The sense of being perfectly well dressed gives a feeling of inner tranquility which even religion is powerless to bestow." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not."  Oscar Wilde

#4 2006-06-07 21:58:30

Horace

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer