You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-25 18:31:28

Vaclav

Strange experience at a bar

After the world cup I did some napping, when I woke I felt like needing more of something, perhaps beer.

To one neighborhood I went, that others have said to avoid. I saw one place called "Romance Bar" advertising 3$ Corona, so inside I went thinking this place was meant to me . The 1st strange thing I saw, was 50% women sitting at the bar, they were dressed in a way I am not accustomed. I sat at the only free place, next to one attractive woman and ordered 1 Corona. She asked very fast after, if I would buy her 1, feeling surprised I said yes without thinking. The 2nd strange thing came next, as the price of her Corona was 6$, not 3$ as mine. I paid without complaints as I was new there and wanted to be accepted. She said thank you, and I tried to make conversation, but all her answers were short, but polite also. 1 woman in the corner looked at me strongly, and I looked at her, but the strange thing #3, I am not sure if she was actually a woman after sometime. Feeling confused I mostly I watched a TV that was showing what was outside the bar. Shortly I left feeling awkward, but somehow excited over these new experiences.

Last edited by Vaclav (2006-06-25 19:59:47)

#2 2006-06-26 01:25:30

Incroyable

Re: Strange experience at a bar

Perhaps, it was a Siamese bar?

Jukebox Babe

#3 2006-06-26 01:42:06

Horace

V, please consider your own advice, which you have given so many of us and helped us through the tough times:  please be careful with your heart.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#4 2006-06-26 06:39:42

Miles Away

This is why you should come drinking with me.
I have spent years finding out where not to go at great personal cost.
You'd be quite safe in the Dakota. I'd even watch your back if you wanted a nap behind the bar...
That's what Christianity means.
M.

" ... Ubi bene, ibi patria, which being roughly translated means, 'Wherever there's a handout, that's for me, man.' "
Alistair Cooke. 1968.

#5 2006-06-27 20:25:55

Vaclav

Thank you for all the concern, but I like to go to places I don;t belong.

I also learn, you must make a risk, if you want to love again.

#6 2006-06-28 09:57:39

Coolidge

Board footer