You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-26 03:16:38

Horace

AHAT: No Flaw in Bills Khakis

The AHAT mailbox has been filling up.  I'll get to those messages soon.  In the meantime, I wanted
to address some confusion here:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55506

In that post, XCubbies asks why there's a button on the left back pocket of the trouser and none on the right.

Years ago, I once put the very same question to a Trad tailor (who was also Geo. Frazier's tailor).  Though then, I was
asking about the Corbin khaki trouser, which has the same buttoning sitch.  The same went for many other trousers that were popular in trad shops, including those made by Majer, among others.  The tailor told me that the right hasn't a button
because that's where your handkerchief is placed.  And you always put your wallet in your jacket pocket.  The left
pocket purpose, then, goes unanswered, save the fact that it might be useful for securing something (a wallet if you insist).

I did have, however, some Corbins that were "custom" made with two buttoned pockets.  Why?  I don't know.  A whim.
And a very unuseful one at that.  Will provide some pics of the old Corbins when I can.

Thank you, and Be of Good Cheer

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer