You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-11 19:52:13

GFBurke

Acquisitions

Went to the outlet mall today.  Polo, brooks brothers.  Summer sales in effect!

POLO had some weird cream-colored flannely pants for $9 that I cannot place.  They are very soft and very slightly fuzzy.  Flat front, cut like jeans or flat front khakis but with strange button-up pockets even on the side seams.  They feel a little like sporting goods of some kind.  They are a little warm for summer but they're off-white so a little odd in the winter, probably why they were marked down.  Are these cricket pants? anyways I couldn't resist them, $9 is $9.

2 OCBDs, omg the pony!  I like Polo's ocbds and always have.   A real Polo OCBD shirt was something I spent the princely sum of $60 on when I was a teenager and it was my favorite shirt and lasted years.  So I had to get another, exact same color, unchanged since 1987.  Not crazy about the pony but not allergic to it either. Their fabric just feels right to me. 

Couple pairs shorts, some pink, yellow and light blue socks (I am all about wacky socks)

BROOKS had some short sleeve linen shirts in solid colors : orange, white and light blue.  Very summery.  Very wearable under a linen suit or even a navy blazer.   In summer wearing short sleeves under a jacket should be allowable.   

And some sweater vests.  Yellow, and white.  Why on earth do I buy sweater vests when they make me look like I beamed down from Planet Dorkwad?  I still love them.  Wah!

Board footer