You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-13 07:53:40

ausmith

Sherman McCoy's suits in the Bonfire of the Vanities

Hi guys,

I re-watched the movie last night and found Tom Hanks superb in those suits. I believe in the novel the character's suits are from Huntsman. Anyone has idea who made the suits for the movie?

#2 2006-07-13 08:02:00

sweetbooness2

Re: Sherman McCoy's suits in the Bonfire of the Vanities

Henry Stewart ? Those members of the board who are more well versed than myself in describing tailoring terms can describe his style. He is dead now, and I only conversed with him over the phone a couple of times. I think he worked well into his eighties. I know Frank Shattuck apprenticed(?) with him for a time.

I am fairly sure he worked on Hanks's wardrobe.

Last edited by sweetbooness2 (2006-07-13 08:05:22)

#3 2006-07-13 15:12:24

Beau-Barrister

The suits for MCCoy's defense lawyer were sweet too. I remember reading that character was based on Ed Hayes who sometimes posts on LL.

PS.

I have no idea who made the suits but I like the style. Even the PR man who worked with the reverand had an interesting look if I recall. Silk shirt with a matching silk bowtie?

Last edited by Beau-Barrister (2006-07-13 15:13:59)

#4 2006-07-13 19:08:35

Horace

I forget how the character in the film dressed.  But the one in the book (in his person if not solely his dress) was portrayed as vulgar and brash, though competent.  Do you disagree?  Perhaps I am misremembering...

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer