You are not logged in.

#51 2009-06-02 03:00:24

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: Reclaiming the Blazer

I think the key is to keep things fairly slim, the tie, the trouser leg. A navy sack blazer would do me fine 9 days out of 10. My strong preference is for brass buttons, and I'm not a 'gold' person.
One look I did rely on a lot over the winter was white OCBD, navy Smedley crewneck, and Brooks navy blazer. Either with charcoal flannels or dark jeans.

#52 2009-06-05 04:27:57

Horace

I never relinquished my claim to the blazer but somehow it became the new suit in casual America.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#53 2021-12-20 12:13:21

A Fine Sadness

Mmm...  Having bought this Dalkeith I'm doing a good deal of pondering, even though it probably won't be seen in public for another four months. 
Apparently I owned a Brooks blazer once upon a time.  I can only vaguely remember doing so and I probably didn't like it.
I would want, above all, to steer well clear of the 'associations' a navy blazer can have in England, so a 'Warhol approach' might be favourite, dressing it right down with a pale blue Makers, Levis and sneakers.

#54 2021-12-21 02:06:00

A Fine Sadness

Muted Madras even?

#55 2021-12-21 02:30:12

RobbieB

I no longer own a blazer and i can't imagine wearing one nowadays. The blazer was always part of school uniforms and regimentation in my mind. I did wear them with grey flannels and black sebagos, OCBD and stripped tie but that was a long time ago now . My blazers were always single breasted. Double breasted never, ever considered. Now where is my hoddie? I'm off out.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#56 2021-12-21 02:54:26

A Fine Sadness

LOL.  I've just come back in what passes nowadays as a 'hoodie'.  This is a Russell Athletic sweat/popover item, worn beneath the Gloverall.  A nice walk but, being diabetic, I needed to pee. 
I know what you mean about the school blazer and regimentation.  This example, being sold by an African charity, was a bit of an impulse buy.  But as Nigerians are pretty much now part of my extended family it seemed the right thing to do.

#57 2021-12-21 02:58:37

A Fine Sadness

Whatever happens, I shall certainly play around with it. 
I'm sometimes amused (and flattered) when people tell me how smart I look.  Not really my intention.

Board footer